Search Unity

Some issues with the submission process

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by scone, Jun 26, 2013.

1. scone

scone

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is more appropriate as a bug report, but it's not "broken" so much as "sketchy." I just went through the submission process and noticed the following issues:

• Got various Unity errors throughout the experience (Can report if these are uncommon, but I would assume no)
    • I'd love it if the enter button worked to submit the login form (both in asset store and the tools dialog)
    • I was able to create a package after saving a Publisher Account, without having created one successfully. Only when adding an image to my package did I find that I had messed up the image sizes
    • Error on adding package images is actually a problem with Publisher Account, but dialog doesn't say so
    • Big image size for publisher account is listed as 860*389 but then it asks me for 1010*389. But, in reality, the store crops the image... what gives?
    • In fact, all the images seem to have some bleed
    • Error message in Publisher Account screen (and package manager) is easy to miss
    • Not possible to save a draft of your publisher account or package
    • Publisher account window told me the name was taken only after everything was setup perfectly (would have been nice to know at the outset)
    • Description limit error calls it "description name"
    • Can't select all or select whole folder when adding assets
    • Have to click an image twice (or more) to add get rid of an image in package view.
    • Preview doesn't preview if you're already looking at a preview
    • Screenshot order is out of our control?
    • Unity version compatibility is automatically set to the current version? Or is this just in the preview?
    • Somehow I get switched into Web Platform on submit?

This all is as of version 3.2.7

Updating an existing package is a bit confusing. Either I'm doing something wrong or there's no feedback for success. I'm just trying to update the images without changing the description or content, but don't have the content set. Do I need this to update images?

Please don't think me ungrateful. It's actually a pretty slick process, but I think these rough edges could be rounded. Thanks for the good work so far! :)

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Yes, you are uploading Unitypackages; there's no technical way to have a "version compatibility selector" like some people ask for. (Unless they completely redid the submission process to just submit raw assets and build Unitypackages on the server, which would no doubt be a huge amount of work.)

--Eric

3. lod3

lod3

Would love to know this as well. Did my first submission attempt about a week ago, and the thumbnail screenshots showing up randomly in the preview really threw me off, as I had made a specific set of images that were intended to be viewed sequentially.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I noticed that the last time I submitted something, but the screenshots in the actual store are showing in the order that I intended.

--Eric

5. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

I got 2 rejections today.

The reason: in first case I was asked to remove my screenshots from submission. In second case I asked to remove also key images. It looks like someone wants it will not be pictures at all. :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  6. napster

napster

Is this problem with latest Asset store tools ?

7. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

I don't think so, but please, don't shot me for it. ;)

8. lod3

lod3

Is it common not to get a confirmation after submitting sometimes?

9. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

From my experience in last time I have about 85-90% conformation after first time submission.

10. msgamedev

msgamedev

- Screenshot order is out of our control?

Name your screenshots alphanumerical, e.g. a1, a2, a3, ... a9 then b1, b2, b3, etc. Then they will always be sorted in this order.

But: in the preview during the submission process they will always be screwed up - never mind that. If the submission is done the pics will show up in the correct order.

11. scone

scone

Yeah I figured that out through trial and error.