Search Unity

TerraCity - Create City Using Your Maps Models [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TerraUnity, Apr 22, 2013.

1. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

$Forum_Header_TerraCity.jpg

Demo Project Download

TerraCity plugin can quickly create complex cities using your prepared building models maps to get used of TerraCity's various settings options plus an integrated LOD System.

TerraCity is not a mesh creator or a procedural modeler to generate any 3D models for you, Our method involves of using your own pre-modeled building models. TerraCity populates your scene with as many as buildings with any type you want right on top of your Terrain in Unity. Placement will be based on user-created maps mixing with different available options ready to be set. In the end, you will end up with a City made up of your selected building models with having full control of editing over them with only a few clicks.

TerraCity comes with Texture Engine feature to texture placing building models. These models must have correct materials and UVs for each building part to be recognized by TerraCity's Texture Engine. Each building model's part (material) - also each LODed sub mesh if exists - can have its arbitrary shader to represent building parts.

You can have 4 building types of "Towers", "Apartments", "Houses" "Unique" all with different settings and separated by building parts (materials) of "Facade", "Roof", "Window" "Floor" if you are using TerraCity's Texture Engine.

LODManager is a simple runtime script included in TerraCity package to handle LOD (Level Of Detail) in your scene based on user's distance to buildings. Just name your LOD submeshes "_LOD0", "_LOD1" "_LOD2" ordering from higher to lower details and set up your prefabs. The benefit of this system is that it works in Unity Indie (free version) too while Unity's built-in LOD system only works if you own the Pro version, however it's more advanced.

There is also a runtime script ExplorerScene in TerraCity package which sits on a camera to handle navigation and movement on your terrain in an advanced way.

Options:
    • Show/Hide Image-Map preview
    • Map Rotation feature
    • Color Picker with Damping feature to assign placement areas from map
    • Color Analyzer (Beta) with Accuracy setting to get selected color’s percentage
    • Select/Deselect Building Types of Houses, Apartments, Towers, Unique
    • Preview of buildings in every building types folders
    • Texture Engine to Texturize different parts (materials) on models as Facade, Roof, Window and Floor
    • Selectable Building Parts and assigning of different shaders for each Building Part (material) and each LOD of model
    • Tiling number of each building part textures and for each building type
    • Lighten/Darken Textures with adjustable min max value
    • Performance Settings for Material type and Batching Type
    • Material Type to select between Unique and Shared type for materials
    • Batching Type to select between Static and Combine methods for batching buildings
    • Scale Variation in models’ width height
    • Random Position for placing buildings
    • Random Rotation with Same Angle option for placing buildings
    • Density for building types of Houses, Apartments and Towers plus City Center Spread option for more natural city shape
    • Set Densities Get Stats for the set up city
    • Limit for Maximum Buildings Number
    • Editor LOD Preview to show the selected LOD Layer in Edit Mode
    • Built-in LOD System in runtime with LODManager script
    • Cancellation of progress at any time during placement
    • Sound Notification when city creation is completed
    More Info: TerraCity Product

Buy From:
    TerraUnity Webstore
    US$ 169
    Asset Store US$ 175

Free Lite Version:
    TerraCity Lite TerraUnity.com
    TerraCity Lite Asset Store

Help Documentation

Downloads: TerraUnity Downloads
    Online Help: TerraUnity Online Help
    FAQ: TerraUnity FAQ
    TerraCity Lite Comparison: TerraCity Lite

Online Demo

Live Demo: TerraCity Webplayer

Videos Screenshots

$5.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  2. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

3. Livvy

Livvy

It looks fantastic but do you have any screenshots from ground view?

Also I just visited your site and see TerraLand Free download, what exactly does this free download contain?

4. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

To see what TerraCity's demo look like simply check out the Online Webplayer so that you can navigate into the scene by a free camera and please remember that this is some kind of a tech-demo to show what can be achieved with nearly no time taken. You can also download the demo project and check it for yourself in Unity with all the stuff included from here here.

There is no free version download for TerraLand, I guess you were addressing the Lite version of TerraTrees TerraCity which are free to download. The Lite version gives you an starting point about all features that can be unlocked and it has limited functions. Here is the comparison chart between TerraCity's Pro Lite version. Register on our site and download TerraCity Lite from here. When you bring up the plugin in Unity, all pro features are indicated by a pro label beside them in the GUI.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  5. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

nice work

6. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Thanks Play_Edu

7. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

8. deckard

deckard

I would be interested in purchasing TerraCity and probably TerraLand.

I have just downloaded TerraCity Lite to test your product.

I have noticed that:
    - the lite version does not come with any sample model, texture, scene.
    - the documentation is very very limited and very unclear.
    This makes it very difficult to understand how your product works and how to use it. The user is basically left with no information.

I have decided to give it a try anyway and I have added a couple of texture and one house model in FBX file format. Even if there is no clear information in the documentation regarding how these should be setup and imported to function within TerraCity.

When I clic on TerraCity Lite in the TerraUnity Menu. A blank pop up window appears and the following error is displayed in loop on the console:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEditor.EditorUtility.GetAssetPreview'.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/c514da0c8183631c/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Could you please tell me how to fix this and how to actually test your product?

It would also be great if you could provide some sample scene and asset to further understand how your product work.

Finally, a detailed manual would also be a great add.

Thanks a lot.

9. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

All current TerraUnity products have free demo projects beside plugins which you can download them through our website in separate packages or bundled in Asset Store. For now you can download TerraCity Demo Project from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6utn647rgt9d5d/TerraCity_Demo.unitypackage

You can also download help and documentation files from http://terraunity.com/download/page.aspx or each product's "Download Help Project Files" section or read the manuals online from here: http://terraunity.com/online-help/page.aspx We have tried to simplify the GUI as much as possible so once you explore it from top to bottom, you will get the most of it even without needing to read the documentations. Besides, You can get our support anytime there are troubles regarding any products through our email: info(at)terraunity(dot)com

About the error, Based on your Unity version, you will notice that there are 2 "DOWNLOAD" buttons sitting in your profile on terraunity.com. One of them is for version 4.x and the other one is for pre-4 Unity versions, if you hover your mouse over those buttons you will see that the package names are ending either with "U-3.5" or "U-4" so you can get the correct one to use. This error is because of Unity's API changes through different versions.

Also some people are complaining about TerraCity Lite being very limited which we do believe it's acceptable as this package is only an introduction of the main TerraCity and you have to get the pro one to unlock all features. Also the next release will be ahead which covers many new capabilities.

Amir Badamchi

10. Zireael07

Zireael07

Does this work with Unity 5?

I understand that the Lite version can only place Houses, but I can have as many House models as I want, right?

11. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

The product hasn't been updated for a long time but we are upgrading it to have compatibility with Unity 5 with 1/5 of the current price plus having many new features added. Can't give a rough date about the release date but something about a month from now.

You can register on our website from HERE so that you will be included in our mailing list and get notified about product updates.

Regarding your question, you can have any building types in the Houses folder and they will be placed as many as you want while the pro version has other folders unlocked for synchronous building placement plus the map-based placement for more realism.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  12. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

May I ask where is this asset now?
    I like terraworld but it doesn't generate streets according to the data. I like the idea of Terra City but I can't find it.

13. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

TerraCity is being developed as a new product right now and will be available as a new solution to stream huge datasets of real-world data along with 3D roads and buildings, but it may take some time to get there so stay tuned.

The end goal is to mix this new project into TerraWorld created scenes to eventually stream large worlds with the details of TW created scenes. Follow TerraWorld's thread to get announcements here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/50-...vel-designer-for-real-world-locations.784217/

Stranger-Games likes this.