Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 4.1.1 update rolled back, sorry

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aras, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

We're investigating a problem with just-released Unity 4.1.1 where user projects that contain precompiled assemblies (like many asset store packages), cause the project to no longer compile in MonoDevelop and VisualStudio.

We are still investigating, but seriously considering reverting the change (assembly signing) that caused this. Because of this we strongly recommend asset store sellers to not yet adjust their packages to be 4.1.1 compatible, as that will render them incompatible with previous Unity versions. Since the only change in 4.1.1 (besides bug fixes) has been one that has caused this problem, and provided no user visible feature, we have temporarily pulled 4.1.1 from the website.

We'll keep you up to date in this thread. Right now it is looking likely that we'll soon do a 4.1.2 release where we no longer sign UnityEngine and UnityEditor which would make this problem go away.

Apologies for this inconvenience, stay tuned for news.

2. dkozar

dkozar

It's OK, since asset store sellers stick to 3.5.7. ;)

However, great to see such a passion on fixing things, especially on weekends... :)

3. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

I assume we can install over the 4.1 version and should be good?

4. ericksson

ericksson

Unity Technologies

Yes, 4.1.0 is good.

5. skilful2000

skilful2000

Thats nice to hear. We believe in Unity. So bugs come in. We understand

6. cupcakesss

cupcakesss

Better a smooth patch rather than release something half-baked. You can do it guys! :)

7. Wahooney

Wahooney

Could the new 4.1.1 fix the problem with UnityScript files not compiling in MonoDevelop?

I've tested on several of my developer's systems and if there is a JS file in the first pass compilation (Standard Assets, Pro Standard Assets, Plugins, etc.) I get the following error when I try to build in MonoDevelop (the version of MD that ships with Unity 4.1):

Namespace 'UnityEditor' not found, maybe you forgot to add an assembly reference? (BCE0021)

Fix it, fix it pleeeease! :mrgreen:

8. DennisVH

DennisVH

Had the same issue which got fixed in 4.1.1. Hope it stays that way with 4.1.2.

9. Teku-Studios

Teku-Studios

Hi there,

We have built some demo scene for our current project to show, but once we play the .exe file, if we enable the Fullscreen tick on the splash screen, our monitor flashes black and immediately returns to Desktop. However, the game is indeed running, as we can see its process in the Task Manager. Is there anything we are missing, something we must do or code in order to get this working? We are pretty sure that everything in our scripts as well as Player Settings is OK, but we don't want our final game to be played just windowed. Any ideas?

By the way, we are working with Unity 4.1.1f4, Dx11, and the Build is targeted to PC, Mac Linux Standalone x86 - x64.

10. Mauri

Mauri

11. mateiasu

mateiasu

Hey!

Just installed 4.1.2. It seems it still has the issue 'Namespace 'UnityEditor' not found, maybe you forgot to add an assembly reference? (BCE0021)'.
    Is new information available regarding this? Thanks. :)

12. RyanZimmerman87

RyanZimmerman87

Yes, 4.1.2 seems to suck big time. I upgraded to it and my Android performance while in-game dropped literally to like 50% of the previous frame rate.

Installed back to the older version of Unity 4.0.0 and the Android performance skyrocketed...

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  13. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Yeah, this latest build pops up quite a lot of annoying log erros that comes from Unity itself.

14. Mrunal_S

Mrunal_S

Its fine I guess cause unity will find out the bugs and fix them soon so no need to worry :D

15. Dantus

Dantus

Did you submit a bug report?

16. Teku-Studios

Teku-Studios

We still have this issue, is it going to be solved anytime soon? We're almost finishing our current project. It is weird since the x86 version DOES work. Thanks!

17. Dantus

Dantus

Did you submit a bug report?

18. Teku-Studios

Teku-Studios

We did, back in the day.

EDIT: So, fullscreen works by DISABLING the Display Resolution Dialog option in Player Settings before building. When unchecking that option, the SplashScreen does not show at all, but instead the game runs directly. Well, at least I already know what was happening :) Thanks!

Last edited: May 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.