Unity Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Location
    Nynashamn Sweden

SPACE UNITY - Space Scene Construction Kit [SUBMITTED]

I'm happy to announce that SPACE for Unity - Space Scene Construction kit is now available in the Unity Asset Store.

Link to SPACE for Unity in the Unity Asset Store

Introductory price: $50 (very time limited!)

I'm very excited to announce SPACE for Unity - Space Scene Construction Kit

Video Trailer

Screenshots

This is an extension to the Unity Editor that allows you to create random space scenes with a single mouse click. You can also customize filters to create the mood you want for your game. Instead of using a skybox, this extension assembles a complete scene by selecting random textures and meshes to form a background that renders behind your normal camera. This way you get unique scenes for your game and you conserve memory space in the process. You also get space particle effects, local and infinite asteroid fields, space ship prefab, demo scenes, and much more.

You can also visit the Space Unity site which contains more details, screenshots, videos, and tutorials: http://www.spaceunity.com
    Last edited by imphy; 02-22-2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: New Video - New Screenshots
    SPACE for Unity - Space Scene Construction Kit - Extend Unity, create unique space scenes with a mouse click
    Imphenzia Soundtrack - I make non-exclusive music, exclusive music and sound effects for your games.

2. Location
    Copenhagen
    Looks really nice!
    Simply A* Pathfinding a pathfinding solution | Simply A* Thread
    Gunjitsu online voxel shooter | WIP thread

3. Posts
    Oh my god HOW MUCH!?

4. Posts
    Are you planning to add atmospheres to the Planets?

6. Location
    Nynashamn Sweden
    I'm happy to see the positive response =) A lot of hours went in to this one so it's exciting to finally see it getting close to release.

@MarigoldFleur: Not fully decided the price yet, but the introduction price will probably be set to $50 for a limited period of time. It's hundreds of textures ranging from 512x512 to 4096x4096 and a whole bunch of scripts, meshes, prefabs, particle effects, tutorials etc. - so I'm hoping to set a fair price on it.

@Daniel: The planets have a subtle atmosphere shader effect now, but only shading the planet sphere itself around its edges. I hope to be able to create a smooth haze/external atmosphere shader/effect, that's in my road map, although it's not possible to do it like I have with the local stars as they are entire particle systems rather than mapped spheres.

I'd be happy for more feedback as well - any hints on what a decent price for a package like this would be worth to you would also be much appreciated.
    SPACE for Unity - Space Scene Construction Kit - Extend Unity, create unique space scenes with a mouse click
    Imphenzia Soundtrack - I make non-exclusive music, exclusive music and sound effects for your games.

7. Posts
    Awesome! Where can I find the song you used in the video, its great

8. Location
    Nynashamn Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Devision4 View Post
    Awesome! Where can I find the song you used in the video, its great
    Thanks!

The first song is called "Discovery of Planet X" and it's included as 4 different loops in my other Asset Store package called "Music Loops - Space Music" (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/3863) - it can also be licensed through my own site: http://soundtrack.imphenzia.com/non-...y-of-planet-x/

The second song in the video is called "Nostalgia - Calm Edit" and it can be licensed here: http://soundtrack.imphenzia.com/non-...lm-full-track/

WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your video is perfect to attract customers who can't be disappointed with your asset, I think. Congratulations !!!

6R

...but the introduction price will probably be set to $50 for a limited period of time....
    Wooww....Again

11. Location
    Nynashamn Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by p6r View Post
    WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your video is perfect to attract customers who can't be disappointed with your asset, I think. Congratulations !!!

6R
    Yay, I'm happy with that reaction! I hope so too. Going to tidy up the package today and finish the documentation for a release shortly. I'll also have to do some more tutorials, but that'll have to wait until night-time when the kids are a sleep as they make way too much noise in the background

12. Location
    Nynashamn Sweden
    The documentation is nearly finished now so I'm very close to release.

Today I also created some additional demo scenes that are included in the package and I thought I'd share a sequence I just recorded where all the spaceships (with slightly different roll/yaw/pitch rates) take the same keyboard input which turned out to be quite a sweet little battle scene =)

The Camera Script is set to a mode called "Spectator Follow" and movement it frozen a few times using a hot-key. Obviously this camera mode isn't very useful during game-play, but it has a nice cinematic effect - maybe for cut scenes and replays etc.

(best viewed in HD)
    Last edited by imphy; 02-08-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added the HD comment

13. Location
    Nynashamn Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Talis View Post
    Are you planning to add atmospheres to the Planets?
    Hi again - I've added some volumetric atmospheres now as well:

14. Location
    Bend, Oregon
    This is awesome looking. I JUST happen to be working on a space strategy game and these scenes would look awesome as a back drop to the action. I was totally bummed that it wasn't out yet after I saw the tweet about it a week ago. Good Job, Good luck with it and I'll be picking up a copy once I hear it's released.

15. Posts
    Magnificent!! I recently downloaded some cool pictures from the Hubble telescope, and I can say the graphics in this kit are quite realistic. I also love the workflow. Well done
    Unity3D, HTML5, Flash, PHP, Java, Objective C, DX/OGL and more...
    Improving modern game mechanics
    Open source

16. Location
    Schertz, Texas
    WOW! Just this weekend I was working on custom sphere with the normals facing inward then using Mudbox to paint the inside with reference images such as nebulous, stars, and such. Today I see this. This looks absolutely incrediable. Using modular sphere section for each texture is ingenious. This is high on my to buy list. Fantastic job!

17. Location
    Nynashamn Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoantap View Post
    Magnificent!! I recently downloaded some cool pictures from the Hubble telescope, and I can say the graphics in this kit are quite realistic. I also love the workflow. Well done
    Cheers! The content in Space Unity is designed to appeal for both sci-fi games with a degree of realism. The system quite happily accepts custom textures as well which can be tagged and idexed by the editor extension if one wishes to use custom art or actual photos.

Quote Originally Posted by ForceX View Post
    WOW! Just this weekend I was working on custom sphere with the normals facing inward then using Mudbox to paint the inside with reference images such as nebulous, stars, and such. Today I see this. This looks absolutely incrediable. Using modular sphere section for each texture is ingenious. This is high on my to buy list. Fantastic job!
    thanks! I used to draw static skyboxes but I was excited as I came up with this approach since games will all look different and it reduces distribution size dramatically for games with many different space scenes since content can be reused. literally billions of combinations, but I think my static skyboxes might take a sales hit

Quote Originally Posted by Wenceslao View Post
    This is awesome looking. I JUST happen to be working on a space strategy game and these scenes would look awesome as a back drop to the action. I was totally bummed that it wasn't out yet after I saw the tweet about it a week ago. Good Job, Good luck with it and I'll be picking up a copy once I hear it's released.
    Great to hear! I added volumetric atmospheres for the initial release and I'm updating the editor window to support some customization of the atmospheres. Shouldn't be too long and I'll update this thread once I've uploaded the package.

Very Very nice.
    But, do not forgot to add a sort of "Earth Solar System Auto Build". This will avoid buying another package for it and preserve the coherence of some projects.

My own project starts in our Solar System before we go... elsewhere. Coherence

Not fully decided the price yet, but the introduction price will probably be set to $50 for a limited period of time. It's hundreds of textures ranging from 512x512 to 4096x4096 and a whole bunch of scripts, meshes, prefabs, particle effects, tutorials etc. - so I'm hoping to set a fair price on it.
    With this option, i'm ready to buy your tool for...60-70$

Btw, talking about your tool on the French forum.

JP
    Last edited by ZJP; 02-12-2013 at 08:22 AM.

19. Location
    Nynashamn Sweden
    The package has now been finalized and tested in both Unity 3.5 and 4.0. All documentation is complete and the package is being uploaded to the asset store as I write =) It will need to pass the review process before it becomes available. The introductory price has been set to $50 for a very limited period of time.

New Official Trailer:

20. Location
    Nynashamn Sweden
    I'm just about to upload a new version of the asset package, the first one was rejected due to its size. Apparently there is a 500MB limit for packages in the asset store and my release was over 900MB.

I didn't want to reduce the resolution of the planet textures (because you may really want them at 4096x4096 for single close range planets) - so instead I had to break out planets which will be released as an expansion package. The original release will now have 12 high resolution planets, 2 of each climate type, and the once visible in the promo video are included (plus other ones.)

I am planning to release many expansion packs in the future anyway so it's probably good to keep the package sizes reasonably anyway.

While the updated package is being reviewed, you might be interested in this video if you are into the mobile market. I tested it on my Android (Galaxy S3) phone - you can find some details in the video description at YouTube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast