Search Unity

Unity3D WIP KnoWing RPG

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sinaxxxx, May 22, 2013.

1. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

$AscendancyTestCover.jpg

Hey guys, Ive been going off an on with this project (Due to school, household, and money issues) But now, summer is comming up, and it WILL be devoted to this game. But ive decided to take a step back, and work on small parts at time. You cant eat an elephant in one day.!

During my absense ive Re-Brainstormed how i want KnoWing to be! It will NOW have the Combat and Structure of Dragons Dogma, but with the Gameplay and Insides of Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Combat and Structure
    When i say this, i mean the class system, the camera, The intense fighting, and the menus of dragons dogma! Meaning you cant usea certain weapon, if you arent that class!

Gameplay and Insides
    When i say THIS, i mean the numerous quest, the funny, sad, and serious drama, the lively world, and the crazy random encounters.!

Here are some concept arts ive painted in Photoshop, so you kinda have an idea of what the game will/should look like!
    $conceptArt_2.png $conceptArt_1.png $conceptArt_3.png $conceptArt_6.png
    Update #1

Update #2

Update #3 GameplayAlpha
    It brings me great joy to finnaly release Ascendancy's first game play video. Of course not every is truly permanent. But this is just to give you a glimpse of whats to come. :) *Credits to KGF map system and NGUI for the amazeing GUI layouts.*

If you wanna help out Ascendancy PLEASE Email Ascendancy123@gmail.com

We Currently need...
    • Concept Artistx3
    • 3D Modelers (Items, Weapons, Etc) x2
    • 3D Modelers (Humans, Monsters) x2
    • Story Developers x2
    • Enviorment Artist x2
    • Sound designers x2
    • Graphics designers(?) x2
    • c# Scripter x3

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  2. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Heres the last of the Concept Art The Main Antagonist (Codenamed "Bringer Of Death") $Temelar.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  3. SuperSlonik

SuperSlonik

email sent.

is third image a concept or an engine render? looks quite exciting!

4. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Its a concept :)

5. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

$GoblinHead Concept.jpg Heres a concept of an Ogre Head Close-up. :)

6. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Here's the last concept art im going to release for a while... $Troll Conceptl.jpg $Dragon Concept.jpg $Knight Concept FINAL.jpg

Credits to the Creator of the Troll Sketch above :D

7. FlaxSycle

FlaxSycle

I looked at the top of the post but I couldn't find the credit you mentioned. Who's the artist?

8. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

I cant read the sig. But its was a really good sketch, so i felt obligated to give him credit. I wish i knew the artist. I couldve cut his name out, But that wouldnt be right now would it? :)

9. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

10. landon912

landon912

I recommend you don't use other artists stuff to promote your game......

11. HolBol

HolBol

The top images are screenshots of a unitygame with Adobe Photoshop CS6's Oil Paint filter on. This doesn't look good. Top image, clearly make out default unity Sunny2 Skybox with lens flare.

12. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Im currently only useing it, because they had excatly what i wanted, i dont have a concept artist right now, and im still giving them credit fo the sketch, im just painting on it.

13. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Yeah, those are screenshot of what i had made couple months ago, before my computer crashed. Luckly i had them on my flashdrive, so i was able to re use them. You seem to know your skyboxes! haha.

14. Maxtor

Maxtor

I'm interested in seeing this progress. I'm worried however you might not utilize licensed content, or create enough custom content before promoting your game. For instance, your YouTube video demonstration is using music from Oblivion as is stated in your description. I really don't recommend releasing content like this, and so early in your development. I think you should wait to release videos, and other promotional material until you have created enough custom content, or have licensed content including music for your project.

15. Maxtor

Maxtor

Did you request their permission to use it though? I'm not entirely sure your reason falls within fair use. I'm guessing their art doesn't fall within the public domain either. It really is not a good idea to start using other people's art, and promoting it in association with your project.

16. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

I understand. I didint think it would matter, they were like... 2-3 years old? But copyright is copyright.

17. HolBol

HolBol

But you said that you painted them, and you didn't.

18. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

I assumed since i added a filter, it could count as painted. I also assumed alot of upcoming games use the same method,

19. Maxtor

Maxtor

I don't think there's an issue with using the filter at all. It's just a matter of presentation. When you're presenting something, you want it to represent what you've presented it to be. More-so you want it to be an accurate piece for you to present it as original work. My opinion would be that you continue work on your game. I also suggest holding back releasing any content until you have original concept art, models, and music that have been custom tailored for your project. In that time recruit others to fill roles you require but using content you yourself have made. This includes anything you've made in Unity.

Just don't use work that isn't yours without permission first. Unless it's stated to be available for such, and with or without royalty fees. That's my only negative perspective.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  20. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Hey guys! Heres some new screenshots of the game! Currently working on the AI/Combat system, which is comming along great. Next is the GUI $bandicam 2013-05-25 18-21-38-083.jpg $bandicam 2013-05-25 18-21-57-513.jpg $bandicam 2013-05-25 18-22-14-590.jpg $bandicam 2013-05-25 18-22-39-465.jpg $bandicam 2013-05-25 18-22-55-469.jpg

21. jessee03

jessee03

Looking really good :) Please keep updating. Maybe a fly through when more gets finished?

22. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Change the name of the game to Ascendancy. $GameName(Test).jpg

Will now be posting update videos on the first page.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  23. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Update video #1 is on the first page, Showing off a small bit of the world

Update video #2 is also on the first page, Showing off the inventory.

24. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Hey guys, just a little update. Leveling and experience system are now in the works, and are in a very basic beta. Each time you get a kill, the experience is random between one and five for the very easy enemies, 6-12 for the easy, 13-24 for the medium and so on. It is subject to change, but for now, that's how it is

25. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

26. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Hey guys, a little update, i just finished the "Enemy Catagory System" which i think is pretty deep. I plan to have the enemies act as a family. The lesser levels follow the high levels. And heres the start of the GUI, featureing the healthbar and stamina bar, and here are also some NPC's to be in the game.

$bandicam 2013-05-28 19-37-23-840.jpg $bandicam 2013-05-28 19-38-02-196.jpg $CharacterNPCs.jpg

27. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Hey guys, Here's some more concept art, made by a friend who loves the game. :) They are pictures of monsters that will be featured in the game, and some landscape concepts.
    $centaur.jpg $DragonChimeraSketch.jpg $LandscapeConcept.jpg

28. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

I think its time to share what i have thought up, for more features to the game. This will be added to the first page, and the new Collab thread.

The Insides: Enemy Levels and Stats

What I have thought up for the enemy levels, is pretty different from the other games. But it might be subjected to change, not very much though...

Every enemy you find, will not be the same as the next. Even if its the same enemy. How? Well, I have created a series of system's i'd like to call, "Real World Challenges". These systems make the game 300% realistic, and a lot more challenging. In every RPG, the enemies have their own levels. Goblin are always level 5, Wolves are always 7. But in Ascendancy, i have erased that idea, and implemented a brand new one. The phrase "Its all different from the last game" is very true.

The enemy level is now randomized by 2 preset numbers. They are also split up into catagories, which will be defined by the Tag of the prefab. Very easy, easy, medium, hard, and boss. Very easy levels are 1-15, Easy levels 16-30, Medium levels 31-45, Hard levels 46-60, and boss levels 75-100. The Enemy stats are also randomized, based on the current level of the enemy. The health is the current level x 5, Defense is the current level x 2, Exp is the current level x 2.5 and damage is the current level x 3. EX; a level 5 goblin health would be 25, defense 10, exp it would give 12.5, and the damage is 15.

The higher level the enemy is, the harder it will be to kill, but them more rewarding it will be. The chances of two enemies being the exact same, are rare.

29. Knightmore

Knightmore

30. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

31. Knightmore

Knightmore

You are still using drawings from other artists and paint some color over it/use some PS filters. You should stop that and draw your own things.

32. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Its hard to do that, when you dont have a concept artist. Or you cant draw yourself. =/ But do understand what your saying.

33. Knightmore

Knightmore

If you dont have a concept artist then focus on the game itself and not some "fancy" illustrations. Create ingame content and post screenshots. I will be more impressed from a good working selfmade inventorysystem with GUI than from some concept arts, how you think your models should look like. ;-)

34. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Just a basemesh of the male model in the game one of my friends modeled for me during school. Love some feedback on some changes he should make to it. $baseHuman.jpeg

35. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Hey guys, the first level is almost done, with the finishing up of the mountain side.! It will be included in the gameplay video im gonna post shortly. $bandicam 2013-06-02 23-00-21-290.jpg $bandicam 2013-06-02 22-59-46-813.jpg

36. jeko_composer

jeko_composer

I like so much the graphics style!!

37. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Hey guys, just a quick image of a concept of the coverart. In school right now, and was bored >.< $AscendancyTestCover.jpg

38. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Hey guys, the first gameplay video is now up on the front page. so go check it out!! Any feedback is LOVED as always

39. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Hey guys, heres a low poly model of a sword our brand new 3D modeler, modeled up for us. It looks pretty neat, and once we get the normal maps done, its going right into the game! $SwordEx.png

40. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Hey guys, here the new Character Customize Screen, now being developed. :) $bandicam 2013-06-12 06-46-06-262.jpg $bandicam 2013-06-12 06-46-14-653.jpg

41. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

The first enemy of Ascendancy is now finished! An energy golem :) $energyGolem.png

42. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

Here are two Hi Poly images of the golem UnRender and without the energy veins, just a simple rock texture.

$bandicam 2013-06-14 05-06-31-905.jpg $bandicam 2013-06-14 05-13-28-410.jpg