Search Unity

DKart Off Road Kart Simulation

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by devotid, Mar 28, 2013.

1. devotid

devotid

A new title i am working on....called DKart
    I included a short video to show some of its features.

Built with Unity, Playmaker visual scripting and a heavily modified version of the wonderful Unitycar 2.0 Plugin. :D

DKart Offroad Sim Features: (always changing....:))

Stuff I have "finished":

- 2 Kart Models to choose from (different engine, sound and physics models per kart)
    - Massive Indoor and Outdoor multiplayer trail riding and racing environments.
    - Realistic physics with a strong/fierce Force Feedback system. (its like fighting in a phone booth...:eek:)
    - Triple screen support with 8 different camera views including "triple screen friendly" side monitor angle adjustment similar to iRacing.
    - Adjust, Save and Share your setups and Paint schemes.
    - Multiple Inputs supported...... ie any Pedals and Wheels mixed.
    - Damage models are physical and cosmetic (broken body panels, popped tires, bent tierods and broken suspension)
    - Moveable drivers seats and moveable on screen "Vapor" data logger with lap timer (shift lights, temp warnings and rpm tach)
    - Interactive dash switches.
    - Moveable GUIS and HUDS to reposition them anywhere on triple screens. (nice when the steering wheel is in the way of on screen hud)

Things planned for early beta.:

- Oculus Rift Support (finally getting my dev kit ordered..... WOOHOO!)
    - AI opponents for offline racing
    - Replay system (save and load)
    - and much more stuff i am forgetting at the moment.

Side notes:

This will be my second title i have released with Unity now (first being www.rcsimulation.com) and I am kind of looking for "partners" if there are any SERIOUS people out there with simulation experience. If so drop me an email at devotid@gmail.com

Kevin

2. Pulov

Pulov

Looks very nice.

When you get the oculus stuff running, please drop some comments on how it feels.

>>>>>

3. Gyp

Gyp

This looks really nice, and was impressed with the first half of the video. Then you get the shot of you playing on multiple screens, now that part is really cool.

you are really onto something here, good luck

4. devotid

devotid

Thanks very much.....:)

Working on a "test demo" for folks to try out soon..... ill post some new videos and links in here in the next few weeks.

Kevin

5. AlexLeighton

AlexLeighton

That looks so cool, I can't wait to try it!