Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Chromebook - Can We InstallUse Unity Engine?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by justinpatters, Apr 10, 2013.

1. justinpatters

justinpatters

My PC has died and I'm in the market for a new computer. Is it possible to download the Unity Development Engine to the Chromebook and build with it? I've tried searching the forums, but haven't seen anything that points me in a direction that I quite understand. I'm kinda looking for a yes or no. If there is anyone that can help, I'd really appreciate it! :D

Thanks in advance!
    -Justin

2. codeoverload

codeoverload

Yes: If you wipe Chrome OS and put Windows on it

No: If you try to run it natively

:)

Edit: Should add not all Chromebooks are powerful enough to run Windows, might want to check that first too

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  3. Yharooer

Yharooer

You can't run games with Unity Web Player, but you can run games which have been exported for Chrome (on the Web Store). If it has been exported for Flash, then you can run those games. (That's one reason I'm not too happy about Unity removing Flash exports...)

4. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Unity still has NaCL support.

5. CazicThule

CazicThule

Are Chromebooks powerful enough to run 3d unity games? The only games I see on the store are 2d Cut The Rope type games. Could modern Chromebooks handle, say, a simple Android FPS?

6. Jack69

Jack69

Ok guys...

First of all, if you plan to installer something on a chromebook, forgot Windows... Go with Linux! Or invest $300 more and get à real laptop...

Chromebook are made for light things... Its à notebook after all so dont plan to do hard work with à chromebook!

Im using my chromebook for small things Only... My desktop PC do the others things

Unity are not natively working on ChromeOS... And if your not geeky, dont think about swapping your OS on a chromebook!

Good luck

7. Jack69

Jack69

Oh and Yes, chromebook are powerfull enough for gaming... Depending RAM and power consumtion of the game itself