Search Unity

Unity constantly freezes since the update to 4.1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by taumel, Mar 19, 2013.

1. cmilian

cmilian

So this is it? No solution for the Freeze on Mac?

2. mattlewis83

mattlewis83

man, i have been using unity free for a year and it has never done this. i want to purchase unity pro... but what is the incentive if the software is broken for both versions? i can't drop that much money on something that is going to make my life harder. i wan't support. i want a fix. if i try to click on prefabs sometimes it freezes dead... have to end task. same if i try and load a scene... i just hope the problem is resolved soon. i want to support unity.... it's a great engine. i just feel the problems are really ruining it for me. i'm on a pretty sweet pc too... my partner on mac has reported no problems

3. John-B

John-B

Same problem here. Unity freezes for several seconds every few minutes ever since updating to Mavericks a few months back. Currently running the most recent version of Unity and OSX. Just updated to Unity 4.3.3f1, and still the problem persists. It's getting to the point that using Unity is becoming a real chore, very unpleasant and difficult to get anything done.

4. marco-siino

marco-siino

I've this problem too with Unity 3.x Pro and also Unity 4.x Pro. I'm on a trial of Unity 4.x, i'm had thought to buy it but how can i purchase an unusable software ?!? it hangs about once every 5 minute actually, and every hangs keep from 10 seconds to 3-4 minutes! It's really unusable!

I'm on a iMac 21" with OS X 10.9.2, Intel Core i5 CPU, 16 GB of ram and AMD Radeon HD 6770M as GPU. So the problem still exists with a different GPU than the one you mentioned in a previous reply, and with a different OSX version. After months this problems has not been solved on a software that costs 4500 USD.

I'm going to send a PM to @Cecilie to let him know about this problem.