Search Unity

New price for Unity Dialogue Engine. Introducing LITE.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MrDude, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDude

MrDude

Hi all

With the release of the Unity Dialogue Engine Advanced, the classic version of the Unity Dialogue Engine will no longer be receiving updates or customer support. As such, I have simply rebranded this complete dialogue engine as a LITE version and dropped the price by 50% !!!

It is still the same, complete and comprehensive dialogue engine as it always was, except it now costs half the price :)

The price update has been sent to the Asset Store so it should be live soon but you can also buy it directly from my website. When buying on the Asset Store you get the complete Java Script source code for the UDE version 1.4 but if you buy it from my website you also get the complete C# source code for version 1.3 as a free bonus.

Enjoy :)
    http://www.mybadstudios.com/?wpsc-product=unity-dialogue-engine

asset store link
    http://u3d.as/content/my-bad-studios/unity-dialogue-engine-lite

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  2. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

Hey
    is there plans for releasing PlayMaker actions for the asset?

3. MrDude

MrDude

I had a look at it but with my limited experience with PlayMaker made it seem to me that using PM with the UDE was nothing more than hard work for no gains. PM is good as what it does and my system is good at what it does but trying to make the two work together would entail just too many hoops to jump through to make it worth while or practical...

So I contacted the authors of PlayMaker and asked them if they would be interested in having a look to see if they can come up with a way to make our kits play well together. surely if there is an easy solution to be had, they would be the ones to see it and do it before their coffee is cold... Turns out they sounded very open to the idea but I have not heard back from them again. I am assuming they also came to the same conclusion that I did...

I have had a number of people ask me about this so I would love to say they can support each other but it seems neither Hutong Games nor I am able to bridge this gap. Sorry. :(

I am willing to make this a standing offer, though:
    If any existing UDE Advanced customer can present me with a working solution for PlayMaker that I can offer to the rest of you, I would give them a full refund on their purchase of my kit... So the offer is made... Anyone who has both kits, if you can make them work together, get in touch with me. This offer is valid till I receive the first working solution so if you want to take me up on this offer, first come first served... :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  4. MrDude

MrDude

5. Ullukai

Ullukai

idunno whats going on with the assetstore these days when they let this sort of thing get on their store...

this is advertised having both JS and CS versions in it and it does not ! Quote from his page: http://www.mybadstudios.com/?wpsc-product=unity-dialogue-engine
    shows in yellow text in a yellow box saying:"This product includes the full source code for both the JS and C# version of the Unity Dialogue Engine" !
    It never came with a C# version !

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  6. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Instead of screaming scam and leaving a nasty review you that you want a refund, you perhaps could have at least first tried to work it out with MrDude first. I'm sure it's a simple overlook that can be fixed.

For the record I have worked with MrDude several times over the course of 4 years, he is nothing remotely close to a scam artist. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  7. Ullukai

Ullukai

Yeah, okay, it says no support but I did email him and he sent me some scripts to try to get the whole thing to work with my CS project and it failed many times. So many times that I got fed up with it because he never answered me after my last problem with it. He should have just gave us all the C# source to begin with like he says it comes with.
    For the record: You think that is nasty ? I'm just calling it as it is and making everybody aware of what is actually in the UDE Lite IF you buy it. You tell the world that your project comes with all these nice things when in fact it don't and see what happens. He's lucky no one said anything. Be a nice guy or not I don't care as long as you deliver what you say you are delivering. Just don't go lieing to all and rip them off !

If you don't want to give a refund then at least give the C# source for it as you stated ! I bought the whole thing thinking it has the NPC merchant also because he says the UDE Lite is the same as UDE just that there is no support. You play the demo as stated and it shows an NPC merchant but after you buy it you find out it has none ! Very scamlike if you ask me.

8. MrDude

MrDude

Oh good God, are you kidding me? My first complaint in 5 years and what is the complaint?
    "He never answered me while he was asleep! How dare he go to bed before I send him an email and not answer me before he wakes up!!! This makes him a scam artist. I am going to tell the entire world that he is a liar and as evil as Skeletor !!!"

Are you kidding me or what?

On the asset store description it says: "Full Java Script source code". It's written right THERE!!! In English! And you are upset for not having C# code? Seriously? You are blaming me for not being able to read? Like that is my fault? More examples to follow...

On my website, in big bold yellow letters I say "this version of the Unity Dialogue Engine is the complete classic version". How does "classic" sound like "latest" ? You read "this is the classic version" and understood "this is the same as the latest version" ...and you blame me? Are you being serious right now? The fact that you are telling the world I am not trust worthy suggests you ARE actually blaming me for your malfunctioning cognitive process! OMG! What do I do? What do I do? :(

It also states in big bold yellow text: "this product will receive no further updates or customer support so we have reduced the price by 50% and offer it as a LITE version of the new Unity Dialogue Engine Advanced" ...

Let me just repeat that "a LITE version of the new Unity Dialogue Engine Advanced". How does "another version of something else" sound like "exactly the same thing" ?

Seriously? Om my god..!

Did you notice on the UDE Lite page THERE IS A LINK TO A DEMO? Did you notice that IN THE DEMO THAT IS ON THE UDE LITE PAGE, there is NO store in the demo???

You looked at a demo that is ONLY available on ANOTHER PRODUCT'S PAGE and blame me when two different products don't have the same features? ...I am at a loss for words... There is no logical reply to that... That is so very much the definition of "common sense" that I don't even know how to reply to that... :O

On my website I offer the C# source code as a free bonus to people who buy the product there, yes. Sue me for doing something nice for people. On the asset store I clearly state you get the JavaScript source. So what exactly is your problem?

I clearly state in the description that the lite version does not include support as I only support the current UDE Advanced but you sent me an email asking for help and in return I sent you the c# version (1.5 no less. A version that is more advanced than the version you bought and NOT publicly available).

I state that the lite version does not include support but I even went as far as writing you code samples and sending you new display files to accompny the c# code I provided.

I then actually SAID to you (let me quote the mail):
    Free code, free upgrade, free replacement display files, and offer to help you get this kit integrated with your kit and what do I get for my trouble? My first negative feedback in 5 years (for any product) and you going around advertising that I am a scam artist. Why am I a scam artist? Simple, because you sent me an email after I went to bed and threw a tantrum for me not replying to your mail before I woke up... I go to bed and wake up to find you left me a bad review and then try to blackmail me with "Give me my money back or I keep the bad review up".

Please don't forget to also mention to people what exactly the problem is you were having in the first place... It's not a problem with the UDE not working, the problem you had was that you want your existing FPS code to take into account when you are busy speaking so that your character doesn't run around while you are speaking. This is why you contacted me... to help you get your existing product from somewhere else to behave differently now that you have also included my kit.

And still I tried to help you. Well thanks for making me waste my time on you yesterday. Perhaps I should charge you my freelance rate for helping you get someone else's code to work differently. What do you think? Sounds fair, right?

I suppose it was bound to happen. It took 5 years for someone to have something bad to say about me. Guess "How dare you write me free code, give me free upgrades and offer to help me? I wants to throw a tantrum cause my momma never done gone 'n teach me ta read English good so here is a blackmail for you" ... is probably not too bad.

I will be glad to give you my first ever refund for any product I have ever sold. Since you are the first person to EVER fail at using it, the fact that I have already spent to much time trying to help you means I would most probably spend weeks more trying to teach you the basics of how to code in any language and that is certainly not worth $15. Send me your invoice and you can be proud to be the first person EVER to not know how to use any of my kits.

Now, now that I am awake and have read your email, allow me to provide you some more support...
    I sent you the C# version and told you:
    You then complained about the fact that there are now 2 versions of the UDE in your project and it is causing problems to which I said:
    I then also sent you C# versions of the display files to save you from having to convert them yourself. So replace the existing JS display file with the new ones I sent you. But instead you do this:

- Delete the file containing the _crDialogue file
    - See that one of the old scripts I told you to delete requires a class in the other file you just deleted
    - Call me a scam artist
    - Blackmail me and smear my good name in public

All my other customers can attest to the fact that I give excellent customer support (as is evident by one of my customers coming to my defense before I even knew you had your little tantrum attack) and even you yourself said:
    With this kind of care, you could definitely have handled this matter way better. I offered to help you get someone else's code working AND I didn't charge you anything to do so but instead of accepting my offer to help you get someone else's code working, you decided you want a refund. Instead of asking me for a refund, though, you first leave me a bad review and smear my name through the dirt and send me a blackmail email.

This after all the effort I put into helping you...
    Thanks

9. Ullukai

Ullukai

Okay, your NOT a nice guy then and I will not say anything further about you. On your website (http://www.mybadstudios.com/?wpsc-product=unity-dialogue-engine)it says in yellow text in the yellow outlined box:
    So where is it ? It has no C# source code when you buy it and download it. I will be happy to receive a refund and please keep your humour.

10. MrDude

MrDude

Did you buy it on the website? No.
    So did you get what it offers on the website? No.
    Did you buy it on the Asset STore? Yes.
    Did you get what is advertised on the Asset Store? Yes.

Did you WANT the complete C# version of the UDE, not just the upgraded scripts I sent you? Well then why didn't you ask for it?

I'll send it to you now if you still want it. I am not psychic, after all. I sent you the C# version out of my own accord because you mentioned the rest of your product was written in C#. Even after smearing my name through the mud you STILL have not once asked me for the c# version...

11. VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR

http://unity3d.ca/ <- Wait and you have Unity "learning" resources on your website? Not sure how you can use Unity3d domain name, and get away with it, but wow. Simple english dude, simple english.

12. Ullukai

Ullukai

read the About page and you will see that I have permission so watch your language ;)

give me a break. Go and buy it at his website and this is what you see:
    $9lfh.jpg

okay, so he is selling a bunch of packages that are all named UDE Lite and the buy button is underneath his explanation of what is included with it but in reality he has a bunch of different UDE Lite packages that are not the same yet he advertises them all with the same explanation. Confusing

13. MrDude

MrDude

Yeah... I just got an email and fond out where the confusion came in. On the asset store I offer the JS version of the UDE, version 1.4. On my website I offer the same but I also include a free copy of version 1.3 that includes both JS and C# versions. It is a free bonus to my website customers.

I recently modified my website to also link to my asset store page and he noticed the website bonus, clicked on the button to go to the store. From there he didn't read the asset store description that states it only has the JS source and hit the buy button.

I can see how there can be some confusion about the free bonus to my website customers causing some confusion when there is a button linking to the asset store where the free bonus is not included.

I will update the website to correct this confusion but still, I give it away for free to my customers and he has/ had free access to it had he only asked. There was absolutely no reason to call me a scammer and smear my name in public then send me a blackmail email.... all of this without EVER ONCE asking me for the C# version!!!

I admit I can see where the confusion came in, but honestly, can you blame me for not reading the description on the asset store? You bought it on the asset store so obviously the description on the asset store is the correct description for the asset store. This description is accurate for the website just as the asset store description is accurate for the asset store but I am still prepared to give any of my asset store customers the c# version if they ask for it...

Thing is, they just have to ASK me for it... If they buy a Js product, how can I be expected to know they want the C# version if they don't tell me?

Simple, smear my name in public and blackmail me into giving them what they never asked for. That will work and is obviously the best possible way to go...

14. Ullukai

Ullukai

yeah , so the whole problem was all C# related so you should have gave the whole C# source code and not just 3 UDE C# scripts that produced errors and then give me some other extras that produced more errors

15. MrDude

MrDude

I disagree. I gave you the version 1.5 source code simply because you said the rest of your product was made in C# and I thought you would appreciate a C# version. I never for a second thought you were going to throw a tantrum because I didn't give you the complete version 1.3 product instead.

!!!!!!! YOU NEVER ASKED ME FOR A C# VERSION !!!!!!

There are different versions of the UDE Lite, sure. Buy any one and I will freely give you access to any version I still have but don't expect me to hold on to version 1.0 when I have already fixed the 1.0 bugs to create 1.1. Don't expect me to keep 1.1 when I have added improvements to create 1.2, etc.. but yeah, buy the UDE Lite and get any version of the UDE Lite for free. That is my take on the matter.

I'm sorry that confuses you... :(

But for Pete's sake, let's all test how many people on this forum are idiots:
    - If you think that two products with different names are the same product, please reply with your name here.
    - If you see a demo on one product's page and then see another demo on another product's page and expect both products to do what both demos show, please write your name here.
    - If you get personal attention from a developer who offers to personally help you get his product working in your project and feel that that is reason to tell the world that the developer is a scammer, please write your name here...

On top of that, the problem was not "all C# related". That is bullshit! The UDE works! You wanted the FPS kit to work differently now that you have the UDE in your project. Why don't you write the author of the FPS kit and tell him:
    "Hey, my character still runs around while I am busy showing a dialogue. Your product doesn't work. Give me my money back or I will leave you a bad review" ?

The UDE works as advertised and if you wanted the C# version you could have told me so and you would have gotten it. The UDE will still work as advertised if you run the C# version and it will work exactly as the JS version. Just swopping the JS version of the UDE for the C# version of the UDE won't magically make the FPS ode work differently...

I have now sent you the C# code but this is not going to magically make the FPS kit work differently. You will still have to do what I told you in the emails.

Just to elaborate for those who don't know, the UDE has a static variable that you can inspect to see wether or not it is currently active. As such, to make the FPS character stand still while in a conversation, you need to open the FPS kit's movement script(s) and in the various Update() functions add this:
    Code (csharp):
    1. if (_crDialogue.PlayMode == ePlaymode.Dialogue) return;
    That's it. Problem solved.

Anyways, the notice on the website has now been updated to avoid any future confusion, you have now received the C# version and I have sent Unity an email asking them why I can't refund you from the website any more so will work with them to get this refund issue resolved and get you your money back.

There really is nothing more to say here. You didn't have the common decency to just ask for the c# version in any of the emails we exchanged so now you are going to have your refund and that is the end of it. I assume (and pray) it is safe to assume you will never again be a customer of mine so we really have nothing further to say to each other.

I herewith end my involvement with this discussion and wish you well in life. I will continue to follow up with Unity until I can get you your refund but apart from that I really don't want to waste any more time on this matter.

16. Marble

Marble

MrDude, your avatar seems more appropriate than ever!

Can I ask some questions of the more germane variety?

I bought UDE last year, and it's been the center of the dialogue system in the game I've been developing. I've extended it heavily to support multiple pages of text, keyword parsing, pixel width-limited line lengths, fairly comprehensive saving and events, and I have many thousands of words in UDEML. Since the LITE version marks the end of the product's update lifetime, I've been wondering about UDE Advanced. I've had a look at the product descriptions, and am not totally sure how the two systems differ.

What is more "intelligent" about the dialogue system in UDEA, according to your features description?

Does it serialize gameKeys any differently / better than UDE LITE?

Does the markup language in UDEA differ from that in UDE? I think it would be a nightmare to convert all my old dialogue files to a new format, not to mention the scripts I've written for converting dialogue trees created externally into UDEML. If the language is different, what advantages are there to the difference?

I've subclassed UDE.js for my extensions; is the programming interface in UDEA similar / the same as that in UDE LITE?

Anyway... it ought to be mentioned after all of the above that this tool has been a real workhorse in my system; I've only ever had to ask you for support once, and it was the best support I've ever had.

17. MrDude

MrDude

Marble. LOL on the avatar comment, dude! :D He he! I always thought about that as me working on a Windows PC, though:p

Right, to answer your questions, there is a lot of info on the changes over here: http://cmlevolution.mybadstudios.com
    Far more than I can mention here so please have a look at that and get back to me with any more questions.

To give you a brief overview of why it is better, first and foremost, the UDE is limited to you having only access to the tags WHO, NEXT, REQUIRE and KEYS. The UDEA allows you to have any number of tags you wish. As such it supports localization right out of the box simply by adding your dialogue next to a tag named appropriately for the language you wish to support... 2 languages? 20? No problem.

The fie system is indeed different and uses CML instead of the UDE filesystem. This is how the above is possible. As a side effect of the fact that it uses CML, when I went over to Leslie to help him create the plugin forthe UniRPG, he said he wanted 3 new features:
    1. He wanted to always show a "Continue" button and have it localized
    2. He always wanted to show a "Stop conversation" button and have it localized
    3. He wanted to be able to display localized text as a question WHILE showing choices

Doing this took less than 5 minutes. All I had to do was change the dialogue scripts to contain this new info (obviously) and then in code tell the system to fetch this details and use it as it wanted to. This is the part that required the 5 minutes. In order for the UDEA to now make use of the newly structured dialogue script format required 0 changes to the UDEA itself. In fact, the entire customization to make it compatible with the UniRPG required 0 changes to the UDEA.

I wanted to create a UDE plugin for UniRPG also but the sheer amount of work involved was simply too daunting. So, compare "too daunting" with "required 0 changes" and you will start to see why I say one kicks the other's ass :)

With regards to your conversions, yes, I'm afraid that might be a pain. If you customized the UDEML scrip layout then more so but if the actual dialogue script format remains untouched, I do also include with the UDEA a script to convert from UDE to UDEA compatible CML. The tool is not perfect and for really complex scripts might mess up the Id's of the turns so although it can do 98% of the conversion FOR you, you need to make sure the end results work as expected.

The only thing that the UDE does that the UDEA does not, is automatic id assignments of each turn. With the UDE you just write and write and write and it will assign IDs to each turn for you (although if you do redirection then I sincerely doubt you ever made use of this feature as you would have no idea where you are in the conversation) but the UDEA requires that you explicitly define the turn's id. Only drawback.

Another nice feature of the UDEA using CML for the scripts is that you have two different ways of scripting... You could write it in "standard form" which very closely resembles what you are used to with the UDE or you can use the "shorthand form" which looks like this:
    Code (csharp):
    1. <turn> id=3; who=1; next=-1; Hallo world; Japanese=Konnichiwa
    ...and you are free to mix and match it as you see fit. I.e.
    Code (csharp):
    1. <turn> id=3; who=1; next=-1; Hallo world;
    2.          [ Japanese ] Konnichiwa
    ...and as you can see, it is very forgiving with white space where the UDE, as you very well know, is not... :)

Again, with it being based on CML, it means you can now use CML's file accessing code to actually CREATE your dialogue in script and just tell it to save it for you and you have valid UDEA scripted CML output. How cool is that? :) In fact, that is how the converter works. It loads in a UDE script like normal, then copies each turn into a CML variable and then just calles SaveFile() to write it to disc.

This means you can now read in a file, modify it at run time and save the new file out to disc again... Can you imagine the possibilities? Imagine using it as a GameSave system... Read in a a file, change any settings, save it back to disc. The next update will even encrypt your data to non human-readable form... Remember, you can save anything you want so you are not limited to only saving out dialogues.... Oh good heavens, no! You can use this as a complete database of info. You store your data and simply tell the CML file "Give me field X as an Int, please"... or a Vector or a Rect or a string or a bool........ Imagine this... To save the player's position when you save the game, you do this:
    Code (csharp):
    1.  UDEA.GameKeys.Set("Settings", transform.position.ToString(), "position");
    2. UDEA.GameKeys.Set("Settings", transform.rotation.ToString(), "rotation");
    ...reading it back is even cooler...
    Code (csharp):
    1.  transform.position = UDEA.GameKeys.Vector("Settings", "position");
    2. transform.rotation = UDEA.GameKeys.Quad("Settings", "rotation");
    ...can you see why I say the UDEA kicks the UDE's ass? :D
    Again, read that other page I linked you to and if you ave any more questions, feel free to mail me and I'll get you sorted :)

18. Marble

Marble

Great. Thanks for such a swift (and thorough) answer!

19. Ullukai

Ullukai

Because you were falsely advertising(scamming). You were selling a bunch of packages that were all named UDE Lite and the buy button was underneath the explanation of what is included with all of them. But in reality they were all different UDE Lite packages with the same buy button making it a scam because you don't get what is in the explanation after you buy UDE Lite with the one button. It was your mistake and not mine.

20. TopThreat

TopThreat

For anyone that is questioning the character of MrDude and the quality of his product based on the statements of Ullukai please understand that this appears to be a case of misunderstanding and an unfortunate escalation of something that could have been solved very easily if the communications issues did not occur. The products are excellent as is the support that Mr.Dude provides.

Let me tell you why I am convinced of this:

I have purchased UDE. I have purchased CMLE (Now renamed). I have purchased several of the other assets Mr.Dude has created as well. Mr.Dude has gone out of his way to prove repeatedly his devotion to his products and the great skill he possesses and is sharing with us for a very small amount of money.

Even though it does not affect me at present - I have the products and they work for me, I am still personally a bit offended at the attacks against Mr.Dude and abashed that he has had to step away from creating great assets for us just to defend his honor and integrity - Something that should be immediately apparent to any and all that have done business with him before. He has ALWAYS answered my newbie (and sometimes not newbie) questions in a timely fashion. He has ALWAYS gone above and beyond by even offering code examples of how I can get the code integrated into MY assets.

Ullukai - If you wanted a refund, why did you just not ask for one. If you had any decency you would have simply pointed out the information that led you buying something that did not work for you and made you feel misled. I believe that Mr.Dude would have refunded the money AND corrected any ambigues information on the website so that others do not have the same misunderstanding. If you were kind you would get your money back or the full copy of the C# version that Mr.Dude offered you and move on.

Best regards to both of you, misunderstandings suck but they are no reason to hurt the perceived character of both of you by continuing in a public spectacle.

Lee

21. MrDude

MrDude

Hi Lee

Thanks for defending my honor, mate. Much appreciated! :D As far as I am concerned, though, this issue is now resolved. I have nothing further to add to this.

I can, however, offer one final bit of insight, though... I was offering the UDE Lite v1.4 for sale and to those who bought it from my website they get v1.3 for free also. Those who buy it from the Asset Store did not get it until they told me they wanted it...

...well, my package update has been accepted a few minutes ago so as of NOW, the UDE Lite on the Asset Store also includes the zipped up copy of v1.3! :D Meaning, as of a few minutes ago, people no longer have to ask me for the c# version after they bought the kit on the Asset Store, it downloads automatically! :)

Now there is no more chance of anybody getting confused by this any more :)

22. Ullukai

Ullukai

And for Pete's sake, how many people on this planet are idiots because they:
    - are advertising that they are selling a 3 ring circus but in fact are just selling you only a clown
    - are advertising that they are selling a brand new sports car but in fact are just selling the keys to the car
    - are advertising that they are selling their computer system but in fact are just selling their broken keyboard

Thanks for finally fixing your advertising though

don't expect me to reply any more to this thread as I have better things to do

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  23. VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR

DUDE... If you actually READ what was on the asset store, you got EXACTLY what was on the asset store. Not sure why you can't understand this basic piece of English. It does not matter one bit what he had on his site. You didn't buy it from his website. It also doesn't matter if the asset store link was even on the same page. He was giving away that extra free stuff because he gets more NET income from his site than the asset store. Pretty simple stuff here. 625 posts and you still can't understand the basics. I'm at a loss....

24. Ullukai

Ullukai

Right so you are at a loss when you go to a website to buy something where the explanation is there on what your about to buy and then you pay for it using the button on the website and you get something else. 56 posts and you still don't understand about advertising. You are at a loss
    I guess you would accept the clown that you didn't buy but actually paid for the 3 ring circus.

25. MrDude

MrDude

Oh good god. He found some "spare time" and decided to come spout his nonsense here again... I thought we were done with him.

Let me just get one thing sorted out quickly... You are complaining about wanting the C# version but only getting the JS version. Now you have the JS version and the C# version so in what way is the circus a clown?

Since the package includes everything the advertising states it does, in what way am I a scammer? Did you ever bother to ask your mom to look up the word "scam" for you?

I do not want you as a customer so I am still 100% committed to giving you your money back and having you out of my life but just clarify for me again, on what grounds are YOU filing for the refund again? For being confused? Was that right?

This is a community for games developers. Games is a business over here, not just "something for kids". This is a place of business for people in the business of making games. If you want to go throw temper tantrums over not being able to read or understand English please go do it elsewhere. You childlike ranting has no place here. I have sold literally hundreds of copies of the UDE Lite and you are the only person out of literally hundreds of people who feel I am a dishonest person. There is nobody here who is taking you seriously. Have you honestly not got the mental capacity to figure this out? Please go play with your toys or visit your school website. Stop trying to sound important with the grown ups... you are failing miserably.

Notice how the other people I have "scammed" have come to my defense. How many of the hundreds of customers I have serviced over the course of the past few years have come to back up your claim that I lie and cheat people out of their money with false advertising? Face it, you threw a temper tantrum because you didn't know the sun doesn't shine over the whole whole world at once and I didn't answer your email at 3 in the morning.

Calling me a scammer because I didn't answer your mail at 3 in the morning doesn't mean the world will suddenly declare you God and agree with any nonsense you decide to spout. If you cannot understand that an update to version 1 is called 1.1 and an update to 1.1 is called 1.2 but that all of there "different kits with the same name" is actually the same product, that is your mother's fault for raising you to be a compete idiot. That does not make me a criminal. Come back and speak with the grown ups when you have learned that there is a difference between "common sense" and whatever you call what it going on in your mind....

26. MrDude

MrDude

I take that back... I don't want you to start posing in this thread again 10 years from now...

Here:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/410

This kit is sex n legs, man. It can't be beat. It is the best kit in the universe. It can do everything you ever wanted including making your toast in the morning. It can drive you to school and even do your homework. It absolutely rocks, man!

See? THAT is what false advertising sounds like.

You may not get what I just promised you but I have in past told customers who wanted the UDE but had requirements my kit cannot meet to get this kit. It is completely different from mine but if what I am offering is not what you want then this kit is a good contender.

Please get that kit and start giving him hell. (He he! First time ever I played dirty with the competition. :) Ha ha! )

Special note to Itsumo san:
    Moushiwake gozaimasen deshita Itsumo san. Ganbatte! :)

I rememebr when I first proposed the UDE in the forums and I asked people what price I should sell it at. People recommended $100 so I did so and all was well. Then came the argument that if I sell it for cheaper I will get more sales but the other side of the camp said that if I keep it priced at what it's worth, I won't get complete n00bs wasting my time with their inability to code.

Funny thing is, I've sold hundreds of copies of this kit at between $70 and $260 per customer and have had no complaints at all. Then, after 5 years, I lower the price to $30 and Unity puts it on special for for $17.50 for a single day... So for one day out of 5 years it sells for $17.50 and would you believe it.... suddenly I have my first complaint and I am called a scammer... for the first time in 5 years after hundreds of satisfied customers... The one day that the kit sells for peanuts and suddenly my product is a lie...

Incredible coincidence, huh?

27. Ullukai

Ullukai

WOW ! You are one bad dude aren't you ?
    good advertising not. What is the definition of a scam ? hmmmm....... maybe selling a car but actually giving just the keys....
    you advertised all your UDE Lite packages on your website all with one explanation of what you get with them and then when you go to buy it with the button underneath that explanation of what you are buying you get something different -->> just like buying a 3 ring circus but only getting a clown
    false advertising hence the name scam:
    $7dxe.jpg
    Your mistake not mine. Grow up and run your business the right way and not the bad way

28. MrDude

MrDude

And did I give you the other version when you asked for it?
    Oh that's right, you never did...

So did I deny you anything that I advertised? No. Did you GET all that I advertised? Yes. And you are STILL going on about false advertising when you currently have everything I advertised plus extras that other do not?

Did you forget to read the post you quoted? It said to get some common sense. Go ask you mom to look up what a scam is. I guarantee you it will not say "scam is when you get everything you were promised"

I thought you had better things to do than to waste our time? Why are you still showing the world your inability to apply common sense. I offer one product and give extras to the customers who want it but instead of saying you want it you decide it is a scam before even ASKING JUST once WHILE you were busy email me. Then I ask you to ask your mommy to show you how to use the encyclopedia but you don't even know how to ask your mommy to read to you. Again, this is a place for grown ups. Please go play with your Pokemon cards or something.

Hundreds of customers say they get exactly what is advertised. You say it's false advertising.
    Who is right? The world or you?

I am honestly tired of trying to convince you that a circle has no straight edges or that a square has only 4 sides. Please ask your mom to put you back in first grade and go learn some common sense. You are not ready for the world

29. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hehe funny, i had no nerve for a discussion like this and give him the refund for one of my products.

30. MrDude

MrDude

Did it to you too? Figured there would be more people.

I have never had a refund request before so this is new territory for me. I have often told people to not get my kits when I felt my kit was not right for them (heck, less than an hour ago I told someone else that my kit is not suited to his project and he should not buy it). My customers can attest to my support being second to none. Just last week I spoke with a guy who offered me full time position if I wanted it simply based on the level of service I provided him BEFORE he bought the product. So if someone wanted a refund, I would be more than happy to acknowledge their request but this person didn't ask me for a refund, he defiled my reputation in public and blackmailed me in private.

That kind of childish tantrums do not sit well with me. Not one of my customers have had anything negative to say about me in 5 years and I have worked with the military of two different countries, universities from Australia, Russia, the US and the UK as well as a number of other high ranking places... Hell, this very same product was/is being used as course ware in a number of universities around the world... Now this moron takes it upon himself to drag my name through the mud because he didn't have the decency to voice his concerns to me first. Suddenly I am the bad guy. What the hell? He found me out.

All the guys from the various foreign military who approached me and all the people with so many titles behind their names that I am not able to recognize half of them, they were alllllllll fooled by my clever marketing tactics and never noticed that they didn't get what they purchased. Ha ha! I was so clever that I fooled the smartest people in the world... but I was not smart enough to fool Ullukai... oh no, sir. I have met my match. All the most clever people in the world must watch out... Just because they teach advanced programming at university level doesn't mean they are above my clever marketing tactics... Only Ullukai is THAT clever... He is the only person in all the world who could expose me as the scammer that delivers all he promises... Darn...

I suppose now that my secret is out I will have to continue delivering what I promise... Darn. And I was SO hoping that I could continue playing the entire world for the fool and only give them what I advertise... Shoot. Now I will have to stop fooling the world by still giving them exactly the same product and service as always... How sad... I wonder how many people THAT is going to confuse... HA HA HA! :D

31. Ullukai

Ullukai

32. MrDude

MrDude

Oh so THAT is where the whole clown thing fits into the picture? I get it now !!!

I also pray for the day when this nonsense comes to an end. All we need now is for you to make a public apology for falsely accusing me of any wrong doing and this matter can be laid to rest.

33. Ullukai

Ullukai

You want me to apologize in public for you ripping me off ? You are one sorry businessman. Better fix your act !

34. MrDude

MrDude

Yes. I do expect you to apologize.
    That is what you do when you are wrong.

Perhaps you can explain how you are being ripped off one more time... See if you can convince just 1 person on this entire forum that you are correct. Go on, I dare you. try and convince just one person that you are not a liar and and an immature kid who likes to make a stink for absolutely no reason at all.

I dare you to convince just one person that I ripped you off. I dare you.
    I dare you to convince just one person that you are right and just one person that I am guilty of ripping anybody off...

I dare you to find just one person who will collaborate your story without it costing you all your pocket money to bribe him..

I dare you. The challenge is made...

Anyone who believes I am at fault here and ripped this guy off in the slightest, please state your case!

You have received the JS and the C# version and as soon as I get a reply from Unity about the refund request you will also get your money back so not only did you get EVERYTHING that was advertised AND extras but you also get your money back... I DARE you to convince just one person that I ripped you off...

I dare you...

35. Ullukai

Ullukai

HAHAHAHAHAHA....LOL... You answered your own dare. You gave me an email that states that YOU are convinced that YOU ripped me off. Here is what you emailed me after I explained to you in an email that you ripped me off:

There. The dare is over and now you can apologize to the world that you are one bad businessman and that you did rip me off because YOU already stated that in that email you sent me.

36. MrDude

MrDude

Oh my GOD, this kid is clearly 5 years old. THAT is his evidence, people... Who thinks his "evidence" makes me a scammer? :D

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Thanks, dude, now everybody can see how willing I was to please you! :D
    Who here agrees that "Here is the link" sounds like I am ripping him off ? :D

What a complete idiot! Thinking that is evidence against me!? :D Ha ha ha

37. Ullukai

Ullukai

right and after I made a new project and tried that C# project you gave it spat out errors and errors and then you never replied to my request on how to fix those errors

38. Ullukai

Ullukai

ya so you ripped me off and now you can apologize

39. zumwalt

zumwalt

Few short notes:
    Ullukai = ripped off RPG maker company by doing the same crap to them and got his money back
    Ullukai = ripped off Mr Dude with UDE and got the code for 1.5 for free
    Ullukai = now has free copies of RPG Maker kit and free copies of UDE
    Ullukai = found a way to rip off everyone by blackmailing them publicly, disgracing Ullukai publicly, can't seem to get a life... publicly.

Here is my question, once a REFUND is given for any product, that means the purchaser AKA Ullukai, has to DELETE the local copies, all emails with any copies and remove any possible evidence of said copies from his or her computer otherwise they are in breach of all EULA's for those products because frankly Ullukai doesn't own anything any more.

So from this entire thread what I see is Ullukai stealing code and simply wont stop.
    So sellers beware of Ullukai and Unity you might want to revoke Ullukai from using your domain name in Canada because Ullukai is utilizing your name in another country as his or her own licensed domain, so wait that is one more thing:
    Ullukai = steals Unity3D.ca for his or her own purposes to piggy back Unity3D for profit (not really surprised)

Mr Dude = totally awesome and genius, builds great kits and products and has outstanding customer service
    Best regards

40. zumwalt

zumwalt

Wow, seriously Ullukai, if this is not blatant theft, I don't know what this is...
    In AMERICA we call this theft so I am not sure how CANADA see this.. but only UNITY3D legal can advise you of that
    You have the utter nerve to call others scammers?
    What on earth do you call taking another company name and claiming it for your own and pretending you are Unity 3d?

Here is the main page at http://unity3d.ca

Seriously take a step back, look in the mirror and get creative, stop stealing other peoples work, their names, their entitlements, their everything, this is totally illegal!

$Capture.JPG

41. MrDude

MrDude

This is the kind of thing you could have discussed with me via email in the first place. It's called "common decency". When your momma gets home, ask her to explain "decency" to you also... This is what ANY decent person with just the smallest bit of integrity would have done. That's in-te-gri-ty. Big word, I know. I doubt your mother will be able to explain that big word to you...

But okay, if you want to make this a public debate, I am prepared to state my case and see if anyone here is willing to side with you.

You contacted me and said:
    So I replied to your mail telling you how you can make the FPS kit play nice with the UDE Lite and then added that I am sending you a c# version of the UDE as a free bonus. You didn't ask me for a C# version, I just offered it:
    So here I GAVE you a C# version without you asking me for one and I told you it is not compatible with the old one as it has changes in it!

Your reply to me was
    Yeah, clearly the attitude of someone who feels he is being scammed, right?

Then you said:
    ...so at this point you still appreciate being scammed by me...

I then gave you c# replacements for the display files so you can delete the JS ones and not have to manually convert them yourself. For a scammer I sure do give you lots of support and stuff you don't ask for, I must say...

I then sent you another email in which I said
    along with some sample code for the UDE Lite, customized to what you told me about you spawning some kind of a stop prefab to stop the character from moving.
    Code (csharp):
    1. class myDisplayFile  extends _crDialogue {
    3.     var StopSignModel : Transform;
    5.     public var _model : Transform;
    7.     function OnGUI() {
    8.         if (PlayMode == ePlaymode.Playing)
    9.             return;
    11.         if (currentIsChoice())
    12.         {
    13.         } else {
    14.             GUI.Label( Rect(0,0,500,100), formattedText);
    15.         }
    16.     }
    18.     override function OnDialogueStarted() {
    19.         if (StopSignModel)
    20.             _model = Instantiate(StopSignModel);
    21.     }
    23.     override function OnDialogueEnded() {
    24.         if (_model)
    25.             Destroy(_model);
    26.     }
    28. }
    ...and I ended the mail with
    At this point you STILL have not asked me for the C# version of the UDE.

I waited for you for an hour to see if you have any more questions but heard nothing more from you, A few hours later I went to bed, got up and found this in my in-box:
    ...which makes perfect sense... I told you to delete the JS version of the UDE but you only deleted one file and now the system is telling you that other files are trying to use it. If you had used Unity for more than a day or if you had any kind of programming experience at all you would have noticed:
    "Oh, look. This file is trying to use the file I just deleted"

... I told you to delete the old , Js version if you use the C# version but instead you were so super smart that you only deleted one file and then blame me for the kit no longer working.... after you deleted half of it...

If you simply deleted the entire Assets/Plugins/UDE folder like I told you to and replaced the JS display files with the CS versions I sent you, there would have been no errors left and you would have the most up to date version of the UDE there is. A version that is not publicly available... you would be one of only 4 people to have this latest version...

But instead, you seem to not understand English, have no clue how Unity works and cannot code at all... No wonder you are asking people to donate money to pay for your website. Heck, you can host a website for $1.99 but you need to ask for donations for $2 per month to keep your website up and running? Considering you are trying to teach other people how to use Unity, no wonder you need to beg for $2 per month.

Anyways, at this point, after offering to help you get the c# version up and running in your project, you want a refund. Fine. I am prepared to give you the refund... and then the mail continues...
    I will give anyone who can verify that statement a free copy of every product I own!!!
    I call it the "classic version", I have an entire sub-domain (http://cmlevolution.mybadstudios.com) dedicated to the differences between the two and you say I tell the world it is the same thing!? Oh good God... I have no words to describe that total lunacy...

There are two separate products with two separate names on the products page and when you click on one product you see one demo and when you click on the other product you see another demo and the two products don't have the same content...

Okay... I agree with you there... And?
    Sure, you can have a refund. I don't have any problems with that...

...then I come to this page and I read you already started calling me a scammer before you even sent me the first email. I noticed in the post that it spoke of a bad review and had a look only to find you have already left me a bad review and called me a scammer there also.

So now I leave it up to the rest of the people on this forum to decide wether the fact that I gave him a copy of the latest version of the C# version of the UDE without him asking for it and me spending that much time on emails, me offering to personally help him get the kit working in his project... does that mean I deserve this public name smearing he has put me through?

It is also worth noting that I DID give him the FULL c# source code later on after figuring it out myself that THAT is what he wanted... (remember, at this point he STILL didn't tell me that he wanted the C# version ! )
    and it is also worth noting that he started smearing my name BEFORE he even sent me his first email...

Who here wants to have this guy as a customer? Is there anyone in this entire forum who would want to do any business with this person? If you are prepared to do business with this person, please, please post that in this thread. I would LOVE to know who in their right minds would want to do business with a person who does this...

Is there one person here who would want him business after reading all the above?

42. Ullukai

Ullukai

Idunno who you are dude but you are screwed up. Read the about page on my site and stop calling me a theif. Did you not read the rest of this thread b4 you posted ? NO. You stuck your foot in your mouth.Think b4 you post ! I don't scam people or steal from people. So what I got refunded a couple times from people on these forums. Who hasn't ? STOP YOUR SLANDER about me you stupid fool.

YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW SAYING LIES ABOUT ME

FIX YOUR ACT YOU FOOL

43. MrDude

MrDude

Now THAT is classic!
    HE is spouting "YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW SAYING LIES ABOUT ME"

Now THAT is precious!!!!! :D

Ha ha!

...I can't wait to hear what he has to say if he ever realizes he is speaking to a lawyer! :D
    Telling the lawer about the law and telling the lawyer to get his act together.... I can't WAIT for him to try sueing the "FOOL" :D HA ha ha! I can't wait for that!

Hmmm...

44. Ullukai

Ullukai

so I got refunded. so what . You think I keep all those kits that didn' t work for me ? give me a break. They are all gone in the garbage where they belong. and for the record I do not make a penny from owning Unity3d.ca

YOU ARE LIEING AND BREAKING THE LAW WITH YOUR SLANDER. YOU ARE A PUBLIC DISGRACE NOW.

45. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.