Search Unity

What is needed in LeanTween

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dentedpixel, Jan 25, 2013.

?

What is needed in LeanTween?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2014.
  1. Animate over a bezier curve

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Color Tweening

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Looping (ping-pong, once, clamp forever)

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  4. GUI Animation Helpers

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

I am taking recommendations on what should be implemented next in my animation engine LeanTween (A super efficient tweening engine for Unity3d).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Actually, after looking at the package now, I would like to vote for GUI Animation helper too! :)
    I think having a LeanTween Visual Editor and Inspector (much like HOTween Inspector where you can look at debug information) is a must, or it will just be too tedious.

I also think "animate over a bezier curve" would be an essential feature, but not as essential as the GUI helper because without it - it would be like driving a car with no steering wheel and you must manually turn each wheel by hand! :D

To be honest, I think all of the above should be included...but I would rate them in this order of priority :

1. LeanTween Visual Editor and Inspector (GUI Animation helpers)
    2. Color Tweening (I think this one should be easy to implement and probably most essential in Tween engine)
    3. Looping (ping-pong, once, clamp forever) - also essential!
    4. Animate over a bezier curve (Would be very nice!)
    5. Some audio tweening function would be nice too (like iTween's Audio from and Audio to)

3. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

GUI Animation Helpers are now available LeanTween.

Easily animate GUI Buttons Labels Textures or any element that uses the Rect structure!

Hopefully I can get to some of the other features on the wish-list soon. Personally GUI animation helpers are the most important to me at the moment, it has helped me cut down on spaghetti code and write very clean one or two lines of code to do complex GUI animations.

Please visit DentedPixel.com for examples of how to use these GUI animation Helpers:

4. Baskyn

Baskyn

I'm going with GUI animation helpers. It sounds good at least haha. What exactly would it be for? I've never used HOTween, so I have no clue as to what it's for.

I'm also here to suggest the punch function, since you pointed me to this thread! :)

As for uses of punch, a good example is this canon in iTween:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk0nXdL035k

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. dasbin

dasbin

Would absolutely love Playmaker actions for LeanTween.
    If these don't already exist or aren't in progress of being delevoped, I might look at creating a few myself.

6. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

LeanTween just got Punchy! Version 0.96 now includes a punch easy type. An example would be:

PHP:
    LeanTween.rotateX(gameObject270.0f1.5f, {"ease":LeanTweenType.punch});
    $FunnyPunch.png

7. lopez1de

lopez1de

Loooooooooooooooooping and ping pong please :p

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  8. BTStone

BTStone

PlayMaker-Support :p

But yes, a GUI-Helper would be great, also the Looping!

9. helios

helios

Does this still not have looping? I really want to use this as my tweening engine, but without looping, I can't :(

10. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

Camera Shake

11. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

I have seen looping come up a number of times, I am just curious what type of looping would be most helpful to everyone? Clamping style looping would be the easiest to implement, this is where when it finishes the tween it starts where it began. Would that be sufficient? Or is everyone looking for a ping-pong style looping as well (slightly harder to implement)?

12. helios

helios

I think both are super common.

13. blackant

blackant

LeanTween V1.18 update is missing the /plugin folder

14. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

Thanks BlackAnt, I am aware of the situation and I submitted a fixed version last Friday, but the Asset Store has yet to approve this fix (it usually takes up to 5 days so maybe on Wednesday). Until then you can get the latest on github:

https://github.com/dentedpixel/LeanTween

Sorry about the mistake!

15. rahuxx

rahuxx

works with windows 8?

16. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

Unfortunately I have not tested it Rahuxx. I only have access to Mac computers currently, but next time I am around some PCs I will test.

Can anyone else confirm whether or not it works with Win 8???

17. rahuxx

rahuxx

HI Dente, with windows 8 I mean windows 8 RT and Pro tablets.
    rahu

18. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

Right, understood, unfortunately you need a Windows computer to see if it will publish to a Windows tablet (I guess you would need a Windows tablet too, so I guess I am doubly out of luck). The fact that LeanTween works with the difficult (and abandoned) Flash publishing makes me think it would work, but I cannot confirm that...

19. imtrobin

imtrobin

Yes, a good camera shake that behaves like itween ShakeRotation version, that will stop itself.

20. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

Hi Imtrobin,

Have you seen the ExampleCameraShake scene (in the included examples)? I know you have to pass an animation curve which is slightly annoying, but if that is the behavior you are looking for, I may try and make a baked in version where you don't have to pass an animation curve...

21. imtrobin

imtrobin

Yes, I seen and tried it. You are doing two tweens. I'm not very sure how to make it stop, and also yes, if you can get rid of the curve, thanks.

22. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

Cool. Yeah it's pretty easy to get it to stop. you can either just set the repeat to something small like:

LeanTween.rotateAround( gameObject, Vector3.up, 1f, 0.2f).setEase( shakeCurve ).setLoopClamp().setRepeat(5);

Or you can cancel it at an arbitrary time like:

int cancelId = LeanTween.rotateAround( gameObject, Vector3.up, 1f, 0.2f).setEase( shakeCurve ).setLoopClamp().setRepeat(-1).id;

// Later to cancel
    LeanTween.cancel(gameObject, cancelId);

The two tweens are important, because it is rotating the camera both up and down, and left and right. Often times you would only want to rotate the camera up and down (say for heavy footsteps). So it may seem like I am just making extra work for the programmer, keeping those tweens seperate, but actually it gives you a lot of power to get really detailed on how you want your camera shake to look.

I hope that makes sense. Baking the animation curve into the engine is definitely something I can do...

23. serpin

serpin

Please, don't. This is a specific task that can be accomplished in a thousand different ways and none of those have to clutter LeanTween.
    It's lean, after all, right? =)

24. AbgaryanFX

AbgaryanFX

Hi !

Here is an example of color tween :)

Code (CSharp):
    2.              Color myStartColor = Color.white;
    3.              Color myTargetColor = Color.red;
    4.              LeanTween.value
    5.             (
    6.                 myGameObject,
    7.                 val => myGameObject.renderer.material.color = Color.Lerp(myStartColor, myTargetColor, val),
    8.                 0f, 1f, 1f
    9.             );

25. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

Thanks! Actually color tweening has already been added :), it's on the github version (what I consider my pre-release candidate for the Asset Store).

But, I like your solution too, that could translate well into many different tweenable objects besides color.