Search Unity

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

hey i have a small issue where player drops item when i try to drag or click it is this a layering issue ?
    (i just re imported the latest on svn as having database issue)
    Also the teleport part the editor not showing is this to do with the meta data etc or a script issue?

2. Banana13

Banana13

Hey, I looked youre tutorial. but when i want to drag my Idle animation in to the AI Editor Windows it does not work. It just shows the stop sign thing

3. cecilbgnome

cecilbgnome

Hi Guys...

I'm trying to find where to pull health/mana variables from in the attributes - want to decay the health after a set time in an event? appreciate any tips.

4. treshold

treshold

I implemented some survival elements like hunger and thirst system. I just accessed attributes with GameManager.Player.GetAttribute
    There is already made functions like ApplyDamage and HealDamage in PlayerAttribute.cs
    so for example:

Code (csharp):
    1. void DecreaseHealth() {
    2.         PlayerAttribute HealthDecrease = GameManager.Player.GetAttribute ("Health");
    3.         HealthDecrease.ApplyDamage (100);
    4.         if (HealthDecrease.CurValue <= 0) {
    5.                         GameManager.Player.Dead = true;
    6.                 }

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  5. Tethys

Tethys

Hey Treshold, we are also wanting to implement a hunger system as well. Interesting, haven't had a chance to script it yet but was also wondering about that as well. Thanks for the tip.

6. cecilbgnome

cecilbgnome

Thanks guys! yeah I thought as such, I was close... but doing it wrong .. :)

I've noticed a weird bug - whenever I add an attribute and build it... the attribute dissapears from the editor and character.... an idea what the prob would be?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  7. goldencruz

goldencruz

any eta on the modular rgp kit 2.1 I am suck and can't do much with out it anyone else have a work around the ngui water mark with out breaking everything. I really like this kit but at the moment can not do much with it. i read a lot of people still working on it so maybe this is any info on this would help.

8. DarkNightsComing

DarkNightsComing

Very cool treshold. I have been implementing terrain similar to 7 days to die as I like the boxel based systems. This will be a pretty cool step in the right direction once I get that far.
    Thank you for the cool share.

Unless you purchase NGUI Pro the watermark stays. Any removal of the watermark is in clear violation of their EULA.

If you already purchased NGUI Pro (since I don't like assuming), you need to delete the NGUI Free folder in the RPGKit and import the custom package NGUI Pro from the asset store.

Hope no one tries to answer with a way to remove the watermark, as that is not only illegal, but is just plainly put "not right".

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  9. goldencruz

goldencruz

I purchased the ngui already but when I install ngui it messing everything up. another thing I notice is zerano demo has no water mark so there must be a version that work good with ngui. so what I am asking is which version of ngui works good with rpg kit so I can try and use this pack otherwise it going to waste.

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

The demo was done with NGUI 3.0 and it seems like there is something changed after 3.0.

11. goldencruz

goldencruz

Alright thanks I will try 3.0 when I get home thanks

12. treshold

treshold

Yeah I have had similar issue. My workaround was after adding new attributes and launching game and noticing those going blank just simply click on saved attribute on asset browser and modify values on inspector. Can't remember has this been reported earlier on this thread :D

@Tethys and DarkNightsComing

Thanks guys, my survival script is pretty simple.
    1. I added new attribute bars to preloadscene by duplicating and renaming.
    2. Edited Interfacecontainer.cs and link new bars there.
    3. Adjusted Player.cs to link those attributes to new bars.
    4. I'm using coroutines on few second intervals to decrease hunger and thirst.
    I can pm script if you want to take a look :D

13. cecilbgnome

cecilbgnome

that would be great tresh, I have no idea whats causing it.. I tried my permissions on files - the works.. I remember something being said about it earlier.. but I cannot for the life of me remember where it was.

Oh well, I managed to get the attributes working nicely(using defaults for test), but I'm stuck until i can get the attributes bug worked out.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  14. Galahad

Galahad

I'm trying to make a female version of the Archer using the Mister Necturus's Elven Hunter, and still having looping problems with Running Animation. After starting running and after releasing the keys the animation doesn't change back to idle animation =/
    The state itself changes, but the animation doesn't play at all, it just keep playing running animation.

15. DarkNightsComing

DarkNightsComing

You're very welcome. Thank you for the offer and ahead of time for the PM treshold.
    Please send me a PM, I'd like to check out this code you've made a bit. It would save me a lot of time sorting when I get to that point, as well as, keeping me from forgetting. :0)

16. Setmaster

Setmaster

Any news on this asset becoming modular ?

17. Tethys

Tethys

I have a noobish question for any of you fellow RPG kit users. :)

We have removed Photon and replaced it with uLink and edited our scripts and all that fun stuff. However, with uLink I need everything to be in the Resources folder. My current setup is Assets/RPG 2.0/Resources and all the other RPG kit stuff. I noticed there was a path coded in GameManager for stuff. So, can I move everything from the RPG 2.0 folder up into the base Assets folder, therefore placing the Resources folder under Assets (as well as the rest of the kits files) and fixing my uLink issue or is there someplace where I need to edit the paths for some of the RPG kit stuff? I looked around but haven't found anything other than GameManager. I ask before trying because it is a lot of content to move around and then push to repository if its wrong. :p Thanks in advance!

**EDIT**
    We found the answer to this. Remembered we had two copies of RPG kit by itself outside of our game build so we tried on those. The answer is YES - you can move everything out of the RPG Kit 2.0 and into the Assets folder. So far nothing has broken. :p I kept the same directory structure, just moved it all up one into the base folder.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  18. DarkNightsComing

DarkNightsComing

Since I don't have a "definite" answer. Here's my suggestion:

Make a backup copy of the current checked out (repository for your game) code folder (full project folder IE MyGame with Assets Library etc sitting in it).
    Move everything inside the RPGKit 2.0 script folders or whatever you need. If it goes south restore the backup copy without affecting your current repository checkout.

Might be worth the try. :0)
    Hope this helps some.

19. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Does uLink work better than photon? And from what you have experienced how does it compare price, service and performance wise with this kit?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  20. BrutalGT

BrutalGT

21. DevionGames

DevionGames

22. DevionGames

DevionGames

23. primus88

primus88

Congratulations! It looks very nice and crisp.
    Out of curiosity, can your AI handle different activities? (fighting, crafting, building structures or hauling materials)
    Also how modular is the whole system? For example, could I change the way crafting is taking place (visual and functional)?

Thanks

24. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Just to let everyone know we posted that to showcase the engine but did not expect it to be greenlit so fast. a part of our team will keep working on BMCO with part working on Luria Online. We will keep you all posted.

25. Tethys

Tethys

Gratz guys!

26. Gunhi

Gunhi

please make this asset totally awesome by supporting Mecanim!!

27. DevionGames

DevionGames

Working on it :D

28. Morphius68

Morphius68

Hi All - Just got this asset yesterday - very impressed but have a couple of questions.

1) How do you get the player to actually touch the floor - mine seem to float slightly above (as they do on your demo). Tried moving the collision capsules etc but nothing changes?
    2) The player Profile GUI seems corrupt - any ideas why? $Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 10.14.04.png

Loving the kit though - looking forward to getting stuck in to a game with it!

29. DevionGames

DevionGames

You should play around with the CharacterController and with the CapsuleCollider. The profile gui uses RenderToTexture, this is a unity pro only feature, you can replace the plane with a static sprite if you do not have unity pro.

30. treshold

treshold

I have a "slight" problem after upgrading project to newest NGUI. Characters won't show up on character selection and pausing the game and investigating issue on scene view, those character slots have been instantiated to somewhere like X: 10250 and Y:-2375,201
    I have no clue how to fix issue :D :D I hope somebody else have ran to similar issue.
    I'm using latest NGUI ver 3.5.6.

EDIT:

same happens for instantiated talents, those aren't visible on talent window and it looks like it's not issue of z-depth of layers.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  31. Iron-Oxide

Iron-Oxide

Hello Zerano
    I have just purchased your kit and I have ngui paid version. Do i simply delete the ngui from unity in the project and import ngui paid?

32. DevionGames

DevionGames

In theory yes, but after v 3.0 there was changed a lot of things in NGUI and you would need to reposition/scale some of the widgets.

33. Iron-Oxide

Iron-Oxide

hi Zerano
    Do you have a copy of the kit with fixes?

34. goldencruz

goldencruz

yea there is a couple of us with that prob but if you use the 2.7 version it works with out the watermark but then you can get that free now. zerano is working on a fixed version modular, not sure when it will be ready be I hope soon

35. Jum

Jum

Hello Zerano, I have created a new UI from scratch. But right now i cant replace with the old one. I deleted old Interface.prefab file and renamed new one as Interface.prefab still the old one showing up. How can i change it?

36. DevionGames

DevionGames

You will need to go over the elements and then replace the atlas and sprites with your new interface. Just follow the instructions from NGUI on how you can create a new atlas.

37. Jum

Jum

Hey Zerano,
    I know how to use Ngui. I created a new interface already. Right now in your kit when i load the first level it created Interface object in the hierarchy in runtime. I want to repleace that with the one i already created. Where do you call it? Where is the source of the object comes in runtime?

38. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, i am not creating the interface in runtime, the interface is located in the PreLoad scene and can be changed by opening that scene.

39. Jum

Jum

Oh i see!! i just passed the PreLoad scene thank you :)

40. Emowor89

Emowor89

how can i include a dynamical character costomization inside the create scene like in skyrim , so that there arent just the standart version so that you can customize for example hair or eyes color or is it possible at the moment ?:confused:

41. DevionGames

DevionGames

You would need to code it by yourself and then sync this.

42. Morphius68

Morphius68

Just getting to grips with this kit so sorry is this has been asked already but - is there any dialogue/conversation module in RPG 2? Ideally, want to be able to click on an NPC which can launch a conversation but having played around with the AI creator etc, I can't see how to do this (if at all). Would be a good feature if it's not already in there and I've missed it.

Notice in the AI creator, you can add transitions to 'Talk' etc, but don't seem to be able to get this to work, and I think it may only output single lines of text? Ideally want to be able to popup a panel which has several lines of text in - a way of narrating/telling the game story if you understand?

43. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Dialogue System for Unity provides general-purpose integration components. You can use them to tie into RPG Kit right now. Some high profile RPG Kit projects, such as Bionic Marine Command and Luria Online, are using the Dialogue System.

Version 1.2.1 will be released tomorrow. The following release, version 1.2.2, will be dedicated to RPG Kit-specific integration support, which will make it even easier to manipulate RPG Kit quests and inventory during conversations.

If you're interested in using the Dialogue System with RPG Kit and have any questions, I can provide support here or on the Dialogue System thread. If the questions are going to be long, please post them on the Dialogue System thread so we don't hijack Zerano's thread. :)

44. DevionGames

DevionGames

This would be the best/advanced option right now.

45. thedreamer

thedreamer

I know that you are developing RPG KIT 2.1 .. RPG KIT 2.1 is optimized for mobile ?

46. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am sorry but this is not my main goal right now.

47. Morphius68

Morphius68

Thanks Zerano.

TonyLi: Sounds good - when do you expect v1.2.2 to be ready?

48. TonyLi

TonyLi

I've done some initial work already on it. The target release date is April 22 on our customer download site and about 5-7 days from then to appear on the Asset Store. If you haven't already purchased, wait until 1.2.1 is on the Asset Store (in about 6-7 days) because there will be a small price drop to help make it available to more indie developers. For everything it includes, it's already a bargain, but I know how the economy is for us indie developers right now. :)

49. Morphius68

Morphius68

Excellent - thanks very much.

50. cmrcmr

cmrcmr

Zerano:
    1º Fix and repair the Chat.
    2º Add list users online.
    3º Message enter o exit users.
    4º Chat private.

Thanks.