Search Unity

Blob Shadow Projector Draw Calls

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by tigerfoot, Feb 2, 2013.

1. tigerfoot

tigerfoot

Is it possible to have mutliple blob shadow projectors using only 1 draw call? I'm projecting those shadows below my player and enemies (8 of them) onto a flat plane. The plane is always flat and it's the only object in the scene with shadows on it. Every new projector takes one more draw call.
    Is there a way to make that projector use only one draw call or should I make a quad object with shadow texture and put it below my characters? The latter should use just one draw call but I'd rather use projectors if it's possible to make them use only one draw call.

Noxury likes this.
  2. Tiles

Tiles

Not that i know of. One projector shadow hitting one mesh means one draw call.

3. MirkoMat

MirkoMat

I'm in the same situation. I've a big map and i've used one projector for all map. The projector texture cover all maps. I had thought that it could be useful because you would to use one material to cover all scene but it wasn't.

So at this point i don't know if is better to use one projector for single object or there aren't any solution to reduce drawcalls.