Search Unity

No Deferred Lighting

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Gavin1969, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Gavin1969

Gavin1969

Hi All

I'm relatively new to Unity (but not game development), I'm having an issue with deferred lighting in Unity 4.1.2f1.

Basically, the lights aren't being rendered in the default Deferred Renderer pipeline, but are on in the DX11 Deferred pipeline.

See attached image ->

I initially thought this might be due to upgrading a project from Unity 3.5 to 4 (the lighting was fine in 3.5). But, as you'll see in the image, I've created a new scene from scratch in Unity 4.1.2, a basic plane, point light and camera set up and I'm seeing the same problem.

I've tried this on two different machines, a MacBook Pro Retina and a PC, PC/Mac/etc Standalone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Gavin

2. Gavin1969

Gavin1969

If anyone's interested, I've also determined that this is also happening in the recently released Slender - The Arrival, so at least I know I'm not specifically missing something in my implementations.

As previously indicated, deferred lighting was fine in Unity 3.5, so this is either a bug in Unity 4, or possibly a driver issue, though I'm not seeing issues with other software which might indicate a driver issue.

Either way, I'd expect Unity to fail nicely and fall back to a simpler render.

3. Kazimieras

Kazimieras

Hi,

can you reproduce this on the latest Unity version? If yes, then submit a bug report with reproduction case and reproduction steps.

Thanks.

4. YellowTube

YellowTube

I'm having this exact same problem with Unity. Also I noticed that realtime lights aren't working in the game Rochard, when played on my laptop - but are fine on my desktop rig.

my laptop specs are:

Intel Core i7 4700MQ(2.40GHz)
    12GB Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

driver 320.49 (up to date)

5. Kazimieras

Kazimieras

Hey guys,

I have been able to reproduce this deferred lighting issue on our machine with Intel HD graphics. I will send a bug report to Unity developers about this problem. Meanwhile, there are two ways of workaround. First is to enable "Use Direct3D 11" setting in player settings. Second is to emulate graphics (Edit->Graphics Emulation) and choose ie. "Shader Model 1".

Cheers

6. allenwp

allenwp

I am having the same problem on my MS Surface Pro 1 with Intel Graphics 4000.

Using Direct3D 11 causes the lights to render (better than not at all), but they are rendered incorrectly.

Emulating Shader Model 2 seems to "fix" the problem entirely -- the lights are rendered, and rendered consistently with forward rendering.

Emulating Shader Model 3 exhibits the same problem as no emulation on my device.

Best,

Allen