Search Unity

Coherent UI Mobile - HTML5 UI in-game browsers for iOS and Android

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stoyannk, Jun 13, 2013.

1. stoyannk

stoyannk

Coherent UI has arrived to mobile devices!

Available now on the Asset store!

Coherent UI Mobile is the iOS/Android version of Coherent UI - the most powerful and fast UI solution available for Unity3D.

Coherent UI Mobile is:
    • Bundled for free in all current Coherent UI products
    • Available standalone for 100$ (30% discount during beta)
    • Available for iOS and Android (currently iOS only in the first beta)
    • Compatible with the PC versions of Coherent UI
    Features include:
    • HTML5 CSS3 support
    • GPU acceleration
    • In-game browser
    • Compatibility with Coherent UI for PC
    • Powerful simple data binding between the UI Unity

Coherent UI is a graphical User Interface system specially designed for games. Game developers and UI artists can use standard modern HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript to create game interface and interaction. Companies can save time and money, leveraging existing skills to implement the UI, as there is no special knowledge needed to use the system.
    You can also embed a full in-game browser.

The interfaces between Coherent UI and Coherent UI Mobile are completely compatible so you can create your UI once and deploy it on all platforms we support. The same extremely powerful yet simple binding is used on all platforms.

On June 17 we are starting the open beta initially supporting only iOS. It is going to be a free update for everyone who is using Coherent UI for Unity3D. Coherent UI Mobile will be bundled in both the Basic and Standard versions of Coherent UI at no additional cost and will be fully featured everywhere.

Developers who want to make games only for mobile will be able to get Coherent UI Mobile as a stand alone product for just 100$. We offer them a 30% discount if they decide to pre-order (that is until the beta period is going on). Even in the standalone version they will still be able to preview their work in the editor via a special version of Coherent UI for PC.

Android is the next platform we are going to cover and it’s going to be included in the official release of Coherent UI Mobile. If you want to learn more about our new product, check out our blog post about it.

The Beta Mobile version has arrived on the Asset store!

Coherent UI Mobile is also bundled at no additional cost in all other Coherent UI products.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. stoyannk

stoyannk

3. kaz2057

kaz2057

4. DimitarT

DimitarT

The beta Android support is expected in the beginning of the next week.
    Note that the Asset store release may be delayed as it should be approved in order to become available.

5. AnchoV

AnchoV

Coherent UI Mobile Beta for Unity3D now features Android support !

We are very pleased to announce that CoherentUI Mobile Beta is now supporting both iOS and Android mobile platforms. All of our clients, using Basic or Standard version of Coherent UI for Unity3D will get mobile support as a free update! :)

$ipad_half.png $ams.jpeg

Coherent UI Mobile features:
    - In-game browser
    - Easy exposure of game objects to the UI
    - Hardware-accelerated CSS3, canvas and WebGL
    - Fully functional preview on Windows and Mac OS X
    - iOS and Android support.

Coherent UI Mobile Beta is available on Unity Asset Store. Try us now and get 30% discount!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  6. timhays

timhays

After purchasing, downloading (release candidate version on: 10-8-13) creating an Android build of the example scene, the APK file is 192Megabytes! Is this expected/normal?
    Is the iOS build this large as well?
    Will you have the ability in the future of supporting Android Gingerbread API Level 9 10? (there are still many devices that use Gingerbread)

The "MobileInput" example scene gives me the following warnings and does not bring up the html gui in the Unity Editor when clicking Play:
    "[Coherent UI] (Warning) PID: 5144 | 1028 21:32:57.515625 [5144:1028:ERROR:gpu_info_collector_win.cc(102)] Can't retrieve a valid WinSAT assessment."
    "[Coherent UI] (Warning) PID: 5144 | 1028 21:33:02.328125 Requesting resource read for coui://uiresources/MobileInput/mobiledemo.html with internal id 1 reported FAIL"

I made sure to set my build to Android 3.0 and above (API level 11) as per your instructions, however:

On my Motorola Xoom tablet, "Webpage not available" when I run your "mobiledemo" build. I made sure that I followed your instructions for pointing to the coui folder, but do we need to move the coui folder to be located in a "resources" folder?

I followed your instructions (with a new empty scene) to simply add "CoherentUIView.cs" to the main camera and the Page points to google.com and it will run in the Unity Editor (but it is backwards and upside-down and the option to flip is gone and it is not accepting click inputs) but the biggest problem is that when I create an Android build, I also get "Webpage not available" when I run the build on my Xoom tablet.
    Note: Upon Play in the Unity Editor, I still get the warning: "Can't retrieve a valid WinSAT assessment." even though google.com is visible (reversed inverted).

Unity 4.2.1f4 on WindowsXP x64 with DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) as per your PDF instructions
    Android Motorola Xoom tablet with Android version 4.0.3 Kernel 2.6.39.4 Build IML77

7. DimitarT

DimitarT

Hi,

It is not normal for the Android apk to be that large. I suspect that our packing procedure has failed to repack the apk. This procedure is
    responsible to remove the CoherentUI_Host files which are used only on desktop platforms as well as pack the uiresources folder inside
    the apk so that it can be loaded on the device.Can you send us the Unity3D editor log from building the sample?

You can replace the apktool that we are bundling with Coherent UI with the one from your SDK - that way whe apktool should succeed repacking
    the apk. Our apktool is in Assets\CoherentUI\Editor\apktool1.5.2 (please replace the files inside the apktool.1.5.2 directory).

The reverse preview in the editor is fixed in 1.5.3.0, which will be available soon on the Asset Store.

8. Holon777

Holon777

I'm also seeing the exact same issue, 202 mb apk and coui calls are failing in the same way on android, works great on iOS.

I did have the standard trial then purchased mobile version from asset store, had to delete standard trial before asset store let me install.

9. Croustibat

Croustibat

Hi,
    I have some troubles using Coherent UI for android, using any of the sample scenes:
    When tested either on a real android device (android 3.1) or on an emulated one (4.2), in place of the hud or other local html, a message displaying "web page not available" appears. The thing is that the scene works fine on the editor player, or deployed for windows. What am i doing wrong?
    I forgot to say that I first had the same issue as timhays, but now the packaging is working smoothly.

EDIT:
    I finally managed to run the "mobileinput" demo on an android device. I just exported the scene as a google android project, then I imported it using the eclipse ide provided with the adk.
    It works fine with android 4.2-4.3, but in 4.0.3, I see the html completely opaque, is it a known issue?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  10. fanjules

fanjules

Did you get to the bottom of the opaque html page issue Croustibat, with Android 4.0.3?

11. Croustibat

Croustibat

Fanjules,
    Sorry I didn't post any news about that problem.
    I wrote to Coherent labs support, they answered very quickly.
    They gave me a new CoherentAndroid.jar file which was supposed to force the software rendering on android devices. That solution made my day, even if it bypasses hardware rendering.
    This new jar file may be present as an option in future versions of coherent UI, they said.
    FYI, the android device I used was the galaxy tab 8.9 up to date with android 4.0.4
    I just needed to make a POC with mobile devices, so it's been a while since I dropped that dev, I'm afraid I cannot give you more detailed information.
    I am probably allowed to share the jar file, but I will ask coherent lab support before doing any mistake ;)
    see you

12. fanjules

fanjules

Many thanks for the detailed reply Croustibat , don't worry about the JAR as I'm not desparate for a solution - just noticed one of my test devices renders opaque. Good to see Coherent are aware of the situation and hopefully not an issue in future updates.

13. mlenton

mlenton

Hey Croustibat,
    We are having the same issue with the same device and Android version. Is it possible you could send the JAR so we could test?
    Which version of Coherent are/were you using on that project?