Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

unity's fps tutorial download

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by christianmanners, Jan 31, 2013.

1. christianmanners

christianmanners

why the heck can't we get the unity fps tutorial any more?
    :mad:

2. MrDude

MrDude

Good question. A contact of mine is eager to learn how to code in Unity and I keep saying 'Check out the tutorials' except the only tutorials I can find these days are rather complex looking things and nowhere can I find the stuff I learned from...

The school yard demo to demonstrate the various type of joints, the FPS tutorial to demonstrate proximity damage on objects near an explosion, the simple roll-a-ball tutorial. These are the kind of tutorials one should start learning Unity with, not the race car demo or the 3rd person shooter demo or the shader swopping or what not.

What is the point in knowing how to change materials at runtime if you don't even know how to add components to objects or make your character move forward?

So I ask the same question: Why are the basics removed from the tutorials ? Does anyone still have copies of these projects that we can download from an alternate location?

3. cgbrl

cgbrl

4. Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

I cant find the FPS Tutorial at that link. I am trying to follow this video and need those resources. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7UF3wga5W0

Why is the FPS Tutorial no longer there? Can anyone help me find these files?

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It's outdated and I doubt it would work with more recent versions of Unity.

--Eric