Led by Brian Fargo, inXile is a premier independent game developer specializing in single player role-playing games. We have embraced crowdfunding for game development: We are the first video game company to have crowdfunded two projects > $1M, our two current projects, Torment: Tides of Numenera and Wasteland 2, are the 1st and 4th most funded video games on Kickstarter.
With our development funded by the fans, we are in an unusual position for a small developer – our destiny is in our own hands. The fans have placed their trust in us and now all we have to do is deliver. We make games on our terms, beholden only to our players and our own high standards for gameplay quality.
Our elite team of under 30 developers is looking for passionate team members who want to be part of the crowdfunding revolution and RPG renaissance. Will you join us?
We seek a seasoned programmer to contribute to Torment: Tides of Numenera. You will be prototyping and implementing game systems using the Unity game engine. This is an on-site position at our office in Newport Beach, CA. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject "Torment: Senior Programmer." (No recruiters, please.)
- 5+ years software development for Windows, Mac OS, and/or Linux platforms, preferably in the video game industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of C#
- Experience in gameplay programming or scripting
- Experience with 3D graphics and renderers
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Passion for role-playing games
- Passion for independent game development
- 1+ years experience using Unity to make games
- Fan of Wasteland, Fallout 1/2, Planescape: Torment, Bard's Tale (any)
- Programming skills in any of the following areas: AI, tools, user interface, web development
inXile entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.