Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the size of your team?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eskovas, Apr 8, 2013.

?

What's the size of your team?

1. 1

50.0%
  2. 2

14.1%
  3. 3

12.5%
  4. 4

4.7%
  5. 5

4.7%
  6. 6

3.1%
  7. 7

1.6%
  8. 8

1.6%
  9. 9

1.6%
  10. 10+

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eskovas

eskovas

It's an interesting question that i think hasn't been asked before.
    It would be interesting to know the average team size (don't vote if someone from your team already voted).

So, what is the size of your team? (number of members in your team)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  2. Gurc

Gurc

I say one, but I only do programming and Gimp. I find CC-BY3.0 3d arts, but I suppose I depleted them :( . At first it seemed as if there are infinite free models but now they are very scarce.

3. chjacobsen

chjacobsen

I'm flying solo these days. I started a project with a massive team which ended up with two of us doing all of the work. Once the project died, i tried a two-man team which is technically still active but hasn't really been progressing at all. Finally, i decided to go solo. It was kinda scary actually, because i had to learn all of the things i am terrible at (most notably graphics), but so far it seems to work better than my previous projects. We'll see how it goes, but so far, so good.

4. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

For me, one... I want complete control of my game will look... :)

5. kaiyum

kaiyum

Just me. I have to do story designing,screenplay writing, level S*** making, plan view of level making, modeling-sculpting-animating-texturing, shader development, scripting, song composing basically everything. It is such pain that sometimes I just can not express! I am eagerly waiting for completion of my friends exam and other things so that everything could gear up. But I must say I live in a world of creativity. Sometime things just gone crazy boring because of size of team(can it really be called a team!).

6. gregzo

gregzo

3 days a week, 7 of us on 3 projects, the rest of the time just me on the one project.

7. Myhijim

Myhijim

8, going to reach 10

Easily shared 10% each and they all work really hard

8. marcoantap

marcoantap

I've been working alone on my project for 9 months and it's doing great, 10k+ lines of code. Some teams are waiting for me to finish, and I won't disappoint them :)

9. cCoding

cCoding

Team? I'm a one man army :p. I do all the art, coding, modeling, sound, etc.

10. squared55

squared55

Started with just myself for the first 8 months, then joined up with an artist and a composer.

11. khanstruct

khanstruct

This depends largely on the project and the day of the week... or time of the day. I'm building an RPG on my own. I also work with a programmer, who handles some contract work and our released games (Starfall: Ronin). I then work with one artist regularly on contract jobs, and I occasionally punch him until he makes a model for one of my games.

Then, of course, there's the random other programmers, sound peeps, etc that I contact now and again.

So... between 1 and 5?

12. eskovas

eskovas

Yea i'm in the same situation, since i have to do all the work.
    The good things about being a single developer is that you have full controll of your game and it's easier to bring your idea to life the way you see it.
    Other good thing is that if you get bored or frustrated with an aspect of the game, then you can work on some other stuff, bringing variety to the work you do.

Then again, it's good to have other developers in the team to work on some aspects of the game, allowing you to focus on specific sections of the game to make them better and finish them faster.
    EDIT: It's also good to discuss the game with team members and make decisions together. It's always good to have different prespectives and that (in most cases) improves the quality of the game.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  13. kaiyum

kaiyum

I have thought of abandoning AAA several times because of pain to work on. But something inside me troubles. Simple idea that came from my head,grows towards "complex AAA hell" later. A real-time reflection of my beloved story forces me to get involved. I do not know how I will go on in future.

14. alone1992

alone1992

I'm alone for long time and work for my heart :rolleyes:
    create my childhood dream world in my games :rolleyes:
    I'm alone but still alive :wink:

15. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

+1 I work alone on my own game because I want a consistent level of polish for my game...

16. Unityart3dsMAX

Unityart3dsMAX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.