Search Unity

Chargeback... when will it stop?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CatOnTheRoof, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatOnTheRoof

CatOnTheRoof

Hello,

I've seen my sales being hit all through May and now June too. I did received the Unity management email about the stolen/fake credit card making massive purchases on the store. But I want to know when will Unity stop making these chargebacks... Not a pretty thing to see your sales go negative all the time :(

Thanks,
    N.

2. napster

napster

I too disappointed with no. of chargebacks in April and May, but as of now no chargebacks in June month and i hop there will be no more refunds :)

3. 3duniversalimage

3duniversalimage

i am totally disappointed upon the chargeback in unity Assets store

4. DutchWarfare12

DutchWarfare12

i am going to contact unity! in the law or the terms and aggreements it sayes nothing that the publisher needs to pay back for a stolen creditcard. they charged me today of 3 packs that had be sold over 3 months ago! this is a job for the enshurance of the guy who the creditcard is from and not of the publishers. this sounds more like a scam from unity!

5. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Can I ask how you know that the chargebacks are for sales 3 months prior? Does Unity send out an email with the info? I have had chargebacks but not received any info from Unity, surely they should send out an email with the details such as the invoice number so that can be removed from any customer support lists. After all it is our property that is being stolen.

6. Dantus

Dantus

@SpookyCat, I agree that they should provide more information like that.

7. DutchWarfare12

DutchWarfare12

the product that was charged back of me hesent been sold for 3 months so yea...

8. nbg_yalta

nbg_yalta

It's just unbelievable, how the heck a man, who already bought the product, can take his money back. Does this mean that he just received the product for free? Can somebody explain me this strange system, because its a complete disappointment!

9. UnLogick

UnLogick

Man, talk about necro post! Leave old threads be man. The situation is no where near what it was back then.

It most likely means someone bought your asset with a stolen credit card or something similar. I've seen two charge backs on my packs since January, so I wouldn't call this a serious problem.

10. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah i wonder how prolific it is, i guess you would get more chargebacks if you sold more items. Seems to be fairly low in my case as well, but i am not selling hundreds of units per month

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.