Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Great news!!

2. Emowor89

Emowor89

hi zerano i have created a rabbit AI but the rabbit don't flee form my player.Can you please help me or any body else to fix the problem?
    I'm using the version 2.0.8 of you're kit.
    Aswell i uploaded the ai file on my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xv0ki80i1j1pcoo/RabbitAI.bytes

thanks

3. Morphius68

Morphius68

Hi Zerano. Having issues with the pathfinding. Each time I lay down a path on my terrain and run the game, the AI just wonders off and gets stuck. When I go back to the editor, all the waypoint have moved from where I initially set them. Each time I reset them and run the game, same issue. Is this a bug?

4. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Zerano had a death in the family so he will be out for a week or so. He said he is not sure if he will have internet access.

5. Morphius68

Morphius68

No worries - thanks for letting me know. Sorry Zerano ...

6. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hmm, i had no problem, does anyone else experienced this?

7. goldencruz

goldencruz

so any eta on the rpg 2.1 module system since there is a bugs with ngui system with 2,0

8. BBlolas

BBlolas

Hi Zerano in Unity 3d 4.3 and higher you're complete editors don't work any more for example the AI editor...
    you can't fill nothing any more in the variables like animation. I need to work with unity 3d 4.3.They have the new 2d system and a lot of bugfixes.
    What can i do to get it to work?
    I think that many here has the same problem.:(

9. Morphius68

Morphius68

Hi,

I'll try the pathfinding again and let you know then. Couple of other questions:

1) Is there a way (or how do you) change a players attribute (like damage, health etc) from script?
    2) How do we get updates of RPG Kit as you roll out new versions - Do you email purchasers?

Thanks

10. Morphius68

Morphius68

I'm on 2.0.2 but notice on other posts some people are running 2.0.8? Asked earlier on this, but how does the update process work? Would like to be on the latest code base?

11. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, you can just download the kit from my website or if you have the full version, you can get svn access. The version 2.0.9 is already out for some time.
    Version 2.1 will take some more time...

12. thedreamer

thedreamer

In the future.. Someday do you have any plan to optimize for mobile?

13. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes, i try already to take care about it.

I have integrated the latest version of paid NGUI with version 2.0.9. So if someone needs it, please pm me. I integrated it in both full and lite version, so based on your license you will get the latest rpg kit version with the integration of NGUI paid.

14. Tethys

Tethys

Greetings developers,

Hey we are having this issue with something I think I have missed but cannot find it. We set up a bunch of new mobs in the last couple weeks and noticed that they see the players fine, they come to attack us and play their attack animation but cannot seem to connect. We dont get any miss message either, just endless attack and no hitting. Now I noticed if I can get underneath the enemy and if they stand on top of my head, they can hit me. Sorry to bother just looking for another pair of "eyes" on it as I've been staring at it for a while now but seem to be missing something. Thanks in advance if you know the answer to this. :)

15. Emowor89

Emowor89

Zerano has a Bad Support he dont answer every question so i think i will not recomand the kit to my friends . Bbolas aswell as i asked him for help but he dont answer. I asked him what i can do to get it to work with unity 4.3.4 but he answer other question.Every Support i Seen so far was ok but not this one. Atleast the Others answer the help call and not ignore it.how difficoult could it be to look inside the ai of that guy? I would do it and help him and i'm not the owner of that kit.If he should have deleted the ai file create one from
    I await You're reply.

16. DevionGames

DevionGames

You are right, i am not doing this as my main job. If the support takes longer, i need to see when i can do it, which will be mostly on weekend evenings.
    Please write me a pm with a link to your ai and also your paypal transaction code to verify the purchase and i will take a look at it on weekend.

Thanks

17. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Dialogue System for Unity v1.2.2 was just submitted to the Asset Store. It includes support for RPG Kit 2.0, making it easy to add barks and branching conversations to your NPCs. It's also available for immediate download on the Pixel Crushers customer download site. (PM me your invoice number if you need access.)

18. Morphius68

Morphius68

Hi All,

Can anyone help on this:

1) Is there a way (or how do you) change a players attribute (like damage, health etc) from script?
    2) Can you assign a sound to any AI states - ie, when an enemy dies you trigger a death sound? Be good if this could be added to the Dead State?

Any help appreciated!

19. treshold

treshold

Check out my previous post http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/169167-RPG-Kit-2-0/page48?p=1568311&viewfull=1#post1568311
    for altering players attribute, i made simple "survival" script with hunger and thirst with it

20. Morphius68

Morphius68

Ah - great! Many thanks!

21. Morphius68

Morphius68

Hey Zerano,

If you're on a mount (ie horse) and you go into water (with the swim script attached), unity goes into a loop and throws errors re: thirdpersoncamera etc.

Guess the script needs to disable the mount before switching to the swim anim?

Cheers, Steve

BTW: The bug reporter in Unity fails too ;-)

22. Morphius68

Morphius68

Hi,

Bought the new version of this today with the new RPG Kit support but I have a question! Maybe doing something wrong but I have a scene with NPCs barking. All is fine, with the barks appearing ok, but rotatin the camera (player) shows the barks still appearing behind me, not with the NPC? Any ideas?

Cheers

23. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi Morphius68, I just replied on the Dialogue System thread, but for those reading here, there's a patch available on the customer download site. If you need access, please PM me your invoice number.

24. syb3rpunktv

syb3rpunktv

Hello want to know how to do this i want the Third person camera to do first person and the mouse click for stuff to become the F key for everything im trying to make a rpg rts fps hybrid i know how things work just every time i try editing the stuff i brakes

in the game is a sci-fi fps rpg open world with guns heavisting crafting and stuff just need to change some stuff can you help

25. TonyLi

TonyLi

Dialogue System for Unity users:

The patch mentioned above was rolled into the latest release of the Dialogue System (v1.2.3). The Dialogue System's updated RPG Kit 2.0 integration package also adds new sequencer commands RPGKitOpenShop() and RPGKitOpenQuest() and lets you specify amounts for the RPGKitAddItem() and RPGKitRemoveItem() commands. Happy dialogue writing!

26. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

Does this support mecanim ?

27. DevionGames

DevionGames

Currently no, sorry. I am working on it.

28. JordanPickett

JordanPickett

This might be a dumb question but I was wondering if there's any way to set up armor to swap out in a way similar to World of Warcraft or Everquest does. How the material changes without swapping out the mesh. Thanks for any info!

29. fhl41

fhl41

Zerano i purchased yesterday the rpg kit 2.0 i downloaded it three times but the last ten minutes it failes to download i tryed with firefox and internet explorer, is it maybe corrupted :(

30. DevionGames

DevionGames

No it is not currupted, but a few people had problems downloading it because of the size. You can get SVN access to download it, this worked out for all people who had this problem. Just write me a pm or email with a username and password, that you would like to use and i will setup the access for you and send you the checkout url.

31. nerdslayer

nerdslayer

hello just buy you rpg kit and im really mad because when i change the free gui to the full my camera system dont want to change to click so i buy 2 pack for absolutely nothing i send you a message on youtube you never anwser me help me to fix the camerea system after the gui change and tell me how to change the camera default ty for reply this time

32. nerdslayer

nerdslayer

do i need to buy your rpg kit again ?

33. DevionGames

DevionGames

No.

Here is a fix solution:

1. Open the script ChangeMovementType.cs and make the only availible method public.
    2. Open the "PreLoad" scene.
    3. Navigate to the "GameSettings" window in the child's of the Interface transform.
    4. Select the Popup List child transform of the GameSettings window.
    5. Drag and Drop the Popup List transform into the OnValueChanged field of NGUI.
    6. Select the method OnControllerChange.
    7. As an argument drag and drop the Popup List ato the Arg0 field.
    8. Select UIPopupList.value

34. Tethys

Tethys

Ahh thx Zerano. I actually got Aaron over at NGUI to help me fix mine as hes pretty good with answering support questions within 24 hours. :p

35. Tethys

Tethys

Greetings fellow developers,

Has anyone who is using this kit for their projects had to create a way for characters to start with some gear? We are getting ready to tackle that task next week and I wanted to probe you guys a bit first to see if it had already been done. Anywho, thx, happy Friday and I hope you are all doing well on your projects.

36. DevionGames

DevionGames

What do you mean? Cloth and weapons?

37. Tethys

Tethys

Hey Zerano! :)

Yeah, we want to start our players with a basic set of tools already in their inventory to help them get started - hammer, axe, a torch and maybe some food.

38. DevionGames

DevionGames

This should not be that difficult, i know i had it before in some of my test. I would add a new item list to the character asset and add those items to the inventory on first spawn.

39. Tethys

Tethys

Hey fellows,

My dedicated programmer is working on other more important stuff so I thought I would try my hand at fixing some of the swimming issues.

I was trying to add jumping or moving up and down back into the swimming mode. I edited the code as such (Im a newb so up for suggestions)

**UPDATED**
    Code in question from ThirdPersonMovement.cs:

if (isSwimming)
    {
    if (playerAnimation [character.swim.name] != null)
    {
    playerAnimation [character.climbLadder.name].wrapMode = WrapMode.Loop;
    playerAnimation.CrossFade (character.swim.name);

}
    if (normalizedRotationSpeed > 0.3f || normalizedRotationSpeed < -0.3f)
    {
    transform.RotateAround (Vector3.up, Time.smoothDeltaTime * GameManager.Player.Character.characterMotor.rotationSpeed * normalizedRotationSpeed);
    }
    if (normalizedMovementSpeed > 0.3f)
    {
    characterController.Move (direction * 3 * Time.deltaTime);
    }

if (Input.GetKey (ControllerType == ControllerType.Normal ? GameManager.DefaultControllerSettings.jumpKey : GameManager.MouseRotatedControllerSettings.jumpKey))
    {

gravityDirection.y += character.characterMotor.jumpHeight * Time.deltaTime;
    gravityDirection.y = Mathf.Clamp (gravityDirection.y, 0, 10);
    //Move the controller to the gravity direction
    characterController.Move (gravityDirection * 1 * Time.deltaTime);

}

if (Input.GetKey (GameManager.DefaultControllerSettings.walkLeft))
    {

ApplyGravity();

}
    return;
    }

Hopefully this was ok to show this code in public, if not let me know and I will remove it stat. I think I should tie the sinking on strafe right as well - however a challenge will be how to set it for mouse rotated mode. Thanks in advance if anyone has any feedback on this.

Also, I was wondering, was there ever a container that saves items added to it the RPG Framework? I haven't updated in ages so was not sure if this ever happened. If not then maybe you guys could add it to the list or extend item container to have a tick box option for save mode that saves anything put into the chest (which then of course could maybe be extended for the housing system as well so items placed in houses are saved as well).

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  40. treshold

treshold

I asked same thing from Zerano and he said container that saves items will be on next update.

41. goldencruz

goldencruz

I am using the new rpg that is updated with gui update but I am having problems with the game setting with the mouse and click setting there both not working and I not sure how to fix this problem anyone have an idea please

42. DevionGames

DevionGames

Please add a layer at position 8 with the name UI.

Here is a fix solution:

1. Open the script ChangeMovementType.cs and make the only availible method public.
    2. Open the "PreLoad" scene.
    3. Navigate to the "GameSettings" window in the child's of the Interface transform.
    4. Select the Popup List child transform of the GameSettings window.
    5. Drag and Drop the Popup List transform into the OnValueChanged field of NGUI.
    6. Select the method OnControllerChange.
    7. As an argument drag and drop the Popup List ato the Arg0 field.
    8. Select UIPopupList.value

43. goldencruz

goldencruz

I am stuck on this step . Drag and Drop the Popup List transform into the OnValueChanged field of NGUI. I can't find OnValueChanged field of NGUI please help

44. goldencruz

goldencruz

nvm I figured it out so never mind thank zerano it just I am not to familiar with programming

45. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Has anyone added UMA yet? We have finished a lot of custom scifi armor and are about to start adding UMA to the kit.

46. Fawfulfan

Fawfulfan

Can anyone explain how we might be able to dynamically generate UMA avatars as the player character rather than the standard sci-fi characters? The problem is that UMA doesn't seem to generate prefabs that are usable by the character spawner...how might we reconfigure it to accept these avatars?

47. HELDWIND

HELDWIND

hello, I buy your kit looks to me pretty well, but I have a small problem has time for me to connect to my database, I followed your video tutorial.
    I already found that the "index.html" page provided by your pack was virgin I created a small fast code that I show you below:

<form method="post" action="LoadPlayer.php">
    <input type="submit" value="LoadPlayer" />
    </form>
    <form method="post" action="LoadPlayerNames.php">
    <input type="submit" value="LoadPlayerNames" />
    </form>
    <form method="post" action="LoadScene.php">
    <input type="submit" value="LoadScene" />
    </form>
    <form method="post" action="Login.php">
    <p>Name:<input type="text" name="name" /></p>
    <p>Mot de passe:<input type="text" name="password" /></p>
    <input type="submit" value="Login" />
    </form>
    <form method="post" action="RegisterAccount.php">
    <p>Name:<input type="text" name="name" /></p>
    <p>Mot de passe:<input type="text" name="password" /></p>
    <p>email:<input type="text" name="email" /></p>
    <input type="submit" value="RegisterAccount" />
    </form>
    <form method="post" action="ReportBug.php">
    <input type="submit" value="ReportBug" />
    </form>
    <form method="post" action="SavePlayer.php">
    <input type="submit" value="SavePlayer" />
    </form>
    Once in the game, the account is created successfully, the problem is to login.
    A message tells me that the pass or the name is not correct.
    Using the index I created all my function shows me "success"( by the index) accunt and log are created in database.
    Can you tell me the way to follow in order to be able has potencial user of this log?
    thank you.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  48. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

Hello, I have just purchased the rpg kit and updated ngui to ngui pro 3.6.3. Created quite a mess.

I am trying to fix two problems:
    1. The talents are misbehaving.
      • Hovering over a talent causes the icon to change.
      • Activating a talent does not display the cool down.
    2. Switching the controller doesn't work.
      • I am unable to activate mouse click movement using the Options window.
    I've created two videos demonstrating the problems:

49. DevionGames

DevionGames

The provided index.html file is a emty file so people can not see and download the php files from my website. All the stuff is handled by the php files. You can go into the code and add Debug messages.

50. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes it creates a mess, i just wrote you pm with a link to the updated RPG Kit with NGUI pro.