Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Admob Unity Package that work with Unity 3.2 above

Discussion in 'Android' started by MicroEyes, Mar 8, 2013.

?

Are you Satisfy with this Plugin Tutorial

1. Yes

66.9%
  2. No

8.0%
  3. Not Completely

25.1%
  1. m-y

m-y

admobPluginClass.CallStatic("AdvHandler", (int)Activity.ENABLE, currActivity, "", -1, -1, -1, -1,true, "", -1, -1, -1);

problem in this clause ?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AdvertisementHandler.EnableAds () (at Assets/AdvertisementHandler.cs:100)
    AdvertisementManager.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdvertisementManager.cs:16)

helpppppppp microeyes

2. ckrin

ckrin

hey,
    got a little problem. anything works like a charm if i use the prefab as it is. but if i enter my personal admob id, advertisment is not showed.

any ideas? thanks in advance! cant wait to get things running! awesome plugin!

3. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Have you made sure you are using the ad ID, looks like ca-app-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ?

If you use your publisher ID (pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) it won't work.

4. Sandy Sandals

Sandy Sandals

Hi there,

I have implemented the plugin and the adds show up correctly, but how do I test to make sure that this is actually linked to my AdMob account? Right now if I click the ad nothing happens. Is it meant to be this way? Sorry if this is a really really dumb question! isTesting is set to false if that makes a difference. Although I am also getting an error if I run the game in the editor but i believe that that is normal? This is the error;

Exception: JNI: Init'd AndroidJavaClass with null ptr!

Thanks!

5. Budgieboy

Budgieboy

God, can someone please create a decent step by step tutorial.

Is that really to much to ask? Please!

6. sebasrez

sebasrez

This step by step tutorial helped me get my ads.

I will most likely make a video of this when it is more complete because I still can't enable disable whenever I want.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  7. 3dhelsel

3dhelsel

Im having trouble Accessing the plugin. All I get is a *.php file.

8. sebasrez

sebasrez

9. 3dhelsel

3dhelsel

Same thing... Hmm. I'll try a different browser

10. DanielFox

DanielFox

Hey guys, my banner is showing up just fine but I can't click it...
    I'm testing it on a Samsung S2.

Any ideas?

11. sebasrez

sebasrez

try this

Apply the ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik fixby seawolfff, Page 17

I used your files and ads are working but I can't click the ads. Should this work? can you help me

SOLVED: this helps http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/195...-not-clickable

I just had this problem again after the 4.3 update and fixed it. I had to edit the manifest and change which Activity the ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik was called from due to a change in Unity 4.3.

Move the line:
    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDal vik" android:value="true" />

To the activity UnityPlayerProxyActivity. Aka right before the line with </Activity> like this:

Code:
    <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerProxyA ctivity" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboard Hidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|scree nLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touch screen" android:screenOrientation="landscape">

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />

</intent-filter>

<meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDal vik" android:value="true" />

</activity>

12. Budgieboy

Budgieboy

Thanks dude it worked, I think

There's a banner there but it was grey with a small with a small 'i' in the corner and It loaded up the browser when I pressed it.

I was only on crappy really slow mobile internet so I didn't bother letting it load, I'm guessing it's working though right?
    But there isn't anything on the admob account saying there was any views.

13. sebasrez

sebasrez

make sure that it is the exact admob id from you account being used. I placed it right into the script just to be sure.

14. Budgieboy

Budgieboy

"ca-app-pub-NUMBERS/NUMBERS" All that right?

What about the bundle identifier? I changed it to match what I put in Unity in the /plugins/android manifest, is that correct? if so anywhere else I need to?

Thanks again :D

15. sebasrez

sebasrez

Right, that is all correct. There might also be a lag between the admob site and app which happened to me and someone I know but it sounds like everything else is working, especially if the app isn't linked or recently linked.

16. Egisto

Egisto

Thanks DannyDan for your update of the plugin.

I've done all the changes to have admob working without the READ_PHONE_STATE permission. The Ads are showing ok but I can't disable them. I made no changes to your code, just uncomment the line DrawBannerAdvs();

The buttons appear, the ads appears too but... when I press the disable button nothing happens.

I appreciate your help.

Regards

17. alfitejedor

alfitejedor

Hi there!!

I'm having some problems trying to test the ads. I've followed all the instruction and the plugin works fine, but I would like to know how to show test banners. I edited and uncommented everything I found about testing variables and device id, but the game crashes when I launch it on my device.

Thanks in advance!!

18. shakac

shakac

Thank you man
    u saved my whole day.
    so many thank you
    thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank youthank you thank youthank you thank youthank you thank youthank you thank youthank you thank youthank you thank youthank you thank youthank you thank youthank you thank you

19. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

message received when uploading my finished APK to google play services:

Upload failed

You need to use a different package name because "com.microeyes.admob" already exists in Google Play.

anybody got a fix?

20. ckrin

ckrin

is com.microeyes.admob the packetname in your android build settings? if so, rename it to com.sheffieldlad.yourgamename

21. SatsArtsStudio

SatsArtsStudio

I now have an ad that have a Animtion, but it never goes out, it stays in the position and dont move!
    How can i hide after 2 seconds? something like that...

Thanks in Advance

22. Goliath520

Goliath520

Is there a specific animation you had planned or did you plan to just use the build in hide ad function. If you wanted to use a wait after 2 seconds you would need a IEnumerator with a waitforseconds. Something like this:

Then just call HideAdsAfterTwoSeconds when ever you want. If this isn't what you wanted, please clarify.

I also have a question. I updated some of the lines of code as suggested through out this forum but seem to be having a bit of a problem. The ads are enabled but on matter what I do, when I call to show the ads it doesn't work needless to say when it tries to hide the ads it gets stuck.

I am using "AdvertisementHandler.EnableAds("Mic_1");" and "AdvertisementHandler.ShowAds("Mic_1");" to enable and show but only enable is working. "AdvertisementHandler.ShowAds("Mic_1");" works in the unity player but it doesn't work when I test it on an android device (tried on a few), enable works on both.

The advertisement handler portion of the code looks like this:
    Any ideas?

Edit: the quote I have below fixed the problem.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  23. Goliath520

Goliath520

I just want to bring this back. I had a problem so I went back to this and fixed the problem. I feel like this post alone solves a lot of problems.

24. MicroEyes

MicroEyes

New Plugin Version will be out by next weekend with
    1. Integration with Google Play Service
    2. Interstitial Ads
    3. Callback from plugin on Ads events
    4. More control on Ads
    5. Other features Fixes.

Thanks for your support guys.
    :D

25. javanoob

javanoob

Thanks Microeyes you are a genius :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  26. Ian094

Ian094

This plug-in is awesome and sooo simple to integrate. I can't wait for the Interstitial Ads

Thanks MicroEyes :D

27. SatsArtsStudio

SatsArtsStudio

i have a problem with your plugin, i want the ad to smoothly animate in and then fade out right on time? Can someone help me!

28. SatsArtsStudio

SatsArtsStudio

Thanks, but should i just us this code in a new script?

29. SatsArtsStudio

SatsArtsStudio

I just got this error: Assets/Scripts/HideAfter2Seconds.cs(6,47): error CS1519: Unexpected symbol `HideAdsAfterTwoSeconds' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

im new in scripting....

30. SunixDev

SunixDev

Thank you very much MicroEyes and thanks to keep the work on it , very good plugin

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  31. shino-kaze

shino-kaze

Thank very much MicroEyes you save me ^^

32. kwanzai

kwanzai

I just wanted to say thanks for the very useful plugin.
    I have used it in my new game, Fast Faller, which will have your name in the credits :)

Fast Faller Homepage

Google Play - Fast Faller

I am very much looking forward to updates on this plugin.

33. javanoob

javanoob

I would like to say THANK YOU MicroEyes :) ,I am STILL using your previous plugin (other thread) and my Admob is finally showing up as paying :)

heres my little game thats doing quite nicely :) ,Hope you Enjoy it :) ,Looking forward to your latest Plugin release ,although I admit I have nooooo idea how all this admob stuff works to be honest but at least its working lol :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NonLinearGames.mak

By the way I have all my Default eCPM - USD ($) at the standard rate 0.01 I believe ,what should this be set to ? I truly am lost at this point lol ,and does it cost me to have campains and House ads ? .I wish their was a huge easy readme to all this Admob stuff ,on the plus side I have earnt about £7 so far lol ;0

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  34. bhdrygn11

bhdrygn11

Hi,
    I have a problem , when I change publisher id there is no ad

What is it ?

35. javanoob

javanoob

Hi ,me again ,question it says to set up a campain that you set a daily budget (minimum $10) stupid question does this mean I have to spend $10 every day to Admob to get a campain running ????? .Please can anyone answer this as I am confused because this sounds like a lot of layout of cash daily to be spending ..

Enter your daily budget (minimum $10). You can control the maximum amount of ad spend per day by setting a campaign daily budget for your ads.
    Each day, all ads running in your account are served until the budget you set is depleted, after which your ads are paused until the following day, or until you increase your budget or replenish the funds in your account.

totally lost now and wondering if Admob is any use at all ? ,please can someone who has been using admob give me some pointers :)

36. Thangoldaar

Thangoldaar

I can not find the download link for new version.

37. bikada

bikada

$???? 2014-05-16 4.21.01 PM.jpg

it doesnt work on my project both android and ios...
    and unable to build out to test.
    could you help he to solve this issue?
    thanks

38. haodengli

haodengli

Looking forward to the new version;)

39. Brianga

Brianga

how with this plugin add Interstitial ???
    please i need help

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  40. PerfectlyInsane

PerfectlyInsane

Man your my hero.. I tried over 8 hours to get it to work with Facebook.. Amazing it just works so easily. Just plug and play the way its meant to be.

Other than the odd bug that appears if it is run in the unity editor which no biggy,i can get around by only testing on the android device or making certain bits or whole bits disabled if running in the unity editor.

41. FrosTech

FrosTech

Waiting for the latest update for Unity 3.5 !

42. javanoob

javanoob

Can anyone please help ,me out lol ,I now have 48,000 downloads and have earnt wait for it $3 yes 3 bucks lol ^ ^ has anyone here used admob and do we have to add all the extra advertisers like Adfonic,Inmobi ,Adfalcon etc and integrate all there sdks and plugins to actually earn any money ? please give me a clue before I give up and just go for paid apps because 3 dollars for nearly fifty thousand downloads is a joke .. Anyone have a clue if Admob is any use at all or am I doing it wrong lol ,please point me to a website or something where someone explains how to actually earn some money ..

43. agustito37

agustito37

Hi,
    First, i want to thank you for the plugin, is awesome and it works prefectly. Then i want to ask you a little question, i am new with unity and admob, and i am trying to figure out how this plugin works. So my dumb question is, when i hide the ads with hideads(), are impressions incrementing when advs auto refresh? or maybe, arent advs auto refreshing when you use that function?
    Bye, thanks.

PD: sorry my bad english.

44. mntcarp

mntcarp

45. rjdfhorn2006

rjdfhorn2006

Does anyone have an issue of ads occasionally disappearing from the screen? I've tried this plugin with internet connections that aren't too great and sometimes the ads disappear. If they disappear and you click where the ads position, you'll go to the ad's website - this could be pretty annoying since the player may tap the ad's position on the screen and be redirected to the ad's website even though they don't see an ad. Anyone have any ideas about this?

46. przem997

przem997

I display advertisements from MicroEyes plugin, I change ID to my Admob.
    My advertisements are set to a specific color - orange - white
    Advertisements have my colors and other time have basic color black-and-white.
    Why sometimes I have ads not my color?
    MicroEyes include own advertisements ?

I sometimes display MicroEyes advertisements and sometimes my ads?

47. MicroEyes

MicroEyes

Dear przem997,
    For Your Information, its a plugin, for free. I do not earn anything out of it. There is no secret code. Configure plugin settings for output.
    If you think, there is any secret code, then don't use it OR come up with evidence i'll close this plugin immediately.
    And my name is MicroEyes.

48. przem997

przem997

I reply:
    My advertisements are set to a specific color - orange - white
    Advertisements have my colors and other time have basic color black-and-white.
    Why sometimes I have ads not my color?

49. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

That is probably a problem related to the recent change at AdMob, from the old to the new system, have you updated your adMob account recently ?

50. przem997

przem997

I have 2 admob account: new and old - there is the same problem.

I talked on the phone with consultant Google Admob.
    The consultant said that they have no problems with the display of color ads.
    The problem is unknown to him. He speak to me that not possible.

I wrote to the Unity and Google for subsequent verification of the case.
    I donate this plugin and I want to know what is with my advertisements.

If my legitimate concerns not confirmed, I will continue to donate this plugin.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014