Search Unity

Don't Clear Camera Flag breaks Nexus 4

Discussion in 'Android' started by KamiKaze425, Mar 1, 2013.

1. KamiKaze425

KamiKaze425

Apparently the "Don't Clear" flag on the camera does not work on the Nexus 4. You can have a simple scene. literally just a cube with one camera set to Don't Clear, and it will freak out.

On a slightly more complex game, I've had it actually crash my device.

And if you are curious why I'm using Don't Clear, it's to create an effect where it looks like the entire screen is being progressively spammed with a specific model. If I don't clear, I can create after images using one model instead of having potentially hundreds of models on the screen. It works fine on my computer and on my Nexus 7.

2. devin8

devin8

I ran into the same problem but figured out what's wrong. My scene is also quite complex having 5-6 cameras rendering simultaneously. What I was doing wrong was there were two cameras at the same depth. One was using don't clear while other was at depth only.
    My game was also running fine on PC and buggy only on Android. When I corrected the camera depths, everything worked out fine.
    Hope this helps you.

3. KamiKaze425

KamiKaze425

I had one camera set to depth only and another set to don't clear. They both had different camera depths (I was swapping between -1 vs 1, 1 vs -1, and 0 vs 0)

Glad I'm not the only one seeing an issue with the camera flags though