Open source GUI framework for Unity
Documentation, tutorials and useful scripts
v0.9-beta-12: Improvements to widget selection in edit mode. You can now shift click to select multiple widgets. Selection is now also dependent on the draw order rather than z position.
v0.9-beta-10: All widget styles are now updated on OGPage:StartPage(), so if you change something in your OGSkin, it should update at runtime and when you click "Set current"/"Update" on the OGPage component.
v0.9-beta-8: Introduces a new font rendering algorithm and does require a few adjustments on your part. This was necessary, and improves text kerning a lot! I've put up a quick how-to on the wiki. Check out the package for a demonstration, the OGDefault skin is set up to accommodate for the changes.
- If changes to your OGSkin don't stick between restarts, try dragging it into the scene and applying it. If this does happen to you, please leave a comment in the issue tracker describing what happened
- The folder structure must be preserved for OpenGUI to work with C#, because of the Unity compiler order. Also the .cs files must be in a subdirectory. e.g. /Assets/Scripts.
- MonoDevelop doesn't always see the OpenGUI classes, as it tends to favour C#. This is a bug on their part, not much we can do.
- Any help, including feature requests and error reports, is much appreciated.
- I happily add collaborators on GitHub, so don't be shy.
- Shoutouts to faltugames, RapRogue, Acrobot for their code contributions and Muber Gaming, frankyboy450, MuNgLo, Lokkij for their very helpful feedback.
Although OpenGUI is being improved upon regularly, it does still have some rough edges. It probably won't turn your computer into a suicidal toaster, but there are no guarantees.