Unity Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Location
    The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan.thibaudau View Post
    Can you make a standalone? Webplayer's not working for me (defaults to integrated card in webplayer & can't override it for me, so just displays pink & flat)
    Yeah, the standalone link is below the webplayer link.
    Or click here

2. Location
    France
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-1290 View Post
    Yeah, the standalone link is below the webplayer link.
    Or click here
    Sorry missed it, thanks!
    CEO - RT Information Technology
    ronan.thibaudau@rt-informationtechnology.com
    HighRes Terrain Pack 1 Mountains
    HighRes Packs best used with Amplify, get it and enjoy 16K textures!

3. Posts
    Can you share your code please?? Cheers

4. Location
    The Netherlands
    I'm currently in the process of making sure the shader works on multiple platforms. First on both DX11 and DX9, but after that it should be relatively easy to add support for OpenGL. When that is done, I plan to release a free and a premium version on the Unity asset store.

5. Posts
    Man this looks great and all those desired features you listed have me excited!

6. Location
    Saint_Petersburg. Russia
    I'm currently in the process of making sure the shader works on multiple platforms. First on both DX11 and DX9, but after that it should be relatively easy to add support for OpenGL. When that is done, I plan to release a free and a premium version on the Unity asset store.
    standing near your door with my money.... =)

7. Posts
    Please let me know what you think about my little demo.
    - RC-1290
    hi there, very interesting! I ran the demo, and I could make cubes appear, and I clicked on the landscape quite a lot with the mouse and no water appeared at all! Running on the latest Nvidia drivers an gtx470.

8. Location
    Vancouver, BC
    GeForce 670MX, 3GB GDDR5, web demo doesn't work. Stand alone works on Good and Fantastic settings.

9. Posts
    I didn't manage to download the standalone, I got to copies that was it-corrupted files, and the web page said Google Chrome could not connect to codeanimo.com page http://codeanimo.com/projects/waters...ectx11/RC4.zip, but I could get the web version running with invisible water, from the same website,! maybe it's just a temporary webpage issue, worth saying.

10. Location
    The Netherlands
    Nice to see people are still trying out my water simulation. However, the version for the DX11 competition is a bit old. I'm working on a version that can be used as tool. However, to make it future proof I had to rewrite a whole bunch of stuff. Buoyancy and Water depth rendering aren't implemented yet in this newer version, but I'll upload it as a preview, in case you're interested anyway. (Actually, with the current Unity Web Player version, I'm seeing problems with the depth map as well)

One of the problems with the web demo version I've noticed before is that it doesn't always detect DX11 hardware correctly. This new version runs on both DX9 and DX11, so it should simply fall back to DX9 when that is the problem.

I'm not sure why the download didn't work. It seems to work fine for me now. Is it still not working right now?

11. Location
    Russia
    Your link is broken. Fixed it
    Great work! Compute shaders are my passion now too! They're awesome.

12. Location
    The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by dnnkeeper View Post
    Your link is broken. Fixed it
    Great work! Compute shaders are my passion now too! They're awesome.
    Hahaha, I linked to my local version of the site.

Note to self: when writing a post is the last thing you do on a day, check it again in the morning.

13. Posts
    When you release it on Asset Store?
    Last edited by eee2; 11-01-2013 at 08:45 AM.

14. Posts
    I think forces to simulate things like tides is important for ocean simulation, which is probably what most people use in their games instead of flat puddles. :P also maybe you can leave the code open so we can implement some nice rendering as seen here http://www.fxguide.com/featured/assa...th-the-action/

15. Posts
    Hmm, I think I have a good idea. Say when a wave crashes into a rock and generates spray. Could you use something like tc particles to simulate that? http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/172...-special-again

16. Location
    The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by eee2 View Post
    When you release it on Asset Store?
    Unfortunately, I don't know yet, because I still have quite a few issues I want to solve first. But I'm trying to make it this year, because it would allow me to afford spending more time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by blueivy View Post
    I think forces to simulate things like tides is important for ocean simulation, which is probably what most people use in their games instead of flat puddles. :P also maybe you can leave the code open so we can implement some nice rendering as seen here http://www.fxguide.com/featured/assa...th-the-action/
    In the long run I would like to add various kinds of forces like wind and tides, but for the first public version, the only force I'm going to focus on is displacement by objects. So for example: when you drop a buoy in the water, the water is pushed out of the way. This should also allow you to make some waves simply by moving a water displacer through the water. Hopefully that's an acceptable workaround until other forces are implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by blueivy View Post
    Hmm, I think I have a good idea. Say when a wave crashes into a rock and generates spray. Could you use something like tc particles to simulate that? http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/172...-special-again
    Like buoyancy, that would require sending data about the simulation back from the GPU to the CPU, which isn't straight forward. I first want to make buoyancy work better.

17. Posts
    Great work, I'm really love this demo!
    here are some questions:
    Can this technique deal with real time changing terrain?
    Can this technique transfer into a spherical terrain version?

18. Location
    Saint_Petersburg. Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by jinsediaoying View Post
    here are some questions:
    set terrain texture on surface =)

19. Posts
    I mean the geometry of the terrain mesh, think about "from dust"
    It will be really cool to have a game combines "from dust"'s terrain effect and "populous 3"'s game play.
    Last edited by jinsediaoying; 12-12-2013 at 07:01 AM.

20. Location
    The Netherlands
    here are some questions:
    Yes, I tested updating the terrain in realtime earlier this week, and it worked without noticeable changes to the FPS (which is still capped at 60fps in the demo). In the current version I have a few different lists of steps that are executed. By default the terrain height rendering step is in the 'at the start of the simulation' list, but it can also be placed in the 'once-per frame' list.

Not yet, but I would love to try that some time. The difficulty lies in handling the map projection (for the simulation itself, and for getting terrain height data), and making the water flow continuously from one edge to the other. I think I would have to look at tiling multiple simulations first. You're bound to get a few odd projection artifacts using 2D heightmaps around a sphere, but with high enough resolution, and enough tiled simulations, I think you can hide those problems pretty well.

It would also be necessary to update the water rendering, to offset the vertices around a sphere, in stead of straight up. Similar to Bending Solid Geometry in Planetary Annihilation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12