Search Unity

[Released] IOS Native Unity3D Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Apr 22, 2013.

1. gas777

gas777

Thanks for a great asset.

I updated to Unity 4.5. & IOSNative v 4.3 . Then leaderboard shows a white/blank screen. GameCenter login succeeded. But leaderboard shows none.

2. lukos

lukos

Updated but cant build now. Very critical issue as project must be finished asap.

Please help

3. lukos

lukos

Sorted now,

4. Shizola

Shizola

Hi lukos, how did you fix that problem?

5. jococo

jococo

I got tons of Apple Mach-O Linker errors in Xcode 5 also

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:

"__adShakeMotionStarted", referenced from:

RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o

"__adShakeMotionEnded", referenced from:

"__adSetLandscapeMode", referenced from:

"__adSetAdditionalDockingMargin", referenced from:

"__adReEngagementLoaded", referenced from:

"__adSetLocationControl", referenced from:

"__adLoadStartAd", referenced from:

"__adLoadReEngagement", referenced from:

"__adLoadAudioTrack", referenced from:

"__adLoadAudioAdToCache", referenced from:

"__adLoadAudioAd", referenced from:

"__adLoadAdToCache", referenced from:

"__adLoadAd", referenced from:

"_SLServiceTypeFacebook", referenced from:

-[SocialGate fbPost:] in SocialGate.o

-[SocialGate fbPostWithMedia:media:] in SocialGate.o

"__adDestroyAd", referenced from:

"__adCreateAdWithSectionId", referenced from:

"_SLServiceTypeTwitter", referenced from:

-[SocialGate twitterPostWithMedia:media:] in SocialGate.o

-[SocialGate twitterPost:] in SocialGate.o

"_OBJC_CLASS_$_SLComposeViewController", referenced from:

objc-class-ref in SocialGate.o

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Any ideas what is going on?

UPDATE: I just upgraded Unity to 4.5 and still the same errors. Help!

UPDATE: I'm back to Unity 4.3.4. Using the previous version of IOS Native gave no problems. When I upgrade to the newest version of IOS Native (v4.3) is when I see these errors. I added the AudioUnit framework and all but 1 error went away. I still have this error which is odd because it claims AudioUnit not found:
    "
    ld: framework not found AudioUnit
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    "

UPDATE: I removed AudioUnit framework. I added the Social.framework and that got rid of the errors listed originally for twitter. I just tried re-adding AudioUnit framework but still the same 1 error claiming AudioUnit framework not found. I tried adding CoreAudio frameowkr but no luck.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE & Solution
    Stan rocks!
    Those errors were caused by Leadbolt ad scripts I had in project. Yet another reason to stay away from Leadbolt.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  6. gas777

gas777

very sorry. I always set iOS target version on Unity to "unknown". It worked well previously.

I changed iOS target version on Unity to "7.1". Then it works well now. Leaderboard shows a score normally, thanks.

7. p_025

p_025

I'm having trouble with the In-App purchases. It simply gives this error when I try to do IOSInAppPurchaseManager.instance.buyProduct(productID):
    "Connection Error Cannot connect to payment servers, check your internet connection"
    I have made sure the purchases are set up on iTunes Connect and are authorized in the metadata for the app I'm uploading. My code path is nearly identical to your PaymentManagerExample.cs, the only difference was that I added the OnProductBought method to the PRODUCT_BOUGHT event after calling IOSInAppPurchaseManager.instance.loadStore(). Any ideas?

If it helps, I'm using the version that was released around June 3-5, was this a known issue for those versions?

EDIT: I'm also using iOS 6.0 as my target iOS version.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  8. cipu

cipu

I was submit a new score by GameCenterManager.ReportScore and after that I was call ShowLedearBoard. But LeaderBoard was show score before I submit not new score. Do have any event help i can know when GameCenter was submit score done. Thanks

9. mheyman89

mheyman89

I seem to be having trouble with updating achievement progress.

if (_gameScore >= 100 && _gameScore <= 200)
    {
    PlayerPrefManager._PPBronze += 1;
    GameCenterManager.submitAchievement(0.4f, "ACH_BronzeKitty");
    }

This code is called when the player hits a game over. It checks the score and if they earned a certain medal they get points towards an achievement. The achievement however requires 250 medals. So every one medal is 0.4% (0.4 * 250 = 100). Is there a problem with floats or is something else wrong? I notice that some of my other achievements also aren't updating. Any ideas?

10. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

I am having pretty much the same issue, but I'm using the PlayMaker actions included with the latest iOS Native. All of my achievements are unlocking correctly EXCEPT for the ones that are supposed to show progress. They either update once & then never again, or they do not update at all. I've been assuming this was a mistake on my part (and I am continuing to debug on my end) but it sounds like your issue is very similar.

11. foamdo

foamdo

Im just starting out with this plugin, but I'm getting no response from the GameCenter server. GAME_CENTER_ACHIEVEMENTS_LOADED and GAME_CENTER_ACHIEVEMENT_PROGRESS are never fired after successfully initializing and submitting my achievement.

I read through everything in the documentation: I'm using a testing account that I set up through iTunesConnect. It is shown as a sandbox account. All achievements have been setup through iTunesConnect. I logout of GameCenter before pushing the app, then i'm prompted to log back in when the app opens. Still I get no response from Apple's server. When I open the GameCenter app, it shows the achievements i set up in iTunesConnect, but there is no progress shown after submitting achievement multiple times.

12. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

One quick followup on the problem I'm having: I just did some tests with different values for the "Progress" amount on my achievements. As I mentioned, I'm using PlayMaker for all of this, and am not working with the code/scripts directly.

What I found is that all my achievements ARE updating, every time, but that they only overwrite the previous progress if the current amount is higher. So if I fire an achievement 10 times at 10% each, it will always just read 10% complete. My understanding of the way this was supposed to work (meaning the GameCenter system, not the plugin itself) was that you sent the amount of new progression (e.g., in game 1, the player got 5% towards complete, in game 2 he got 2% more, so now it should read as 7% complete). Am I mistaken in this assumption?

If so, that would mean I'd need a way to read the current progress FROM GameCenter & then compute the new progression from the current session each time. The latest version of the plugin does not provide any PlayMaker actions that accomplish this, as far as I can tell.

If that's not how it's supposed to work, and my original assumption was correct, then something appears to be wrong with the way progress is being reported up to GameCenter via the plugin (or via some code it relies upon).

Hope this makes sense... my brain is a bit fried from debugging this today.

13. mheyman89

mheyman89

Ah interesting find! If that is true, it's quite a silly way to do things. I guess I could try storing the number into PlayerPrefs and call that and add to it constantly... I'd like a response from the creator too to see if we can get an update on this.

14. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

I did something like that on my first achievement setup, but the problem I ran into was that if a different player logged into GameCenter on the same device, the PlayerPrefs data was shared by both players (which makes sense, since PlayerPrefs is a Unity thing & GameCenter is an Apple thing - they have no direct knowledge of each other). Just a heads up.

15. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

Based on some conversations I've had this morning with a few other devs, it seems that the proper method IS to first get the current progress of the achievement, then add the new progress & report the updated total back up to GameCenter.

If that's accurate, I definitely need to request some additional PlayMaker actions for the iOS Native plugin. As long as I'm at it, it would be great to have an action for resetting achievements as well (I wish there was a way to do that from the iTunes Connect level, actually, but I don't see a way to do it).

16. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Sorry guys. I haven't got notifications from this thread due to some unknown reason.

Good point. I will think how to improve this.

Sorry do you steel need help, or all good now?

It basicaly means, you have missed something in the set up Guide. Make sure you followed all instructions.

And we problem will be steel there, just send full logs and your explanations to stans.assets@gmail.com

17. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yep, this is proper way do do achievement reporting. An plugin API allows you to retrive the progress of achievement.

Added to the plugin todo list!

18. p_025

p_025

It's set up exactly the same as another game I have (which just got approved for the App Store), except the target iOS version on those is 4.3, and the target on this one is 6.0.

It looks like this plugin might have multiple compatibility issues when the target iOS version is iOS 6.

19. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Can you please send me the log? Please use PM or support mail.
    Cheers!

20. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Can you try latest plugin version, and also go thru this check list:
    • Have you enabled In-App Purchases for your Bundle ID?
    • Have you checked Cleared for Sale for your product?
    • Have you submitted (and optionally rejected) your application binary?
    • Does your project’s .plist Bundle ID match your Bundle ID?
    • Have you generated and installed a new provisioning profile for the new Bundle ID?
    • Have you configured your project to code sign using this new provisioning profile?
    • Are you building for iPhone OS 3.0 or above?
    • Have you waited several hours since adding your product to iTunes Connect?
    • Are your bank details active on iTunes Connect? (via Mark)
    • Have you tried deleting the app from your device and reinstalling? (via Hector, S3B, Alex O,Joe, and Alberto)
    • Is your device jailbroken? If so, you need to revert the jailbreak for IAP to work. (via oh my god,Roman, and xfze)

21. p_025

p_025

I can't try the latest version at the moment, the guy with the account information is out of town at the moment. But, I've checked all that, according to the checklist it ought to be working, but it apparently couldn't connect to the iTunes store so Apple rejected it. I'll try the latest version as soon as I can.

22. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

No problem, I have sanded PM with the latest version to you.

23. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

I saw it in the documentation, but I'm using PlayMaker for my entire project & I could not see a way to access the getAchievementProgress data with the current PlayMaker options. I tried writing my own custom PM action for it but... Well I am terrible at that. It went poorly.

Is there a way to get the current progress with the existing actions, or would I need a new custom action for this purpose?

Thanks! (I was assuming you meant the reset action, but if you meant both reset and the getAchievementProgress actions, then feel free to disregard the first part of this reply! :))

24. p_025

p_025

Now that's what I call support! Thanks a bundle, I'll do some work and report back with results.

25. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

yep, all done. And will be available in new 4.5 version.
    For now I will send you the 4.5a version, so you can try it before official release .

Cheers!

26. jococo

jococo

I'm trying to post a preset picture (not screenshot) with text to Facebook but the image doesn't show up only the text.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Texture2D texture = newTexture2D(512, 512, TextureFormat.RGB24, false);
    2. texture = (Texture2D)Resources.Load("test-512x512-24.png");
    3. IOSSocialManager.instance.FacebookPost("FBPostImageGeneric", texture);

This code from the example works fine but I need to post preset images to Facebook not screenshots.

Code (CSharp):
    1. StartCoroutine(PostFBScreenshot());
    3. private IEnumerator PostFBScreenshot()
    4. {
    6. yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame();
    7. //Create a texture the size of the screen, RGB24 format
    8. int width = Screen.width;
    9. int height = Screen.height;
    10. Texture2D tex = newTexture2D( width, height, TextureFormat.RGB24, false );
    11. //Read screen contents in to the texture
    12. tex.ReadPixels( newRect(0, 0, width, height), 0, 0 );
    13. tex.Apply();
    15. IOSSocialManager.instance.FacebookPost("My app ScreehShot", tex);
    17. Destroy(tex);
    19. }
    The Solution To This:

“If you want to share any Texture2D, make sure the texture is Read/Write Enabled. Select the texture, in Inspector window, select Advanced for Texture Type, and check “Read/Write Enabled”. Also make sure its format is iPhone-compatible, such as RGBA 32 bit.”

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  27. mheyman89

mheyman89

Hey I had another question. I noticed that if I keep iAds running during gameplay, I'm getting some framerate slowdown. Any idea if there is a way to fix this? I know this isn't super specific to the plugin, but I was wondering if it was a problem with Unity, the plugin or with iAds. Please let me know!

28. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Sorry, what do you mean by
    Have you destroyed the iAd banner or just hide?

29. mheyman89

mheyman89

Here is the code I used for the iAd banner:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

public class iAdUse : MonoBehaviour {

public static iAdUse _iAdUseBanner;
    private iAdBanner _banner1;
    private string _adState;

void Start()
    {
    if (_iAdUseBanner == null)
    _iAdUseBanner = this;

DontDestroyOnLoad(this);
    _adState = PlayerPrefs.GetString("ads");
    if (_adState == "removed")
    {
    _banner1 = null;
    }
    else
    {
    _banner1 = iAdBannerController.instance.CreateAdBanner(TextAnchor.LowerCenter);
    _banner1.Hide();
    hideBanner();
    }
    }

void Update()
    {
    if (PlayerPrefs.GetString("ads") == "removed")
    _banner1 = null;
    }

public void showBanner(){
    if(_banner1 != null)
    _banner1.Show();
    }
    public void hideBanner()
    {
    if (_banner1 != null)
    _banner1.Hide();
    }

}

I load the banner in a scene before the rest of the game loads and I immediately hide it. When gameplay starts I call showBanner() and then I leave it there all game. I never destroy it.

30. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Well in this case iAd banner object is always in the memory.
    Currently the Hide methods is removes banner from game UIView. But as you understand the banner is steel exist in memory. I will search if apple has API to stop banner (animation, others stuff that can eat performance), but I doubt.
    Cheers!

31. garraeth

garraeth

"How to authenticate the GKLocalPlayer on my 'third party server' using PHP?"
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ocalplayer-on-my-third-party-server-using-php

I figure this might help someone. And it would be good to hear feedback from the pros in the community (I'm new to C# and Objective C).

I added the Objective C (shown in the SO post) to IOSGameCenterManager.mm in authenticateLocalPlayer. Sorry, I cut out some of the other code from the plugin so you can't just copy/paste mine into your project.

I also modded C# GameCenterPlayerTemplate.cs and GameCenterManager.cs to receive all the additional data.
    The functions were authenticateLocalPlayer(), authenticateLocalPlayer(). And added to the list of privates in GameCenterPlayerTemplate.cs and it's constructor and getters/setters. For all these mods (of transporting data from Objective C to C#) I just copied how Lacost did it with variables like _playerId.

Look for the update (search for "Jul 9 2014) in the SO post. It has mods I made to finally get it working.

32. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

Is it possible to add the possibility to send challenges to friends, and receive them?

Thanks.

33. StarHunter32

StarHunter32

Hello, I finally got time to try the plugin with Playmaker. I don't seem to get it working.
    Here's what I do:

1. I run the "ISN_Billing Init" action at the start of the game and set it to do not destroy.
    2. I set up the App ID (number) and IAP name in the Billing Settings.
    3. I try to make a purchase with the ISN_Purchase Action action.
    4. Build and run on device: here I get an error on the device "Cannot connect to the payment servers. Check your connection."

Am I doing something wrong here?

34. pakmafia

pakmafia

hi, i cannot understand where to start. i looked at the docs but it doesnt help as it dont explain what is going on, just starts giving codes. is there a video to show extectly what to do? do i have to add the codes to unity or xcode and in case of iad how to customise the ad? sorry for being newbie to this.

35. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, sure, it was implemented around month ago. Here is kisy of function of GameCenterManager Class
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public static void issueLeaderboardChallenge(string leaderBoradrId, string message, string playerId)
    2. public static void issueLeaderboardChallenge(string leaderBoradrId, string message, string[] playerIds)
    3. public static void issueAchievementChallenge(string leaderBoradrId, string message, string playerId)
    4. public static void issueAchievementChallenge(string leaderBoradrId, string message, string[] playerIds)

Looks like the problem in the app set up, please go over this checklist
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Q24UQKos3x0P3BQjc/edit#heading=h.sf462dgtgpc2

Sorry that docs wasn't helpful for you. I will send the you PM with my Skype, so we can talk.
    Cheers!

36. tthmok

tthmok

Any information on having Game Center turn based matches implemented. I looked through some of the source and I see large pieces of code related to turn based matches commented out. Thanks

37. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, currently only RTM networking is implemented. The turn based is on it's way :)

38. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

What method causes the behavior of linking to 'More..' of my apps? The old plugin I used had a method where I could pass in an app-id to pull the app-store link up, directly in the app. And if I passed it my company ID, it would pull up a direct list of my products - perfect for cross promoting!

Details: Stan's iOS Native - Purchased today - latest version - using Unity 4.6 beta 12 & iOS 7.1

Gigi

39. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

Hello Stan,

I got an error in XCode since Unity 4.5 at init.

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/iPhonePlayer-armv7Generated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)
    2014-07-21 16:27:51.040 foodchain[220:60b] IOSGameCenterManager inited
    2014-07-21 16:27:51.044 foodchain[220:60b] authenticateLocalPlayer call

Do you have the last version of iOS native?

Thanks.

40. Stans-Assets

Stans-Assets

IOSNative v 4.5 just released.

New Feature:
    PlayMaker Actions Added for iCloud:

• ISN_DataChanged
    • ISN_DataReceived
    • ISN_iCloudInit
    Notifications:
    • ISN_ApplicationIconBadgeNumber
    • ISN_CancelNotifications
    • ISN_RegisterForRemoteNotifications
    • ISN_ScheduleNotification
    • ISN_ShowNotificationBanner
    Game Center:
    • ISN_GetAchivmentProgress
    • ISN_ResetAchivments
    New Feature:
    • GAME_CENTER_VIEW_DISSMISSED - event added

41. vicegold

vicegold

I can't build anymore with the latest version, because of this error:

Any ideas?

42. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I am not sure what API you talking about. Is it StoreProductView? This API is implemented let me know if you nee more explanations on it.

Sorry badban, but what exactly do you mean? I see only simple logs here.
    Cheers!

Common Unity issue when you updating something. Just clean your XCode project using Product -> Clean

Cheers!

43. vicegold

vicegold

Still the same error :/

44. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Well the error is referencing to the libPhone-lib.a with is standart lib for Unity Xcode project. And not actusally connected with the plugin API

1)I see you have spaces in your pat to project, can you get rid of ti?
    2) Is your project builds fine with out Plugins folder?
    3) Can you send me your project so I can test it by my self?

Cheers!

45. CallToAction

CallToAction

I'm able to login and report achievements but when I call GameCenterManager.loadCurrentPlayerScore, I am getting null in my callback when I do this:
    LeaderBoardScoreData data = e.data as LeaderBoardScoreData;
    if (data == null)
    {
    Debug.LogError("OnLeaderBoarScoreLoaded failed. Null leaderboard data returned");
    }

when I click on one of my leaderboards in the gamecenter UI, I get "No Data Available. Unable to load data due to network connectivity or errors"

My leaderboards are setup correctly in itunes and I have a stable internet connection and I'm logged into my sandbox gamecenter account. Any ideas?

46. m3ndi3

m3ndi3

Hey been using your plugin and it's working great! If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!! I'm using playmaker, so if you're able to convert this to a playmaker action, I would be so happy! Ok so I'm trying to take a screenshot at a particular time and save that into a texture variable. Then I will use that texture for facebook and twitter sharing, as well as displaying the screenshot in the game...

47. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    This is common issue, make sure you have completed this step:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Q24UQKos3x0P3BQjc/edit#heading=h.qmf4c2ah3lzn

There is an action ISN_FacebookPostScreenShot in the plugin, I pretty sure it can be start point for you.

48. kahnmakers

kahnmakers

Hello Stan ,
    Since the IOS Native Upgrade to 4.5, i got a strange regression.

For GameCenter when i try to GetScore, i never receive an answer.

The listener to : GameCenterManager.GAME_CENTER_LEADER_BOARD_SCORE_LOADED does not seem to be fired anymore.

I have tried to :
    - to delete / reimport the Plugin
    - rebuild by replacing the XcodeProject
    - change getScore by LoadCurrentPlayerScore
    - Create a new/clean unity with only IOsNative and correct param

I can always connect to GameCenter, show leaderbord... but never get a Score

If you have a clue of how to fix it, i would really appreciate.

49. m3ndi3

m3ndi3

Hey I know there is this action, but it takes a screenshot when I call that action, I would like to take the screenshot in another action beforehand. I tried looking through the code but I'm a bit lost :/ I would like to take a screenshot and save that screenshot into a texture variable in playmaker, so that I can call it again when I use the social plugin as well as display the screenshot in a gui at the end of the level. I know that it doesn't particularly have to do with your plugin, but any help would be appreciated :)

50. CallToAction

CallToAction