We are happy to say that we have released iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System to the Asset Store for $150.00.
This is an AI Systems with also its own Car Physics and right now it is on Version 1.04 on asset store and the version 1.05 has been submitted.
It also has a Version compatible with Edys Car Physics and others would be included in the near future.
- Compatible with Edy’s Car Physics
- AI steering
- Braking if opponent in front
- Collision prevention - if opponents on sides
- Track limits (left and right limits of the track)
- Different AI behavior
- Counter steering if the car drifts
- Compatible with Easyroads, the system creates the track limits from the EasyRoads marker and road width information
- Racing line
- Grid positions
- pit line
- Road cameras position (for using on road camera view mode)
- The AI cars are configurable about the following:
- You can set how fast they would take curves by changing a single value
- You can set when the AI should enter pits by changing 2 values, min fuel to go to pits (value from 0 to 1), min tire wear before enter pits (value from 0 to 1)
- You would be able to save AI drivers, so they could be randomly chosen for race
- You could set how aggressive the AI would be braking on curves, by changing a single value (this would make the AI brake earlier or later)
- You could set the overtaking capabilities of the AI, like how much faster than the opponent it should go to overtake it.
- The AI are capable of avoiding side collisions with other cars
- Configurable sensitivity of the AI for making maneuvers (You could set amount of overtaking maneuver, side collision avoiding and getting out of track avoidance)
- Set the Fuel tank capacity
- Set the distance for the AI to look forward on another cars to make avoiding maneuvers
- Set the min sides distance to make avoiding maneuvers from other cars
- Set the min Height distance to lookup on other cars to avoid them
- For each waypoint, you could be able to set an speed override for the AI to Slow down on some part of the tracks
- Counter steering if the car drifts, set this value too.
- The max speed of corners is automatically calculated from the race line
- The pits includes a two sections where you could set different max pit's speeds, in example, the entrance could have a max speed of 80Kph and when the car enters the pit's itself, the cars (including the player's cars) could only drive at a maximum speed of 50 kph(you can set the desired speed limit also).
- The system sets the positions on the race grid randomly
- The system assigns each car a pit stop available.
- The system includes its own physics (to support the tire wearing and the automatic calculation of maximum speed of corners).
- When the race is finished, the AI system takes control of the player car
- Choose if the race would use pits or not.
- Also works on sprint race Tracks (single laps too)
- The Tire wears during race, by making the car loose grip and heats (for maximum grip)
- The fuel is consumed during race
- All the regular Car Physics features (Springs, Dampers, Tire curves, Engine Torque, Engine Sounds, Engine power, Turbo, Brakes, Brake Lights, Steering, etc.)
User Manual Link
Tutorial and showcase:
New suspension system that would be inlcuded on the next update:
Here are the user controls:
Use the left and right arrows keys to select your car
Up - Accel
Down - Brake
Right and left - Steering
Space bar - HandBrake
A - Shift Up
Z - Shift Down
X - Turn on/off RoadCameras
C - Change Camera Current Car
V - Change camera View (Hood, bumper, cockpit, etc.)
E - Enable/Disable Stability Control
T - Enable/Disable Traction Control
H - Enable/Disable Steer Help
B - Enable/Disable ABS
Asset Store Link
this demos is not playable, since the goal is to measure the AI performance.
Download Link android demo without HUD
Download Link android demo with HUD