Unity Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

1. Location
    Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Metron View Post
    Relevance of this thread: None...
    It was relevant to me. @OP - Thanks for posting.

Gigi
    What Went Well - a Meditation on Gratitude and Happiness
    Good Sex, Great Marriage - Still The #1 Marriage App on iOS *** Also on Android!
    The Gratitude Habit - 1000 5-star reviews

The Secret of Success? Try; Improve; Repeat- 'till too good to ignore.

2. Location
    Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by hippocoder View Post
    Steady on, thats a seriously grumpy case of Hippo-itis that only old farts get. The remedy is usually a beer or a steak or something.
    Mmm.... thin-cut ribeye, with mushrooms & onions, sauteed in butter... BRB food.
    Gigi
    What Went Well - a Meditation on Gratitude and Happiness
    Good Sex, Great Marriage - Still The #1 Marriage App on iOS *** Also on Android!
    The Gratitude Habit - 1000 5-star reviews

The Secret of Success? Try; Improve; Repeat- 'till too good to ignore.

3. Location
    Solothurn, Switzerland
    Why not buy unity.com from unity microelectronics?

4. Location
    Rome / Niš
    Quote Originally Posted by Micha.Stettler View Post
    Why not buy unity.com from unity microelectronics?
    Mhmm that website exists since 1995: I don't think they'll be willing to sell it :P

::::: GOSCURRY - a hard game :::::

I am DEMIGIANT
    HOTween : a fast, type-safe, and powerful Unity tween engine
    HOTools - HOUnityLibs

5. Posts
    Unity might be the first page that pops up cause it's the most common thing I search on this computer, but there are a number of times when a general Unity search gives Cisco Unity links or Ubuntu, or religious institutions.

When talking to people in person I usually have to say "Unity game engine" as many people who aren't developers have never heard of it.

6. Location
    Omaha, NE
    Quote Originally Posted by lee2 View Post
    Unity might be the first page that pops up cause it's the most common thing I search on this computer, but there are a number of times when a general Unity search gives Cisco Unity links or Ubuntu, or religious institutions.

When talking to people in person I usually have to say "Unity game engine" as many people who aren't developers have never heard of it.
    Not only that, it only amplifies when you're looking for C# and Unity programming examples. If you're searching for specific topics then it's not bad, but if you're getting started and want to see what people are doing with it, or creative things people have done, then it gets more difficult. For example:

"unity c#" - This will get you the proper results, but they will also be mixed with a lot of results about the dependency injection framework Unity so there is more to wade through.

"unity3d c#" - This will get you pretty much 100% relevant results and the inclusion of the "3d" will also get you a ton of results on official resources since the domain is unity3d.com

7. Volunteer Moderator
    Why would you search for "unity c#", though? That's way too broad even if all the results were about the Unity engine.

--Eric
    SpriteTile: new tile system that works seamlessly with Unity 4.3 sprites
    FlyingText3D: dynamic 3D text with TTF fonts | Vectrosity: fast & easy line drawing
    Nifty utilities! Stitch terrains together - runtime model importing - file browser - fractal landscapes

8. Location
    Omaha, NE
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5h5 View Post
    Why would you search for "unity c#", though? That's way too broad even if all the results were about the Unity engine.

--Eric
    You might be searching for "unity c# tutorial" if you're new to Unity. I did when I first started. I've been a C# developer for quite some time but knew nothing about it in the context of Unity. Similarly, I like to look at Unity videos on YouTube, not only for tutorials but to see the kind of work people are doing. Searching "Unity3d" instead of just "Unity" again will yield you much better results.

9. Location
    Rome / Niš
    P.S. just realized another thing. Unity Technologies twitter name is, guess what: @unity3d So again, it's complicated :P

::::: GOSCURRY - a hard game :::::

I am DEMIGIANT
    HOTween : a fast, type-safe, and powerful Unity tween engine
    HOTools - HOUnityLibs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234