Unity Community

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG Kit 2.0

1. Posts

RPG Kit 2.0

The RPG Kit 2.0 and it's associate tools allow users and developers to create their own Role-Playing-Games.
    It extends the unity3d engine with editors, components and prefabs, which you can customize based on your game imagination. The RPG Kit 2.0 comes with a preset of characters, ready to use in your game! Create your own game, with your own story, your own way with the powerful and easy to use unity3d rpg framework.

Read more about some of the tools:

Pathfinding

Artificial Intelligence

Quest System

Talent System

Misc

Included Game Resources

Character Editor
    Item Editor

Getting Started (New)

Full Documentation

Play the WebPlayer Demo:
    RPG Kit 2.0 Demo

Features
    • 3 Character Controller
    • Advanced Ai System
    • Talent System
    • Checkpoint System
    • Teleportation System
    • Mount System
    • Container Storage System
    • Multiplayer Coop Mode
    • Chat System
    • Visual Scripting
    • Included Game Resources
    • Shop System
    • Quest System
    • Inventory / Item System / Equipment
    And many many more...

Check out the changelog!

You can purchase the kit here: Buy

Screenshots:

Videos:

This kit uses NGUI!

Video Tutorials:
    How to setup the MySql database?
    How to setup an item?
    How to setup a custom character?
    How to setup a collectable tree resource?
    How to setup a stone as a collectable resource?

How to setup a new ai from scratch?
    Simple random walk.
    Randomizing the walk.
    Follow the player.
    Apply damage to enemy.
    Enemy attacks the player.
    Adding Enemy Loot And Extend the Follow State.
    Adding Flee State to the Enemy.
    Shout and call other enemies for help.

Games using the kit:
    Astral Terra

2. Location
    COSTA MESA, CA. USA
    looking pretty cool! Add an array for the attack so we can have some variation or a possible combo chaining list of animation with the respective delay array and it would be pretty amazing.

Nice job as usual Zerano!

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosor View Post
    looking pretty cool! Add an array for the attack so we can have some variation or a possible combo chaining list of animation with the respective delay array and it would be pretty amazing.

Nice job as usual Zerano!
    Thank you, great idea,i will add that now

Edit: Okay i added that option and updated the picture in first post. Thank you very much for such a great idea, it looks awesome now. You will see it in the next video.

4. Location
    The Wasteland
    The AI and fighting system looks really good.

How are the nodes added? I used a kit that had you manually adding every node for interiors, which can become quite tedious. What about small hallways of dungeons and sewer tunnels as I have several of those in my game.

What are the total features of this kit?
    Last edited by RoyS; 02-05-2013 at 09:23 AM.

5. Posts
    That's a nice looking demo! What features do you plan on developing for it in the future, Zerano?

6. Location
    Detroit Michigan USA
    This looks great! I'll buy it when it is ready!

7. Posts
    @RoyS. Thank you! Well the terrain/your ground model is scaned via Raycast on Start. Well you can add more then one grid to your interior/dungeon so it fits the geometry and it will be scaned.

@nixter. Thanks! I do not know what i will implement in the future, depends of course of the user feedback. I have contacted RoyS already before and asked him, if he would like to test the kit, so i can get feedback, if everything is okay, i will continue adding a quest system. My concentration will be first on the ai...So quest system is a must, followed by shop system, ranged enemie attackes and such.

8. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Venged View Post
    This looks great! I'll buy it when it is ready!
    Thanks Vengend!

9. Posts
    I have uploaded a demo, let me please know what needs to be improved.

WebPlayer

10. Posts
    dude i see in videos that first the command with the damage deal runs first and then the animation add a timer that when animation finish then the damage will be dealt!

11. Location
    http://kuroato.com
    Wow! Pretty Awesome!! = ) will this have Multiplayer Support, or just Single Player?
    UnityAGK: Action Game Kit Get it Now! for ONLY 35$ at Unity Asset Store

*More Assets Available at Kuroato Media: Unity Asset Store

Kuroāto [Media] | WE . MAKE ( GAMES ) ; Visit our website - kuroato.com

12. Location
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerano View Post
    I have uploaded a demo, let me please know what needs to be improved.

Standalone

WebPlayer
    Some Feedback... I know this is just a demo, but I will share everything anyway just in case you miss it...

1. Basic Attack Should not Take So Long to Reload/Refresh, maybe only 1-2 Seconds between Basic Attacking
    2. We should be able to Go Directly to the Target Enemy with a Double Click, and Additional Click to Begin Attacking him with Basic Attack
    3. We should be able to Click anywhere on the Map / Screen to Auto Move to that Location, Moving the Character with WASD is OK, but for RPG Style I think you are aiming for, it may be best to include Mouse Click and Move Controller
    4. Will there be Long Ranged Magic Spells? Current when Click what Looks like a Long Ranges Spell does nothing but a Forward Thrust, which should be a Long Ranges Magic Spell or Something
    5. Ofcoarse we may need to Program some things ourselves, as this is just a toolkit to get us started, but include some Basic Magic Spells, and maybe even Long Rang Attack with an Arrow for Archer Class, and Simple Projectile for Mage Class Maybe...

Just some ideas... either way... Awesome Work! = ) Look forward to the Updates.

*Note: Check your PM, sent you a message! ; )
    Last edited by Kuroato; 02-08-2013 at 09:17 AM.

13. Posts
    @Nitzaproductions: Thanks for the tip, i will add this.
    Edit: Ok i have added this, i am getting better results if i apply damage on (animation length)/2. For both npc and player attacks.

@Kuroato: Thank you very much! I will add most of your ideas as optional values.
    1. This is customizable you can set this in the inspector, if you look at PlayerManager, you will see in the Talents a value "Usage Delay" that you can change. this is basicly how long the reload takes.
    2. and 3. I will add that as option.
    4. and 5. Yes there will be ranged spells, but they will be only magic talents. So a talent will be like a spell/ranged attack.

Multiplayer is not planed at this stage.

14. Location
    @Nitzaproductions: Thanks for the tip, i will add this.
    Edit: Ok i have added this, i am getting better results if i apply damage on (animation length)/2. For both npc and player attacks.

@Kuroato: Thank you very much! I will add most of your ideas as optional values.
    1. This is customizable you can set this in the inspector, if you look at PlayerManager, you will see in the Talents a value "Usage Delay" that you can change. this is basicly how long the reload takes.
    2. and 3. I will add that as option.
    4. and 5. Yes there will be ranged spells, but they will be only magic talents. So a talent will be like a spell/ranged attack.

Multiplayer is not planed at this stage.
    very cool! = )

15. Posts
    Okay i have added the option for ClickToMove(right click) and auto attack(left click on enemy to select-->move-->auto attack). The player will use the first talent in the action bar for the auto attack, if there is no talent, he will follow the target without attack. The player also uses the pathfinding system. I do not realy like it, but it is there now as an option. You can try it here.

It is already long time ago i played diablo 2, hihi, need to install it and check the movement again.

16. Location
    Okay i have added the option for ClickToMove(right click) and auto attack(left click on enemy to select-->move-->auto attack). The player will use the first talent in the action bar for the auto attack, if there is no talent, he will follow the target without attack. The player also uses the pathfinding system. I do not realy like it, but it is there now as an option. You can try it here.

It is already long time ago i played diablo 2, hihi, need to install it and check the movement again.

Ok Tested a couple things....

1. I think you should leave the Option there to Move with the WASD, so if a User wants move the player with WASD Cool, if they want to move with Mouse Click Cool! having both options are good (in my opinion), as I have seen this in most MMORPG's, I know this is NOT an MMORPG Kit, but it has the Same Look and Feel, and Controls of a MMORPG, and im pretty sure people will be comparing this RPG Kit's Controls to that of MMORPG... I could be wrong, but just my thoughts...

2. regarding Click-to-Move, it works Great! only I would HIGHLY Suggest, swapping the Buttons... Make Click-to-Move, and Auto Attack / Follow Target Enemy as LEFT CLICK, and make the Camera Control RIGHT CLICK, I think it makes more sense this way, and that's what i am use to when playing MMORPGs, I Honestly have never seen an MMORPG with RIGHT CLICK-TO-MOVE and ATTACK, it's always LEFT CLICK

3. Regarding Camera.... the Camera Control with a RIGHT CLICK (in my suggestion) would be Perfect... but if I LEFT CLICK-TO-MOVE, (if you go with my suggestion), The Camera should always dynamicly follow behind the player, NOT GET LOCKED IN POSITION while the player is moving to the Destination where you Clicked... it's really annoying and actually BLINDS You from your FRONT VIEW where you should be looking at anyway...

best example... I noticed that (since the WASD Movement is Disabled Currently) the S Key brought the Camera back right behind the Player exactly how im describing above... so If you Click-To-Move, and Hold Down the S Key the Camera Follows Behind the Player very Nicely! = ) You should try it! = ), then you'll understand what i mean, and how this will be Good...

so right the RIGHT CLICK for Camera Control the Player will always have the Option to Move the Camera in 360 Degrees to fully see what behind the player, or left or right etc.... when you LET GO of RIGHT CLICK the Camera should RESUME to Follow the Player from Behind...

4. BIG BUG... or MINOR I don't know.. when Double Clicking the Target Enemy to Auto Attack, at First it Works Fine, it Attacks the Enemey, but when I Upgraded the Talent to Level 2 (using the unspent talent point), the Auto Attack STOPPED WORKING... = (

OK there you go!! = ) I hope I get my Name Somewhere in your Asset Readme, or on the Asset Store as "Special Thanks" to Jonathan Malave (Kuroato Media) for Testing and Bug Reporting! = ) LOL!!! as this testing stuff does take serious time, and to write all this! Special Thanks, Credit for your Testers / Bug Reporters is always Nice! = ) if possible! If you say NO, then I'm going to Stop testing and Bug Reporting Right Now!!! LOL!!!

Na Kidding... I'll still test it, and bug report lol... as I really enjoy what your creating here and plan to make good use of it! Keep Going!!!

17. Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. I have added all your suggestions as an option. You can setup the mouse buttons in the inspector, you can also toggle the camera auto rotation in the inspector of the camera script.

18. Location
    Thanks for the feedback. I have added all your suggestions as an option. You can setup the mouse buttons in the inspector, you can also toggle the camera auto rotation in the inspector of the camera script.
    Cool also one more thing, I know you said you can adjust the auto-attack talent refresh/reload speed...

I think for now, for testing purposes you should maybe set it to 1-2 Second Refesh/Reload, as the player dies very quickly... No likes to sit there like a dumb getting hit and during because the basic attack function did not reload quick enough lol!!! Just a small suggestion, as I feel you may continue to get negative feedback about this... And although I understand you can change it in inspector, new testers of your RPG Kit may look at this as a bug that needs to be fixed.

So to save everyone the pain and time.. Just refresh that first talent in 1-2 seconds for auto-attack.

First impressions is very important in everything we showcase to the public even if its as demo...

Just my thoughts again. = )

19. Location
    Detroit Michigan USA
    Hello Zerano - When do you think you plan to release this kit? What is the ETA. It is looking really nice.

20. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Venged View Post
    Hello Zerano - When do you think you plan to release this kit? What is the ETA. It is looking really nice.
    As soon as i fully finish the inventory and equipment and replace the NGUI with the free version, i will then intensively test it and release the first version with a reduced price. The price will raise with each update.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast