Search Unity

A step by step walkthrough guide insdead of downloading finished projects

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by peacemaker109, Mar 23, 2013.

1. peacemaker109

peacemaker109

Im all after downloading a nearly finished project, see how things are done and what your project should look like
    But not in the whole here is a finished project after you add a few things and change this to that.

I would like to see a lowend accual walkthrough in getting started. Start a new scene, add some terrain and objects like this, and some lighting like this, change the camera like this, ect.
    The only free tutorial project seems to only be for paid version, setting some of the option in the Unity program says its for Pro Version only, so the tutorial that is their that Stealth thing, dosent even do much good for a new comer trying to learn the system.

I would like to know how to make something work from the start, the documentatrion is a bit daugnting. I been messing around for day or so just trying to figure out to make a camera move around on its own like a fly over or fly by see how things look cant figure out how to seems I have to attach it I guess to a player model, to bad dosent come with a model to use.
    In A8 I can make a generic level in about an hour nothing fancy but has some generic models and stuff to start with to learn the system, this one has huge downloadable assets, and many you have to pay for ontop of paying for the system.
    I would like to learn Unity much more indepth as time permits I do like the options and layouts and seems fairly easy when you learn how to accualy work the thing and what all the settings accualy do, for the next release can we get a manual explaining all he settings, and a basic walkthrough with photos not finished projects, showing how to make a scene from scratch?

Im learning This Unity thing and working on a game myself instead of A8 now, mostley because another game I play to death lets you make mods, and the mods are made in Unity, so figure one program...