Search Unity

Road Rash possibly making a comeback ... with Unity :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n0mad, Mar 13, 2013.

1. n0mad

n0mad

Man I couldn't hope for a better news...
    Road Rash was a big, big part of my teenage days videogame culture.
    Asphalts, deserts, sirens, grunge music, chains, speed, and most of all, bumping your opponent toward the trajectory of a forthcoming truck with a simple kick to his wheel ... all at 250 km per hour ...
    Those were the days ! I'm still remembering the awesomeness of hearing Soundgarden's Rusty Cage first notes when starting my engine ...

Recently, a Reddit user asked why Road Rash series didn't surface again for 20 years, and game's original lead designer himself, Dan Geisler, simply replied that "it might be the time for a new one". That "there would be a kickstarter if enough people would want it to return".
    Just take my money Dan ! :)

So, parsing all his answers on Reddit, I just came onto this one :

So as he might very well be reading these forums, may I say a warm, nostalgic, and wholeheartedly WELCOME BACK to the digital asphalt, Dan.
    Let's break that rusty cage .... and ruuuuuuuun :D

$roadrash.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. derkoi

derkoi

Damn! Road Rash is one of my all time fav games. Right from when the Megadrive/Genesis version was released and the PS1 version got me in to the band Paw.

Hope the Kickstarter gets underway.

3. Archania

Archania

Now this would be one to play and support for sure!
    Ah the good old days of PC games!

4. n0mad

n0mad

Further words of awesomeness :

Oldschool gamedesigners know best, once again.

5. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

damn.
    the part of my brain responsible for nostalgia is starting to get overstimulated, with all those crowdfunded sequels to 90's games popping out almost every month. praised be the glorious Bandwagon!

6. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Man, I used to spend HOURS and DAYS playing this game... Please, take my money so I can play the hell out of this :)

7. derkoi

derkoi

It always made me chuckle when i used to kick natasha off her bike, she'd be pissed at you after the race! lol

8. derkoi

derkoi

9. n0mad

n0mad

Nice find ! But I can't see Dan Geisler in the credits, so I guess it's not that one.
    On a personal note, while I'm not a fan of the gun approach (Road Rash was all about speed and fists), I salute their efforts on searching to bring some new elements to the genre, like gangs and zone control.
    I'll follow the project, thanks for the link ^_^
    (and I wish them success)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  10. derkoi

derkoi

Yeah I too got the impression that it wasn't the same one but like you say, it's worth watching, looks pretty good although I think graphically it could be improved but I think it will be in the final version.