Search Unity

KGFCameraSystem [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

KGFCameraSystem
    We just released version 1.0 of our out of the box orbit camera system for unity3d.

It is perfect for architectural visualizations and any kind of follower camera applications.

$0_orbitcam_title.png

Links:

Features:

• 2 Step Integration: Drag your KGFCameraSystem into your scene, assign a target and your good to go.
    • Multiplatform Support: KGFCameraSystem works on IOS, Android, PC, OSX and Web.
    • Detailed documentation: Step by step quickstart tutorials, demo scenes
    • Fast support: Get fast answers on the KGF forum the unity3d forum or by mail support.
    • Multitarget Support: Switch smoothly between different targets in your scene and watch the camera move around.
    • Customization: Lots of tweakable parameters to optimize for your needs
    • Easily Usable: Apply new values with a simple button click
    • Usability: Nicely structured editor view with self explaining parameters.
    • Nice Animations: The KGFCameraSystem creates smooth, nice looking animations and allows zooming and rotation with variable speeds.
    • Set position directly: Want to move directly from GameObject to GameObject? Define any gameobject as new camera positions.
    • Rotation: Use either quaternions or euler angles for the rotation, which ever suits you more.
    • Input: Use any input axes to control the camera movement.
    • Visualization: All your parameters can be seen in realtime and are visualized by gizmos.
    • Follow the target: The KGFCameraSystem can also follow its targets position and rotation smoothly
    • Look at: Assign an independent lookat target to follow one object but look at another at the same time
    • Collision: Collision detection works out of the box and always keeps your target in sight.
    • Gyroscope: The camera adjusts its position to the ground which adds more dynamic to your game.
    • Clean and well documented C# API All features can be accessed by public methods and events.
    • Regular Updates: We are reacting on bugs as well as on user feature request.

Video:

(The content showed in the video below is not part of the package!! This is a video of an architectural visualization project we created using the KGFCameraSystem)

Screenshots:
    $screenshots.jpg

Checkout the asset store link for more screenshots!

Funding:
    Fundet by ZIT - Die Technologieagentur der Stadt Wien GmbH by the means of the city of vienna
    $zit_logo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  2. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Can work with playmaker?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi, we have just submitted version 1.1 including playmaker support.
    So just waiting for unity3d to approve..:)
    See the screenshot below:

$playmaker.png

4. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Thanks for reply.Screenshot is missing?

5. kenshin

kenshin

Very nice work!

I tested your demo and I have a couple of question:
    1) is possible to use your script to create a simple orbit camera (like the one for the "LeftTower") without any automatic return to the starting position?

2) is possible create orbit camera that move only horizontally or vertically?

Character and point and click navigation is a real cool feature, but in the webdemo sometime is not well synchronized with the character and then she slide instead of walking.

Kenshin

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

HI devang_xprt. Cant you see theh screenshot in my above answer? I can see it so it seems to be there. The screenshot with "Playmaker Support tile"

However version 1.1 is already approved by unity so you can checkout the playmaker support yourself. Just ask if you need something else.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Kenshin,

1) Not returning to the start position is the default behaviour. We added an extra script to the webdemo that is resetting the settings when you release the right mousbutton. So the answer to your question is yes it is possible, what you want is anyway the default behaviour.

2) Yes it is. As you can see in the later part of the demo video you can use separate limits for horizontal and vertical rotation. So you can create a camera that will move only horizontaly, only verticaly, no rotation, or 180 degree horizontally but only 45 degree vertically and any other combinations.

3) OK thank you. We will try to reproduce and repair it.

Michal

8. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

OK,i can see in Firefox ,missing in chrome.

9. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

we use 3ds max camera animation in unity,but face some problems when we have to provide user interaction,can your package give us facility to mix scripted (user interaction) camera movement and 3ds max exported camera movement.And can give smooth result.

Dev

10. kenshin

kenshin

Thanks for your answers!

Just another question: is possible to define a custom rotation range? (for example horizontal (-20,+20))

Kenshin

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Kenshin,

Yes it is! For example you can limit your horizontal rotation to -20, +20 degree and the vertical rotation from +80,-45 if you want. You will also see gizmos in
    the scene that will show you the limits wile changing them. Just watch the video from second 55 to the end. It shows this functionality very nicely.

Michal

12. kenshin

kenshin

Cool, this is my next purchase!

Kenshin

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi devan_xprt

Yes this is possible. You can import a path from 3ds max and create a gameObject that will follow this path. You can assign this gameObject as a target of the KGFOrbitCamera so it will smoothly follow it when you start your path animation. At the same time you can rotate the KGFOrbitCamera wihtin the limits you have configured.

You can also animate the lookat target along a imported path if you want. But you still will be able to rotate the camera arount if you have not disabled the rotation in the inspector.

You can even switch the camera at runtime from one moving/rotating target to an other moving/rotating target.
    So the answer is yes, you can use predefined imported animations combined with user interaction in any way you like.

Smoothness: If your framerate is OK the system behaves smooth

Michal

14. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Thanks for your reply.

15. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Interesting camera system...bookmarked!
    Max

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

18. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

i bought your package,when move one place to other place i want to add my custom camera animation,now automatic camera move one place to other place.

Dev

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi devan,

How exactly have you planned to add your own animations?

One way to mix preloaded animations with the KGFCameraSystem interaction would be to import your animation (for example an camera path) and move an empty gameobject along this animated path. Then just make this empty gameobject (which is animated by your imported animation) the root object of the KGFOrbitCam. Make sure to set the itsLinkTargetPosition and itsLinkTargetRotation values to true so the KGFOrbitCam will follow your animated GameObject.

While the KGFOrbitCam is moving along your path you still will be able to interact and rotate the camera inside your preset rotation limit.

Is this answering your question? Feel free to ask any time.

20. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi we just added a new video showing the KGFCameraSystem in action:

(The content showed in this video is not part of the package!!! It shows an architectural visualization project we created using the KGFCameraSystem!)

Hope you like it!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  21. kenshin

kenshin

Hi,

using this asset in the same project with your debug console generate a couple of errors:
    1- Assets/kolmich/KGFCore/KGFEvent/scripts/KGFEvent.cs(304,81): error CS1501: No overload for method `GetObjects' takes `1' arguments
    2- Assets/kolmich/KGFCore/KGFGUIUtility/scripts/controls/KGFGUIObjectList.cs(193,28): error CS1061: Type `KGFGUIDataTable' does not contain a definition for `EventSettingsChanged' and no extension method `EventSettingsChanged' of type `KGFGUIDataTable' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Please, can you fix it?

22. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Kenshin,

Hm. I checked this, you are right.
    The console was not updated for a very long time so it is using an older KGFCore version. Sorry for that. I will upload a fixed version tomorrow in the morning.

Again, sorry. Best wishes,

Michal

23. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

thanks for reply,Can u give me some example scene?my problem, i import animation,animation playing good,but same time i cant not camera rotate and zoom,when i set(its start zoom) to 0

dev

24. kenshin

kenshin

Ok, no problem.

Just to be sure problem is with KGFDebug.

is there any issue with KGFMapSystem?

Thanks
    Kenshin

25. kenshin

kenshin

Now is perfect! Thanks for the quick support.

Kenshin

26. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Kenshin,

We just submitted the repaired KGFConsole to the assetstore. I will inform you when unity3d accept it.

It is also compatible with the KGFCore v 1.2 now. KGFDebug and KGFMapSystem were already updated, so they already work with KGFCore version 1.2
    Hope this will solve your problem. If you need something contact me any time.

You can also use our forum-> www.kolmich.at/forum and/or contact us directly at support@kolmich.at

Best wishes,

Michal

27. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi devan,

We can create a demo scene for you but we can do this next week. This week we have to release a new KGFMapSystem version.

Setting the start zoom to zero is not a good idea. An orbitcam will always needs at least a small distance to itsRoot object.

In the meantime you can try it this way:

1) Open the quickstart_demo scene
    2) Import your animation path into the scene
    3) Create an empty gameObject and make it follow your animation path.
    4) Simply change the itsRoot GameObject of the KGFOrbitCamSettings_3rdPerson to your empty gameObject.
    5) Place the KGFOrbitCam at the same position your emty gameObject. (So they can start at the same point)
    5) The KGFOrbitCam will follow your animated gameObject from start instead of following the character.
    6) You will still be able to move the camera around.
    7) Change the itsLinkTargetPositionSpeed and itsLinkTargetRotationSpeed to adjust the following speed of the KGFOrbitcam to your needs.

Is this helping you?

Best wishes, Michal

28. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

thanks for all your help,i followed all the steps mentioned above. still no success, i have attached unity package,for your look,inside package you will find a camera exported from max and unity camera which follows max camera.

please provide solution for this.

i do some stupid mistake,plz help me.,plz reply asap.

Thanks in advance.

Dev

View attachment $camera animation.unitypackage

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi devan. I looked at your package. Its very simple:

1) Open your project.
    2) Drag drop your animated camera into the scene.
    3) The animated object in your prefab is the camera_006->Camera001->Camera.
    4) Delete all components from this object. (Flare, GUI, AudioListener and Camera!) and rename this object fro Camera to pathFollower
    5) Drag and drop a KGFOrbitCam prefab into your scene.
    6) Make sure the position of the KGFOrbitCam is exactly the same as of the pathFollower object.
    7) Drag drop the pathFollower object into the itsRoot member in the itsRoot section.
    8) Open the itsZoom section of KGFOrbitCam and adjust zoom to: start 1.5, min 1, max 2
    9) Open the itsInput section and enable input.
    10) You can also adjust your rotation limits if you want.

Press play. The pathFollower objects now is animated by your 3ds animation. The KGFOrbitCam is following this object with the speed given in itsRoot->itsTransformLinkPositionSpeed and itsRoot->itsTransformLinkRotationSpeed. You can move the camera if you have enabled the input and adjusted the rotation limits.

I can send you a sample back but please send me an email, i cant post the KGFCameraSystem here in the forum :)

Best wishes,

Michal

30. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

Thanks for your great support,Thanks for the awesome plugin!

dev

31. resheez

resheez

can you make it available for 3.5 version...??

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi reshez,

We are not planning to release the KGFCameraSystem for 3.5. We did this with the KGFMapSystem and its really very uncomfortable to maintain two different versions of a product. Sorry.

You can buy it using the 4.0 indie version and then only copy the scripts to a 3.5 version. You can create two prefabs for the KGFOrbitCam and the KGFOrbitcamSettings and the system will work out of the box in 3.5. But you will not be able to use the demo scene or the demo character.

Best wishes,

Michal

33. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

Hi
    After i got your map system i searched for your other asset :)
    i like this camera system, my game is 3rd person view and i already got a script ruining good but i want a script with this kind of power and Play Maker Actions are a must for me.
    my questions before i buy it :
    1- can i make the character move to the direction the camera is looking at ? so he will rotate as i rotate the camera unless he is standing still.
    2- can we move the camera so its off the center of the player like to the right a bit or left (offset) ?
    Thanks again for this, i think i am going to buy ALL of your asset :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  34. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi mrbdrm,

1) Happy you like it! :) -> unity just approved v2.2, Is it working for you as expected? Do you need some support?
    2) I'm not completely sure if i understood your question correctly, but the idea behing the KGFCameraSystem is that the camera is attached to an orbiter that is following the character. We also provided a character + controller with our demo scene, but this was only for demonstration purposes. You can use the included character + controller but you can also use the KGFCameraSystem with any other character.

So if you want you can rotate the orbiter around the character (This is a feature of the KGFOrbitCam). But you can also disable the rotation feature of the KGFOrbitCam and just make the orbiter to follow smooth your character. In this case you will control your character rotation by a script and the camera will follow the character.

So its always like this: You control the character and the orbiter is following the character in its position and rotation. If you want you can change the rotation. But it is not working that way that the character is rotating and moving depending on the camera..

I know its hard to describe, do you know what i mean? Have you checked out both demos?

3) OFFSET: Sure, as already said the orbiter is following your character, or any child object of the character that is having an offset to the character.
    You can also define an additional lookat target for the camera, so the orbiter can orbit around one target and look at an other. In most cases we create two child objects in the character: One is named KGFOrbitCamRoot and one is named KGFOrbitCamTarget. We attach the orbiter to the root object and assign the KGFOrbitCamTarget as lookat target. You can then configure nearly every possible 3rd person view by moving this two objects around and adjusting the root and target following speeds...

Maybe the KGFCameraSystem is also little bit more difficult to understand than the KGFMapSystem, cause you really have lots of configuration possibilities, and you should really know what each parameter is doing. I think we have a really good documentation on this but, of course its easier to understand such a complex system if you created it yourself :)

But: We will surely help you to integrate it if you need any help.

4) Buy all of our assets: :) Hehe yes please do this! Mostly people buy KGFMapSystem, KGFCameraSystem and KGFDebug. We also just released the very cool KGFSkyBox that is reducing drawcalls when rendering skyboxes! Very nice on older mobile devices...

OK, so this was a long answer :)

If you have any questions, just ask, make sure to read our KGFCameraSystem documentation and try both demos before buying it!

Best wishes,

Michal

35. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

Thanks for the detailed replay
    i will get it today :)
    i just want you to know the main reason i am switching from my current camera system is the PlayMaker Actions your system got and lots of configuration possibilities is needed for sure :)

36. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

Hey i am having a problem where the camera "flip" when the player is not moving, but when i move around everything is good.
    i didn't check the its look at since the player is the target.
    another issue is i want to make the camera on the right side of the player, i tried adding a game object and making it a child of the player and position it on his shoulder, however when the player rotate the game object " target" will be on the other side of the player and the camera will have the player on center of the screen, i hope you understand me :)
    my point is how can we set a fixed target to the right or left of the player all the time no mater the player rotation like 10-Z units offset no mater if the Y is 0 or 180.

37. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi mrbdrm,

1) :) I'm not really sure if i understand what you mean with the flip. Do you mean the camera rotates around its z axis when you move it up down?
    2) I'm also here not completely sure what you mean :) I think you want to have your camera always attached to the character and rotating with it. Additionally you want your camera to look not on the character but right of him?

Maybe you know a game or a visualization having the camera behaviour you want (youtube video), so i can lookat at it? If you can tell us exactly what you want, you can send us a demo scene to support@kolmich.at and we will configure your camera exactly to this behaviour.

Best wishes,

Michal

38. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

1- i have found the problem cause, in "its Rotation ->its Left Right ->its Use Limits = uncheck"
    if you rotate the camera now it will reach a point where it will flip upside down.
    2 here is a similar camera position that i found a video of it in youtube: (3:20 - 3:30)

Notice that no matter where the player is facing, the camera is still to the right of the player.
    you can't achieve that by adding a child object to the player and positioning it to the right of the player

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  39. Deleted User

Deleted User

40. kenshin

kenshin

mmh really interesting! :)
    When you will release it?

Your framework is really cool :)

41. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

1- it's fixed :)
    2- i don't know about a character module since i am using mecanim to control my player, i also see one request on the support forums asking for the target offset feature, if your busy and can't code it tell me how to achieve this: get the offset of the root target in the X axis relative to its world position not local position.
    i will use playmaker.

42. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi kenshin,

Happy you like our framework. We spend really lots of time in developing and documenting it.:)

KGFCharacter: This is a really good question.
    While developing our framework we figured out that most users love simple and easy modules. The KGFCharacterSystem is lets say quite "complex". It can do a lot of things like automatic path finding, point and click navigation, 3rd person shooter like in the video posted by mrdbm and tons of more stuff, but you really have to have some unity skills to use this module..

So at the moment our problem is that this is an all in one character solution. And maybe the better aproach would be 4 different character modules for all the different needs out there..

I'm pretty sure it will take at least 2 or 3 month before we will release this.

Best wishes,

Michal

43. Jimww

Jimww

44. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Hi,

Work with unity 4.2.4???

45. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Jimww,

kolmich.at seems to work again. Sorry it seems that i was sleeping while you reported this.
    We already tried to include the html documentation to our products, but unity do not allow to include .zip archives to asset store products. This is pita cause our documentation tool cannot export to .pdf, So unfortunately you will have to depend on the online docs until we find some other solution to this.

46. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Play_Edu,

Yes worsk with unity 4.2.0f4
    Best wishes,

Michal

47. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Hi,

Thanks for ans.It working unity 4.2.0f4... sorry i'll forgot something to tell you. i import this pkg in win 8 but it give me some error if you have win 8 pleases check it out'

Best wishes,
    Play_edu

48. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Any update

49. Logiquefloue

Logiquefloue

Hello,

I bought your system and I two questions:
    1 / In the demo "2", there is a "Draw" function. This function is intergré in your system?

2 / The camera can have paths straight (non-circular)?

Thank you for your answers.

50. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Logiquefloue,

1) Do you mean the drag function? The drag functionality is not part of the camera system. I'm not sure cause the last time i worked on the demo 2 project is long time ago, but i think we really drag the geometry in the orthogonal views.

2) The KGFCameraSystem is an orbiting camera system that is usually attached to a root object where it can orbit around it. You can change the root object at runtime so the camera will animate procedurally between different root objects as demonstrated in demo 1. You can also make a gameobject follow an itween path and set this gameobject as root of the KGFOrbitCam. In this case the camera will move along the path and you will still have the posibility to rotate it if you want.

Is this answering your question?

Best wishes,

Michal