Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Shining Stars by LaBee games

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Maklaud, May 17, 2013.

1. Maklaud

Maklaud

I need your opinion about the level icon animation, when we select a level and its icon increases it's size. Do you like this animation? When I made it I wanted to make something interesting, effective. But now I don't like it. As I told, I don't want to put some effects only to put them, even if they may make the players annoyed. And I would better remove some animations rather than make my players don't like the game.

2. primus88

primus88

First, the game difficulty is wow. I can't even get past level 4 :)
    Second, I agree, making the game icon bigger doesn't really make any sense.If it would be like a zoom on the game table I would understand, but not like this.

As for the rest, I really like the game.

3. Maklaud

Maklaud

primus88, again thanks for your comments!
    Level 4 is amazing! :) I told in this WIP that first I could solve it with 20 or so steps. And I could also solve it with 8 and 6 steps. But now I can do that with only 4 steps. Keep trying, you will solve it! ;)

4. Maklaud

Maklaud

Btw, I forgot to tell that it's NOT necessary to wait until my splash screen (with LaBee games logo) is hidden. You always may press the left mouse button to close it :) I implemented that long ago for the player's convenience, but didn't tell about that.

5. primus88

primus88

I got past the level in 3 or 4 clicks. Don't know how as I got annoyed and just start clicking randomly.
    I tried to play level6 but didn't load anything. I believe that is maximum for now?

Also, maybe you can test my game as well. Looking for some feedback.
    Salut!

6. Maklaud

Maklaud

Don't get annoyed, just relax, listen to the calm back music and solve it! :) I did this calm music specifically to help the players relax :)

Yes, it's enough for the test, and I don't want to show all the levels until the release so as keep the game interesting, that is some kind of intrigue :)

That's strange, I thought I had done that already...

7. Maklaud

Maklaud

Here is a new beta, v0.87. I didn't make any screenshots, because nothing has changed there, but I have made a video to show all the new effects.

You may play it here

Changelog v0.87.
    1. Scaling effect was added to the game stars when they are being pressed.
    2. Scaling effect was added to the level icons when they are being pressed.
    3. Scaling effect (to a very large size) was removed from the level icons when a level was selected.
    4. Sliding effect (left and right) was added to the levels screen.
    5. Sliding effect with random movement was added to the gameplay stars.
    6. Some bugs were fixed.

8. lancer

lancer

Looking Good :cool:

9. Maklaud

Maklaud

A new beta is here, v0.88. But without a video and screenshots this time, because the changes are in sounds and music only.

Try it here and tell me what you think about all the music and sounds in the game! :) There are several different back music in the game (one for all the menus and 3 more with random choosing for the game play) - try them all by starting a few levels several times.

Changelog v0.88:
    1. The button click sound was changed.
    2. The star click sound was added.
    3. Some more background music loops were added.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  10. Maklaud

Maklaud

Hi All!
    Finally I have a new update of the game, current version is 0.90. I have updated the first post in this thread and you may see some screenshots and test the game in Unity Web player and on you Android phone or tablet. There are 12 levels and you may choose any of them. It's not necessary to solve one to choose the next one.

I have made really many changes, but here is the most important changelog v 0.90:
    1. Different background images were added to the game screen (3 different background images).
    2. All the graphics was completely recreated.
    3. The game was localized to English and Russian.
    4. The game was adapted to different possible screen sizes.
    5. Minor and internal fixes.

Still have something to do:
    1. Update the atlases - remove some graphics glitches.
    2. Remove social network buttons.
    3. Add all the necessary levels.

Thanks!

11. Maklaud

Maklaud

New version of the game is available to play! :)
    Current version is 0.91 and all the recent changes are just cosmetic:
    1. All the texture atlases were updated to get rid of some graphic glitches.
    2. Social network buttons were updated - Facebook button was removed and Twitter button action were updated (just open the LaBee games twitter).

Screen shots and the link to the builds (Unity Web player and Android apk file) were also updated in the first post of the thread.

Enjoy the game! :)

12. Maklaud

Maklaud

Finally, the game is released!

You may get it on Google Play here.

Hope you enjoy the game!