Search Unity

Mecanim Random nodes and more options for conditions

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by GD-Darren, Mar 26, 2013.

1. GD-Darren

GD-Darren

These might be already implemented and I just don't know how to use them but I'd like to add them on the wish list in case they aren't yet available.

Random Nodes:
    These basically can connect to several animations with a condition like a normal node, but the animation that is triggered would be random.
    Example: Any State --- random node--> 5 different death animations. A random death animation would be played based on those 5.

More condition options for nodes:
    I know you can add multiple conditions to the nodes but you can't define AND or OR between the conditions which makes me add several unnecessary parameters in order to achieve the same results.

Thanks for your time,
    Darren

2. Damocles

Damocles

Random node seems unnecessary - just have an animation parameter and set it randomly in your code, then use that parameter to decide which transition/state is used.

AND and OR transitions already exist. AND is the default for a transition (all conditions must be true). ORs are a bit hard to guess yourself - you have to create the transition twice - Mecanim is happy to have the same transition multiple times, but with different conditions.