Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Vehicles?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by FatalNickle, Jan 28, 2013.

1. FatalNickle

FatalNickle

I need to make this fly :)

Wanting it to be a simple vehicle, enter the jumper by pressing E on the chair inside. WASD (general flight), Arrow Keys (pitch yaw roll), and crouch/jump keys for ascent and descent.

Was searching the asset store forever, can't seem to find any vehicle scripts that are close to what i need for this ship. Most are just cars or car physics?

I just don't know where to start on making this into a usable vehicle. I guess I could have posted this in the commercial section as well... I wouldn't mind paying somebody a little bit to do it for me.

It is fully detailed inside and out. There are also engine and weapon pods that extend on the back from the sides. Though I havn't figured out how to get the animations into unity, or code them to trigger. *sigh* (This is why I'm not a programmer ;) )

2. bigmisterb

bigmisterb

I wouldnt mind writing the script for a bit of cash. I would need to know alot more about what you intend to do.

Camera positionings, view type (first person, driver seat or third person camera follow) Then it would be a question of how you want the camera to work in certain situations. How do you want the overall feel? (full 3d control, airplane style.) How do you want to control acceleration, speed and slowing.

Check this demo:

http://lod3dx.net/Unity/Canyon.html

It is WS controls and mouse look. The space bar force stops. It is basic, and could be done much different in the end.

You would also need to create 2-3 lower res versions of this, if you want more than 1 to appear on the screen.

3. wccrawford

wccrawford

Isn't that the away ship from Stargate Atlantis? If so, it flies like a bar of soap that a kid is pretending is an airplane. Just model that out and you've got it. lol

Edit: Also, it can hover.

4. bigmisterb

bigmisterb

5. FatalNickle

FatalNickle

That would be the one lol. It'll kind of fly like a heli/plane. As well as hover. I think there would be a clickable button on the HUD that would make it stop and hover in place. I'm kinda curious though how it would work for players standing inside, not including the pilot in his chair. Wouldn't they get flung around inside the ship and killed? Wild definitely be third person orbital camera though. Right click drag functionality. I will PM you a bit later big on how it should fly, unless you have a good idea. PM me a price :)
    It will also have its engine and weapon pods. And I have about.. 8 ships, ranging from this jumper to the city of Atlantis. It will be able to fly too.