Search Unity

Unity 4 +Miscrosoft Sql server 2012

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by matrixii, Jan 21, 2013.

1. matrixii

matrixii

i ve the correctly setup microsoft sql server 2012 in unity 4...i ve complied the solution with microsoft net framwoek 2.0(not the subset) .the communication with sql server work with tpc/ip connection,with this connection string:
    server = "Server=MARIANO-PC\\SQLEXPRESS;";

dbname = "Database=DbAlphaTest;";
    connectionString = server + dbname+"User ID=usid;"+"Password=pass;";
    public void AddUsers()
    {
    Debug.Log(connectionString);
    //conn = new SqlConnection(connectionString);

using (SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(connectionString))
    {
    try
    {
    conn.Open();
    string select = "SELECT * FROM Users";
    SqlCommand cm = new SqlCommand(select, conn);
    SqlDataReader dr = cm.ExecuteReader();
    while (dr.Read())
    {
    Users usr = new Users(dr[1].ToString(), dr[2].ToString(), (bool)dr[3]);
    ConnectedUsers.Add(usr);

}

}
    catch (Exception ex)
    {

Debug.Log(ex.Message);
    }
    finally
    {
    conn.Close();
    }

}
    }
    ...now in my editor all work fine...but when i compile in exe ....don't work...(i ve included also the using System.Data,System.Data.SqlClient dll in the editor folder and project folder.....)no result after bulild....any hint?

2. shaderop

shaderop

"Don't work" isn't very descriptive. What kind of error are you getting? Is the program throwing any exceptions?

3. BlackMantis

BlackMantis

Does the .dll need to go in the plugins folder? I know very little about it but was just reading about it recently.

4. GaVaR

GaVaR

Do you have provider specified in machine.config?

Check the machine.config in the "your_game"_data folder.

5. matrixii

matrixii

No errors in the editor but whan i try to launch the compiled exe the label with databases data donesn't appear

6. matrixii

matrixii

Config file ::
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Mariano\Documents\Unity Project\MyMMOServer\Build\b01_Data\Managed\System.Data.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Mariano\Documents\Unity Project\MyMMOServer\Build\b01_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Server=MARIANO-PC\SQLEXPRESS;Database=DbAlphaTest;User ID=uid;Password=pass;

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/812c4f5049264fad/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

Platform assembly: C:\Users\Mariano\Documents\Unity Project\MyMMOServer\Build\b01_Data\Managed\System.EnterpriseServices.dll (this message is harmless)
    CodePage 1252 not supported

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/812c4f5049264fad/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

7. GaVaR

GaVaR

So maybe you not calling it? It would become more clear if you provide more code where you call it and how.

8. matrixii

matrixii

Ok solved i discover an error when i launch the EXE codepage 1252 not supported.
    i've included i18n.dll and i18nwest.dll in my plugin folder(in the same directory of system data.dll) ...now sql server and unity 4 work fine )