Search Unity

Advanced Top-Down 3D MMORPG - Lonath Online

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by kPodi, Jul 3, 2013.

1. kPodi

kPodi

Lonath Online is a Diablo-style MMORPG made with Unity3D.

Game Name: Lonath Online
    Game WebSite: http://lonathgame.com
    Game Creator: 4NetGames
    Additional info: Made with Unity3D using RatSpell v3.

Story:
    Long ago, an evil magician created a powerful weapon. His goal was to rule the world. However, he was defeated by another magician. This magician broke the weapon into relics and scattered them around Time. He created an ancient organization to protect these relics, and two Artifacts for anyone to travel back in time, if the world is in crisis again. The Guardians of Time are the protectors of these relics. Then, thousands of years later into the future, Nrutas, an orphan, realizes his power. So he finds, and uses one of these artifacts to travel back to the first relic location. The Medieval Era. Within the Kingdom of Atheos. However, the second Artifact, is left to you... /Story written by EverHeartGames

Game Features:
    - PvP (Player vs. Player)
    - Housing
    - Inventory System
    - Trade System
    - Treasure Maps
    - Polymorph Scroll
    - Animal Taming and many more...

Gameplay Video:

Screenshots:
    View attachment 58935

View attachment 58937

View attachment 58938

View attachment 58939

Contact us: 4netgamesofficial@gmail.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LonathOnline
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LonathOnline
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/4NetGames

FAQ:

Q: How many people are working in this game?
    A: This game is being developed by one man.

Q: What networking system is being used?
    A: This is made in RakNet, but I'm not using default RakNet functions. I'm talking about the newest system "OneHero". I call it OneHero because you can play with one hero on different servers. So, if a server is full, the player will be able to join another server with the same hero.

Q: Release date?
    A: Not decided yet! Most likely when we get a sponsor.

Q: What platforms does Lonath Online support?
    A: At the moment only Standalone, but in the future we plan to support WebPlayer too.

Q: What is the price of the game?
    A: Lonath Online will be free-to-play.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. EverHeartGames

EverHeartGames

Storyline? Anything awesome that would grab a player's attention?

More details, perhaps? :p

Looks good, though. Following.

3. kPodi

kPodi

Thank you very much for your feedback!
    About the Storyline: We are still writing the story, will be added soon.
    Anything awesome that would grab a player's attention: There are many awesome features to grab a player's attention, but I didn't include all the features, I'll add them soon.
    More details: Coming soon!
    Thank you for following!

4. EverHeartGames

EverHeartGames

Awesome. I specialize in writing; more specifically, storyline, character development, dialogue, and all that good stuff. If you need any help regarding to the story side of things, I'll be sure to help. :p

Best of luck.

5. kPodi

kPodi

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help, I will contact you soon via PM to give you some short info so maybe you can write a storyline :)

Best Regards,
    Korab.

6. Meltdown

Meltdown

Nice work, what are you using for your multiplayer networking layer?

7. kPodi

kPodi

Thank you very much Meltdown! This is made in RakNet, but I'm not using default RakNet functions. I'm talking about the newest system "OneHero". I call it OneHero because you can play with one hero on different servers. So, if a server is full, the player will be able to join another server with the same hero. I hope I got the question!

8. Ch123ad

Ch123ad

I love the game! But I specially love that you're letting users have their own "Home"/"Space" because not many MMO's have them and it kind of add a sense of community/unity to the game(Sorry I don't know how to explain it). I also like how you can take your character to a different server and not loose all your characters progress! I will really love to see this game when it's complete!

9. kPodi

kPodi

Hey Ch123ad thank you very much for your kind words. The "Home" of players is 100% done and working. Maybe the game will be released at the end of this summer, but we are not sure about this. Thank you again!
    Some features for the House system:
    View attachment 58990

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  10. kPodi

kPodi

11. Syrsly

Syrsly

I like the graphics. The point-and-click controls are kind of dull, though. I prefer the modern wasd movement style. ;) For the top-down view, though, it seems like a decent layout. Like others have said, the initial screenshots do not grab my attention. I love the player-owned house thing. Nice work there. Overall, I think this will be a fun game. Is it going to be free-to-play? Will there be any money-making scheme? Perhaps an in-game real-life money store? Just curious. :)

12. kPodi

kPodi

Thank you very much for your feedback. Well for my opinion point-and-click is much more fun. Yes, the top-down view is popular and players love it! Since I'm getting many critics about the screenshots I will change them as soon as I can. House will make the game more fun for the players. Thank you for all the kind words and critics. Yes the game is going to be free-to-play. Well, there will be two kind of coins on the game, one of them will be earned in-game (killing monsters, selling items, etc) and the other one can be bought with real money. Thank you again! :)

13. CVgames

CVgames

Looks fun

14. kPodi

kPodi

Thank you very much for your feedback!

15. DaneC020

DaneC020

Looking good but I had a few questions since I am a fan of this genre.

- Is some of the art from UO? The house walls look very similar to the UO walls, maybe change the texture a little to avoid any haters/confusion.
    - Can you build custom homes like UO or are the structures prebuilt with decoration options.
    - Did you buy the project from the original developer or are you two working together?

Definitely looking forward to see the progress on this game. It is a great start, good luck.
    Dane

16. kPodi

kPodi

Hey Dane, thank you very much for your feedback and for your kind words.

1) I never played UO, I only played RuneScape for like 3 years. Anyway, the art is not from UO, but maybe it is similar to it. Yes I will, at last this is not the final version of the game, any change is expected.
    2) At the moment the homes are prebuilt, but in the near future we will make custom homes available.
    3) I am a partner of "bisaniyehocam".

Thank you very much Dane. I hope my answers are clear, feel free to ask any other questions.

17. kPodi

kPodi

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  18. kPodi

kPodi

UPDATE: Added a storyline.

19. Sir_hunts_alot

Sir_hunts_alot

This looks sick.

20. Liviu-Globa

Liviu-Globa

Cool, i like it, keep up the great work.

21. kPodi

kPodi

@Sir_hunts_alot: Thank you!
    @Liviu Globa: Thank you very much, maybe the Alpha Release will be somewhere at the end of August 2013.

22. WhendricSo

WhendricSo

Looks really great!

I would be interested in how this project turns out. The first time I looked into Ratspell, I tried it for a while but I was not impressed. That was almost two years ago however, so I suppose it has most likely been improved.

I like the menu and hotbar graphics, they look nice. Although clearly some of the other graphics aren't finished, I'm sure you can make it look very nice. Remember not to underestimate Unity's lighting engine. I have found it is possible to make a game look nice with good lighting usage, even if the textures are not the best.

There is one concern I have about the project, and that is the unreliable nature of RakNet. If players are disconnected, or your servers become overloaded, it might cause some people to become frustrated (in a bad way) and leave the game. Have you considered porting to Photon? I have found it to be much more reliable and often faster.

Well I support your effort and this game looks like it has a lot of potential to be a fun hardcore MMORPG. I look forward to playing it :)

23. kPodi

kPodi

@impossible: Thank you very much for your feedback and for your kind words.

Well, RatSpell has been improved alot, the last version on the asset store is 1.3c, but I am using RatSpell v3 since I am a partner with "bisaniyehocam".

Thank you! And yes some of the graphics aren't finished yet, this game is still WIP, so any change is expected. Thanks for the suggestion about the lighting system, well... most of the time we were focused on making a better Gameplay for the players, and I guess now we have more time to focus on graphics and other things such is lighting system.

Well, as I said before, this is made in RakNet, but I'm not using default RakNet functions. I'm talking about the newest system "OneHero". I call it OneHero because you can play with one hero on different servers. So, if a server is full, the player will be able to join another server with the same hero. But, we can think about Photon too, I've seen many positive reviews for Photon.

Thank you very much for supporting, we are working hard to improve it even more! We hope that we can release the Alpha version of Lonath Online at the end of August 2013.

Thank you again,
    Korab.

24. kPodi

kPodi

25. DijarBacaj

DijarBacaj

It's a pretty cool game.I like it cause it got an awesome graphic.
    I also like The ideas : Own House and Player can use Melee and Mage.
    It looks like it will be an Awesome Game,i cant wait to play it :D.And the Storyline Awesome :D.

26. kPodi

kPodi

Thank you very much Dijar!
    Comments like this really inspires me to work harder!
    I am working very hard on graphics and maps right now, adding new monsters, weapons, armours, and more!
    We will launch the Alpha stage at the end of August, hopefully!
    Thank you again!

27. kPodi

kPodi

New Update #1 Video:

Also added a FAQ.

28. danielcartisano

danielcartisano

Game looks fantastic!! Well done so far!

I've sent you an email. :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  29. kPodi

kPodi

Hey Daniel!

Thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

P.S I replied to your email.

30. Insade

Insade

Hello kPodi, I love this kind of games and I'm very interested in your project. It's really great. I wait the release.
    The player's home system looks great.
    Good job !

PS : I'm french and a 15 years old begginer in Unity. You can find me on youtube as Molmeme. :)

31. kPodi

kPodi

Hello Insade, thank you very much for your feedback. Also thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it!

I checked out your channel on YouTube and your work as a beginner is great! I wish you good luck in the future!

32. Insade

Insade

Thank you !
    Continue your great work.

33. kPodi

kPodi

It's been a few weeks from the last update, this time we are releasing the Open Alpha stage, free-to-play for everyone. Release date: 19 August 2013.
    More info at: http://lonathonline.com

34. DaneC020

DaneC020

When do you think it will be ready for download? I will jump on and give it a shot, always liked taking a look at these type of projects. (If it is up right now, the download link on the website is not working for me.)

-Dane

35. kPodi

kPodi

Hello Dane,

The reason why we didn't publish the Alpha Version today is because the Accounts are not being saved, so after training levels, all your account's data will be lost. This issue will be fixed today and we will publish the game tomorrow. We are really sorry for any maintenance.

- Korab.

36. kPodi

kPodi

Hello everyone! We fixed some bugs, and now we released the Open Alpha stage.
    The game is free-to-play and you can download it at our main site:
    http://lonathgame.com

37. jessee03

jessee03

That dark foggy area in the preview looks really awesome

38. DaneC020

DaneC020

So.. Anyone else able to do anything with the Alpha build? I am trying the PC version and the only thing I can do is give the "Hero" a name but no options to continue after that point. I tried logging in using new credentials but it says login attempt failed but I don't see anywhere to register an account. I would provide you some feedback if I could actually make it into the game. ;)

-Dane

39. chelnok

chelnok

Awesome. Hard to say more ..downloading

40. kPodi

kPodi

@jessee03: Thank you very much!
    @DaneC020: That might be because you may have used a space on the Hero name and it is not allowed. The game is offline at the moment for maintenance, but when it gets back online, try using a name without spaces and just click on the next button. Anyway, thank you very much for trying the game out!
    @chelnok: Thank you very much! The game is offline for maintenance at the moment, but it will be back online in 48 hours.

41. Insade

Insade

I'm downloading it :D

EDIT : It say "An Error Occurred". Is the server down ?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  42. chelnok

chelnok

same here.. still getting this error.

43. Foestar

Foestar

Looks great! I miss these kinds of games. :D

44. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

@kPodi, your website is off-line. How is your game going along? Did you ever manage to fix the saving issue ;) ?

@Meltdown, the game uses Unity networking in other words. The hyped-up RAKNET is simply Unity Networking. It simply means if too many people login to the terrains, the game crashes, which is what they are experiencing.

This MMO load/save to a flat-file. It corrupts very easily and thus, it is comical that they launch a Free-To-Play MMO which has no save state. What are they going to sell to players if players lose all their data ;) ?

BTW, did you see these threads?
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/174227-Lonath-Online-finished-MMORPG-game-for-sale
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/196724-Game-crashers!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  45. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

Hi kPodi,

You should stop your fake re-selling of your MMO project, and buyer beware: This is not a real MMO project. The buyer brought a fake MMO project and now tries to re-spin it to another unsuspecting seller. The project contains useless codes, deceit and they were not able to make any money from that stupid fake MMO project, which is good: the game just crashes and crashes.

This is a fake MMO project and you are attempting to re-sell Unity assets brought from the Asset Store. There is no value because it is not an authoritative server setup and you will suffer the same fate as that buyer: Unable to make an MMO, his servers crashed, sold for more than $20,000 and claims to have no money. LOL.

Unity moderators should ban this person and the Ratspell vendor who is doing this nonsense.

I replied to your thread:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/196724-Game-crashers!

Also see their Facebook page which their MMO keeps crashing and losing data:
    View attachment 72849

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  46. kPodi

kPodi

@eskimojoe

I don't know what your problem is!

We fixed all bugs and errors. The game is a MMO and it doesn't crash if 250 people login as you said, because we added the feature that when a server is full you can join another server with the same player (hero).

If you have any question please feel free to ask!