Search Unity

Uni2LwP : Create Live Wallpapers with Unity 3.4.2 /3.5.7/ 4.0/4.0.1

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by shinx, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnydj

johnnydj

I have the same issue as everyone else here.
    After setting the wallpaper I get a black screen. Even if I wait for the splash to load or even 1 minute.

before pressing the "set wallpaper" button

after pressing the "set wallpaper"

I would also mention that I downloaded other Live wallpapers made with uni2lwp and they have the same issue.
    Tested on S3 and Note 3, android 4.3 and 4.4.2
    The only way to set the wallpaper is to set it and when you get the black screen, restart the phone :(

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Please contact me using this form and I will help you. PS:please include the Uni2LwP invoice number.
    Thank you.

Best regards,
    Shinx

3. jwinn

jwinn

How is the stability of the current version of this extension? I was hesitant to use it a few months back because of a comment on stack overflow that said "I see a lot of Unity crashes in my error reports and my retention rate is pitiful". That was April 2013, so I assume things have improved since then. Wondering before I purchase.

4. shinx

shinx

Hello,

The message on stackoverflow is about uni2eclipse and not uni2lwp. The current version os uni2lwp is quite stable. After applying the live wallpaper (running on the home screen) uni2lwp will never crash except if the user tries to set the same live wallpaper again (known issue on the first page of this thread). That's why I created the double tap feature and are now implementing a new version that adds the live wallpaper app icon that will open the settings menu. This way, the user can disable the double tap feature and access the settings menu by clicking on the icon.

Best regards,
    Shinx

5. johnnydj

johnnydj

and also a lot of the times the user cannot set the live wallpaper after installing it, having a black screen only...

6. shinx

shinx

From the reports that I have received, that's only happening with the latest version of Android 4.4.2 and only on Samsung devices. On my Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2 everything works perfectly. I have also tryied on Xperia T and on my old device (Ascend G300) with a custom rom (also Kitkat 4.4.2) and it works.

As I said previouly, contact me using the form (please see my previous post) and I will try to help. I'm working on a new version that may already have that issue resolved :)

Best regards,
    Shinx

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  7. johnnydj

johnnydj

Will contact you sometime next week because I don't have access to my other mail.
    Thanks.

8. mapletree

mapletree

Hello shinx!

Will you consider to add support up to Unity 4.3.4? That would be the awesomnesss! I love your Uni2LwP asset, it makes things a lot easier for me so thank you so much for your hard work! 5 stars!

9. shinx

shinx

Hello,

The latest versions of Unity libraries (4.1+/4.2+/4.3+) don't support live wallpapers or daydream services. As soon as we instantiate the UnityPlayer class Unity crashes (fatal sig 11). It doesn't even reach Uni2LwP engine. This also means that only Unity can fix this. I have already submitted bug reports to Unity regarding this issue.

Best regards,
    Shinx

10. SolusNZ

SolusNZ

Just released my first Unity3D android Live Wallpaper.

It's called Moonshine, and it's a Live Wallpaper view of the Moon in it's current lunar phase.

$Untitled.png

$download.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  11. Chricken

Chricken

Hi,

I have a question about my most-loved extension:
    For my actual project I want to use Raycast to touch things. Sounds easy and should be.
    But each time, I want to try, I have to export the whole App and install it on my phone.

Is there a way to emulate touchevents with the mouse?
    That would be lovely

Thanks

PS: My last LWP on Google play.
    Free:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitschmiede.planets

Pro:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitschmiede.planetspro

12. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Yes, there is. You can use the Input class inside Update() method to detect mouse click. If you need help implementing this just contact me using the support form on my site.

Best regards,
    Shinx

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  13. BismarckKL

BismarckKL

Can you teach me how to change the SDK to 21.1,i am using 22.3, how can i downgrade to 21.1?

14. BismarckKL

BismarckKL

Can you teach me how to change the SDK to 21.1,i am using 22.3, how can i downgrade to 21.1?

15. shinx

shinx

Hello,

I have found a way to use the latest versions of Android SDK revision tools. No need to downgrade. Contact me using this form and I will send you the tutorial.
    PS: Please don't forget to include the uni2lwp invoice number.

Best regards,
    Shinx

16. akuczera

akuczera

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  17. jwinn

jwinn

Google's Android SDK versions newer than rev 21 are incompatible with Unity 4.0.1. This was fixed in later versions of Unity that are out, but until Unity makes the necessary updates so the Uni2LWP plugin can work for those newer versions of Unity, the older Android SDK is needed.

I solved by installing the older version of the SDK into a different folder (e.g. C:\Android21).
    v21 Installer: https://dl.google.com/android/installer_r21-windows.exe

Then run SDK manager in that folder to install the Android version you need (in my case, API 8 ). Then go to Edit->Preferences->External Tools and choose the folder for that version of the SDK.

What a pain. Hope that helps someone.

18. shinx

shinx

Hello,

I have found a way to use the latest versions of Android SDK revision tools. No need to downgrade. Contact me using this form and I will send you the tutorial.
    PS: Please don't forget to include the uni2lwp invoice number.

Best regards,
    Shinx

19. Chricken

Chricken

Hi,

I am sorry for having a question again.

I am trying to figure out, how to activate AdMob in my LWP.
    Unfortunately Google seems to have replaced the AdMobSDK by Google Play Services. So I can't download the SDK anymore.
    All my attempts to integrate AdMob manually didn't work, so I am asking:
    How can I use AdMob now, without the AdMobSDK - or can someone provide the SDK? That should work, too.

Regards
    Christian

20. Chricken

Chricken

Some more information:
    I have tried to follow your tutorial on how to use admob manually.
    I imported the PlayServices and followed the steps of the tutorial, in the hope, that it worked.

And I have tried the automatic way with your cxreate LiveWallpaper-Dialogue. But instead of the AdMob SDK I referenced to the google-play-services.jar.

Not very surprisingly, in both attempts the app crashed at opening the settings.

In the LogCat I have many many messages saying:
    (Filename: ./Runtime/Misc/Player.cpp Line: 1422)
    PlayerLoop played recursively
    !

And than:
    FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #10: Error inflating class com.google.ads.AdView

And many more ...

I hope, this helps at figuring out, where the problem is.

Regards
    Christian

21. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Yes, you are correct. Google has replaced AdmobSDK by Google Play services and on August 1, 2014 Google Play will stop accepting new or updated apps that use the old standalone Google Mobile Ads SDK v6.4.1 or lower. This means that we must upgrade to the Google Play version of the Mobile Ads SDK.

Unfortunately, integrating the new version with Uni2LwP is not as simple as just replacing the library file (jar) :( . I need to change the Admob template, the code (java class), the script that automatically adds Admob to the projects created with Uni2LwP and create a new tutorial that explains how to manually add the new Admob (Google Play Services) to projects that are already using the old AdmobSDK.

Implementing all of this will take some time... but I think it's better if I start by creating the tutorial (should only be finished on Saturday, 22nd). Anyone who purchased Uni2LwP and needs to update Admob can contact me at that time and I will send them the tutorial by email.

Best regards,
    Shinx

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  22. Chricken

Chricken

Hi Shinx,

again you are fast and reliable.
    Thank you for the information, it is completely cool for me to wait some days.

Regards
    Christian

23. shinx

shinx

Hello everyone,

Tutorial "How to upgrade Admob ads from old SDK to the new Google Play Services" is done :)
    Anyone who purchased Uni2LwP and/or Uni2Daydream and wants to update Admob please contact me using this form. If you already have contacted me before just send me an email and I will send the tutorial.

Best regards,
    Shinx

24. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

Hi Shinx,

Recently I upgraded my phone to Android 4.4 KitKat now I seem to have issues running wallpapers created in unity. I seem to get a blank screen when I set the wallpaper. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks.

25. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Do you have a Samsung device? If that's the case, then it's the same report I received last week from another user. Apparently it's only happening on Samsung devices running Android 4.4.2. (kitkat). Other devices with the same Android version, Nexus 5 (stock rom), Nexus 4 and 7, Xperia T and Huawei (using custom rom Kikat 4.4.2) are working fine.
    This means that Samsung has changed something on Android 4.4.2 that prevents live wallpapers with Unity from working correctly.

I'm still working on the uni2lwp engine and changing some stuff related to the syncronization of gl threads that may help with this issue and also greatly improve the success rate of applying the live wallpaper sucessfully. If you do have a Galaxy device running stock rom (4.4.2) and if you are willing to help me test the new engine please email me.

Best regards,
    Shinx

26. NEONFIVE

NEONFIVE

27. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

Hello,

Yes, it a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Thanks for letting me know about the problem, I was worried that it was only me with this issue.

Regards.

28. _Tauti_

_Tauti_

Hey. Please help understand why not working code.
    HomeSwitch:
    Code (csharp):
    2. ...
    3.  public GameObject Snow;
    4. ...
    5. public void Awake()
    6.     {
    7.         Snow = GameObject.FindWithTag("SnowTag");    
    8.     }
    9.     public void Update()
    10.     {      
    11.         EnableSnow(ToString());
    12.     }
    13. ...
    14.  public void EnableSnow(string opt)
    15.     {
    16.         bool bsnow;
    17.         // opt = "yes"; // check string opt
    18.         if (opt == "yes")
    19.             bsnow = true;
    20.         else
    21.             bsnow = false;
    22.         Snow.active = bsnow;
    23.     }
    wallpaper_settings.xml

Code (csharp):
    2. <CheckBoxPreference
    3.         android:defaultValue="true"
    4.         android:key="Snow"
    5.         android:summary="@string/SnowSummary"
    6.         android:title="@string/SnowTitle"/
    strings.xml
    Code (csharp):
    2. <string name="SnowTitle">Snow</string>
    3.     <string name="SnowSummary">Enable or disable snow</string>
    java code
    Code (csharp):
    2. ...
    3. private boolean bsnow = true;
    4. ...
    5. bsnow = this.pPrefs.getBoolean("Snow", true);
    7.         if (bsnow)
    8.             UnityPlayer.UnitySendMessage("Main Camera", "EnableSnow", "yes");
    9.         else
    10.             UnityPlayer.UnitySendMessage("Main Camera", "EnableSnow", "no");
    if uncomment line "// opt = "yes"; // check string opt" script works in editor. After compiling and installing mobile phone checkbox Snow changes nothing. Seems not pass variable "yes" or "no" from java script

29. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Please contact me using this form and I will help you.

Best regards,
    Shinx

30. mzg

mzg

I just bought your plugin through paypal. Please check and send me the package, thanks. [p.jaszczyk at gmail . com]

31. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Please check your email.

Best regards,
    Shinx

32. akuczera

akuczera

Do you have news? Got reports from Samsung and Android 4.4 it wouldn't work :(

33. shinx

shinx

Hi,

Sorry, still nothing. From the log reports that I received, Samsung devices (with KitKat 4.4.2) aren't calling the required methods of the live wallpaper life cycle. Aparently they don't call the second onSurfaceCreated method when the user applies the live wallpaper. If this is really the case (can't test myself because I don't have a Galaxy device) then only Samsung can fix this with the new version of Android (4.4.3).
    This is not a KitKat bug because everything works on my devices running Android 4.4.2 (Nexus 5 with stock rom and Huawei with custom rom). This is only happening on Samsung devices with that specific version.

Do you have reports from other devices other than Samsung?

Best regards,
    Shinx

34. akuczera

akuczera

I will send you later today a mail with logs.

35. yaapelsinko

yaapelsinko

Hello.

I'm trying to mate Uni2Lwp project with an custom gesture detection. So I'm adding an GestureOverlayView instance in project, like in this tutorial.

The problem is I don't know what to use instead of this:
    Code (csharp):
    1. View inflate = getLayoutInflater().inflate(R.layout.main, null);
    2. gestureOverlayView.addView(inflate);
    Is there any layout or view in LWP running on screen? Or can I simulate one?

36. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Please contact me using this form and I will help you.

Best regards,
    Shinx

37. yaapelsinko

yaapelsinko

There is an 'product invoice number (required)'. Can't figure out where to get it. If I've bought plugin trough Asset Store, where can I look that number?

38. shinx

shinx

Hi,

You can find the invoice number inside the PDF file that unity sent you when you purchased Uni2LwP on the Asset Store.
    Alternately, you can also find it if you login into your Unity Account here : https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/ After that, click on your name (top right of the screen) and every asset that you purchased will be there, including uni2lwp invoice number.

Best regards,
    Shinx

39. akuczera

akuczera

You got mail. It looks like it is only Android 4.3, 4.4 and not only on Samsungdevices out of 5.000 installations and 2.200 active installations. I also don't know whether it's my fault.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  40. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Please check your email. I think most of your reports (if not all) are related to the known issue.

Best regards,
    Shinx

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  41. inz

inz

Hello, I have a problem with Uni2LWP.. on some phones the texture appears black. How can i fix this?

42. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Please contact me using this form and I will try to help you.

Best regards,
    Shinx

43. hiten

hiten

I am Very much Interested to buy But can this is work on Unity 4.3.4 ? ?

44. shinx

shinx

Hi,

No, it doesn't work. The latest versions of Unity libraries (4.1+/4.2+/4.3+) don't support live wallpapers or daydream services. As soon as we instantiate the UnityPlayer class Unity crashes (fatal sig 11). It doesn't even reach Uni2LwP engine. This also means that only Unity can fix this. I have already submitted bug reports to Unity regarding this issue.

Best regards,
    Shinx

45. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

Hello Shinx,

Thought I let you know, I tried to run a lwp created using Unity on third party launcher on my Galaxy Note 3 Kitkat 4.4. On wallpaper launch it doesn't load, only shows the black screen but if I restart the device then the lwp starts as normal.

Regards.

46. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. That means that the live wallpaper service is still running and the live wallpaper itself doesn't crash. That's consistent with the reports I previously received.
    Google is about to update Android to version 4.4.3 (on Nexus 5)and soon after I believe that Samsung will do the same. Let's hope that this issue will automatically be fixed.

Best regards,
    Shinx

47. akuczera

akuczera

Hi, I've started a new project and wanted to build a gyroscope. Before I play around with the camera I wanted to ask whether there will maybe be a tutorial in this regard.

48. yaapelsinko

yaapelsinko

Here is FATAL SIGNAL 11 again. As I've seen, here was some reports about it.
    Reproducing on Nexus 7 4.4.2 device (which I've been reported about), as well as on any 4.4.2 emulators (which I was testing after report).

Situation is next - I'm creating new clear AVD, just loading application on it through Eclipse, the go to wallpapers, etc, selecting my application. In preview it loading and running normally, then, when I try to set wallpaper, app crashes. It crashes first time I'm trying to set wallpaper, not second. And crashes only on Android 4.4.2.

But one thing - it wasn't so from beginning. Previous version of application worked better. Crash incidents was possible when you trying to set wallpaper while it was still loading in preview mode, but after loading it could be set normally. Can't figure out, what particularly was changed between versions that could bring this. In one app I've started to use Resources.Load() method to load resources from disk at runtime in that last problematic version. But then I've tested another app, where the scene is loading completely from very beginning and is not changed at all. Both are loading in preview normally and crashing first time I'm trying to set it.

Was anyone successful fighting it?

49. yaapelsinko

yaapelsinko

An addition to previous post. I've found that on Android 4.4.2 I still can set my live wallpaper up if I press "set wallpaper" button FAST, just right when it appears and actual wallpaper isn't even started to load (when there is no logo, just black screen).

50. akuczera

akuczera

A customer has reported that the live background did work after a reboot of the device (S4 Android 4.4.2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.