Search Unity

After Unity3D Update 4.1.4f1 I can't build android game

Discussion in 'Android' started by kenshin, Jun 6, 2013.

1. kenshin

kenshin

Hi,

I have upgraded Unity3D to version 4.1.4f1 and after this I can't build android apk.

Android SDK Installed version: installer_r22.0.1

I have 2 errors after compile break:
    1) Failed to re-package resources with the following parameters:
    package -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "C:/Program Files (x86)/Android/android-sdk/platforms/android-16\android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PostProcessAndroidPlayer:postProcessInternal(BuildTarget, String, String, String, String, String, String, BuildOptions) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostProcessAndroidPlayer.cs:334)
    PostProcessAndroidPlayer:postProcess(BuildTarget, String, String, String, String, String, String, BuildOptions) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostProcessAndroidPlayer.cs:151)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

2) Error building Player: UnityException: Resource re-package failed!
    Failed to re-package resources. See the Console for details.

I have sended also a bug report.

Any idea?

Kenshin

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  2. kenshin

kenshin

Looking into the error messages I saw a slash-path-problem in the first one:

package -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "C:/Program Files (x86)/Android/android-sdk/platforms/android-16\android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_

Before "android.jar" is used a backslash instead of slash... is this the problem?

3. kenshin

kenshin

Does anybody is experiencing this issue?

4. kenshin

kenshin

I have installed all newly:
    - Unity3D (last version... 4.1.5),
    - jdk1.7.0_21 x86
    - installer_r12-windows.exe

But I have always the same error! (see post above).

I had opened immediatly a bug case: Case 546173

Before to this sad Unity 4.1.4 I was able to build android apk without any problem... please unity3d team help me!!!

5. Amon

Amon

There is a bug with Unity and the latest version of the android-sdk, which it appears has not been fixed. Search the android forum and there are peeps who have the same problem. The solution is to go back to a previous version of the android-sdk.

6. kchecker

kchecker

Amon,

Could you please be specific with the versions with which this started breaking?

Is there any other solution other than removing Unity and Android and reinstalling an older version?