Search Unity

AVFX Movie Recorder

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by probuddha, Apr 15, 2013.

1. probuddha

probuddha

AVFX Team proudly presents a new plugin for Unity3D.

AVFX Movie Recorder

AVFX Movie Recorder is a new open-source, cross-platform plugin for Unity3D. It allows multithreaded movie, screen and audio capturing from within an Unity3D application, at great performance.

For demos for Windows and Mac OS X: http://avfx-team.blogspot.se/
    Get started Tutorial (VERY SIMPLE): http://avfx-team.blogspot.se/p/installation.html

Please enjoy! This is for sure the best solution available yet :rolleyes:

Assetstore: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/8010

Edit:

Version 2.0 Release(August 02 2013)
    - Switched codec-settings and format to .mp4. The movie can now be played using Quicktime, Windows Media Player, VLC Mediaplayer and 100 of others media players.
    - This version is heavily tested and quality assured by 100 of people.
    - Only 2 script files in the example!
    - Lowered price!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. dondon

dondon

Hi there,

We just are searching for a solution to encode videos from our apps (ios/android) - single images + sound to video. Is there a chance to use your product for this? Or can you help us on this?
    As I understood you have wrapped ffmpeg - so you could compile it for android / iphone and we could use it for our projects?

Thanks for your help.
    Roberto

3. Electric Seed

Electric Seed

Same here, we would be it that instant if it can be used on android :)

4. probuddha

probuddha

Hi Roberto and Electric Seed!

The ffmpeg is wrapped so you are able to replace it with any ffmpeg of your choice. I can't see any reason for this to not work out.

The reason that we havn't tried this out yet is because we dont have the licenses required to test it out.
    If you want to try it out, go ahead and I will do my best to help you along the way.

I will see if we can get a license to try this out ourselves in upcoming weeks.

EDIT: We will most likely never support Android or Iphone.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  5. electricseed

electricseed

Hi Probuddha,

Before trying it out i just want to get a little bit more info. Not the actual implementation details but how it generally works ;)

Do you need the pro version of unity to get it working? e.g. are your reading back the framebuffer to get the rendered image? Or are you using the snapshot function unity provides and build the video from files?

thx for the info

6. probuddha

probuddha

It reads the pixels from the screen withing the OnPostRender function and sends it to ffmpeg as raw image-data using TCP/IP sockets.

Pro version is NOT required.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  7. probuddha

probuddha

ffmpeg is running as an external process. You should try to compile ffmpeg for Android/iPhone and get it working running as an external process before buying the asset. It might be a bit tricky. I wish you the best of luck if your up to it!

8. Xsnip3rX

Xsnip3rX

this is hilarious

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source

Clearly, this is not an Open Source product if it does not provide universal free access to the product's source code. (universal free access meaning you don't have to buy it first)

9. dondon

dondon

Hi probuddha

I have bought the avfx movie recorder and made a few test. I didn't get it to work. Can you send me a correctly compiled ffmpeg (android) and I will try to include it in the scripts.

thx and have a great day
    Roberto

10. probuddha

probuddha

The definitition by wikipedia might be a bit missguiding. Open Source does not necessarily mean that the getting access to the open source is free. In this case it means that you will have access to the code and modify it as you wish (for free). There's alot of products that pend a fee for access to their open source.

I hope this answers your question. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2978319/does-open-source-mean-software-must-be-free

11. Xsnip3rX

Xsnip3rX

No need to apologize, it appears that i am the one who must apologize, i am definitely in the wrong here. sorry for any misunderstanding.

One question, i am assuming you have to use Render-to-Target for this, so it will not work for unity standard(non-pro), will it?

12. probuddha

probuddha

You can implement a render-to-target for this, but for now we are using this technique which does not require pro:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Texture2D.ReadPixels.html

13. dondon

dondon

Do you have any news for me? thx

14. probuddha

probuddha

Hi Dondon.

Getting ffmpeg to run on Android seems to be a complicated process. At best, it will take a couple of weeks for us to work this out.

15. PRNuser

PRNuser

We had a purchase. And I was using.
    However, color is strange.
    I do not know what the cause.

Unity Ver.4.1.2f1
    Windows8 64bit

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  16. probuddha

probuddha

What is the steps to reproduce this?
    Can you test to play the movie in VLC Media Player? Maybe your player has codec-problems.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  17. PRNuser

PRNuser

If you use the "VLC Media Player", I was able to see without a problem.
    thx!

18. pedrojr

pedrojr

19. probuddha

probuddha

20. probuddha

probuddha

Version 2.0 Release(August 02 2013)
    - Switched codec-settings and format to .mp4. The movie can now be played using Quicktime, Windows Media Player, VLC Mediaplayer and 100 of others media players.
    - This version is heavily tested and quality assured by 100 of people.
    - Only 2 script files in the example!
    - Lowered price!

:p

21. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Hey just tried it and it says
    Win32Exception: ApplicationName='/Users/justin/Dropbox/vma/Assets/StreamingAssets/ffmpeg/macosx/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-f rawvideo -r 24 -pix_fmt rgba -s 1280x800 -i tcp://127.0.0.1:1234 -vf vflip -preset ultrafast -pix_fmt yuv420p -vcodec libx264 -y "/Users/justin/Dropbox/vma/Movies/8dec1d18-0502-47ee-bc93-d05cb9cb01b4/d402454a-af2d-4bab-89a8-ce01ef4c0b57.mp4"', CurrentDirectory=''

22. RavikantSharma

RavikantSharma

AVFX Movie Recorder work with Web-Player or not? also I want to use this tool with many platform(like android or ios devices). Or just work with standalone.

23. Raamon

Raamon

Hi Aiursrage2k,

I was trying to modify your code in AVREC script to make it stream live unity game to a client instead of saving it as a video file. But I got some weird errors that prevented me from continuing doing it. Maybe because I don't quite understand some parts of your code do and I can't find any documentation you provided to explain the code. Could you give me your email address so that we can talk about it? Thanks!!!

Raymond

24. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

This isnt my software...