Search Unity

Problem loading unity web player on IE10 on windows 8.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by UnityCoder, Feb 22, 2013.

1. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Hey Guys,

I just installed windows 8 64 bit on my system, also installed unity web player. But when i tried to launch a web player on ie 10 it always ask me to install unity web player. I uninstalled and install unity web player 5 times but no luck. For cross checking i tried on firefox and google chrome its works fine. So i googled it and i found a thread that some one suggested you have to installed 64 bit version of unity web player. So i also tried that. But still no luck. So anybody faced same problem in past or may be some one having any solution then please tell me what is wrong with me.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

For testing purpose I made one .exe in .net in windows 7. I used webbrowser component to play unity web player in that .exe. I took that .exe in windows 8 to check if its working or not. I open unity web player in that .net made .exe and in that .exe work perfectly.

So I m totally confused that why its not working on IE 10.

Please can anyone having solution?

3. CreativeChris

CreativeChris

Unity Technologies

We have two known issues with Windows 8 WebPlayer and browser compatibility, it's in regards to needing to launch IE from the desktop mode and not metro / tiles interface and ensure your using 32-bit version. Looks like you've already solved the 64-bit issue, so now all I can suggest is ensure your using IE from desktop mode.

If you want to test 64-bit version, checkout this post:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/153599-64-bit-WebPlayer-availability

Thanks,
    Chris

4. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Thank you very much CreativeChris,

I already reffered that link you provided and download that 64 bit version. But after installing that version even i didnt able to play unity web player on desktop browser on windows 8. Finally i found solution from adobe sites, some one suggested that from tools menu of browser i have to uncheck ActiveX filtering. After doing that now unity web player works fine.