Search Unity

Animation Pausing

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by shawnpigott, May 9, 2006.

1. shawnpigott

shawnpigott

Is there any way to pause and restart an animation?

hopetolive likes this.
  2. shawnpigott

shawnpigott

I'll be a little more specific. I have a character that moves on an 8 second loop (a hockey defender). One player controls the 'shooter' and I would like the other character to be able to stop the defenders on their path and then restart them. I understand that I could probably use the waypoint method to come up with something similar to a pause and I will look into that if it is not possible to pause an animation and then continue it from where it was paused.

3. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

With the current animation system you can't pause an animation and continue where it is playing.

The animation system will soon be replaced with a bigger, better, nicer and faster system.

4. shawnpigott

shawnpigott

Thanks for the answer.

5. nm8shun

nm8shun

Is this still true? Is there no way to Pause an animation? I've figured out how to stop it. But if you start it again, it rewinds.

6. AaronC

AaronC

Perhaps changing the timescale could help you here? What method did you want to pause/restart it and what needs to happen in the meantime?
    AC

7. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

This topic is more than a year old. A new character animation system has been added since then.

You can set the speed of the animation to any value. Setting it to 0 pauses the animation.

8. nm8shun

nm8shun

I figured that was probably the case. It's just that if you type "animation pause" or anything like that in the documentation, it doesn't point you towards the speed section.

Thanks for steering me in that direction. Did just the trick.

9. Warp boy2

Warp boy2

whats the code to change the speed of the animation?

i made one of my character runing but its too slow.. i placed the keyframes waaay far from eachother.. so i can fix this by speeding the animation

10. slw825

slw825

Damn, your answer really helps me Lol !!!! Thanks a lot