Search Unity

[Announce] Mobile MMO FPS Multiplayer Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by tripknotix, Jan 16, 2013.

?

What would be a Fair Price for this kit on the Asset Store?

1. $25

51.1%
  2. $50

17.5%
  3. $75

21.2%
  4. $100

5.8%
  5. $200+

4.4%
  1. tripknotix

tripknotix

Thanks to the success of Future Ops Online, I can publicly announce the Mobile MMO FPS Multiplayer Kit. Built for the Asset Store.

This kit has been in development since January 2012, with a feature list that grows daily, because that's how often I update. This kit is released with a successful game, this is not a failed game turned into an Asset, scroll down to see the actual SALES for January 2013. From the very beginning this kit was developed for the asset store, with Future Ops Online built with the tools.

For those of you who are interested, I am including the entire game and source code of Future Ops Online with the kit, even as the game progresses more and more. This means you will receive all of the games features including all future Maps and future Game Modes.
    Future Ops Online Thread : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/166519-Future-Ops-Online-Free-Multiplayer-Mobile-Game-Fully-Funding-Itself

Current features:
    Clan System with Online / Offline Member List Promote / Demote
    Easily compatible with existing asset store FPS Weapons Kits (currently in talks for additional "quick-compatibly" with popular kits)
    Vouched for future compatibility : FPS Constructor [by Jason_DB], Mobile FPS Kit [by lastprogrammer]
    Support for older Arm v6 devices and Android 2.2 (with Unity 3.5, reaching twice the potential buyers of Arm v7 only)
    User scalable Menu UI and HUD UI for use with tablets and small cell phone screens.
    Graphics Scale based on user chosen Quality and default with auto detection of device capabilities.
    Player.IO cloud networking (free for 500 concurrently connected users, affordable upgrades for 5000 users tier, with unlimited option).
    The ability to go above 45 users per server instance if you upgrade to private Player.IO servers.
    User Login system with the Player.IO DB features for saving XP (levels), and Virtual Currency.
    Guest Login for immediate anonymous playing and testing.
    Map Selection with options for game type, max users, map, and server instance name.
    Scoreboard for all Game Modes.
    Change servers at any time and it will unload the old map and load the new one.
    Cloud Based Server Version Instancing
    (Cloud Hosting from Player.IO allows older server versions to automatically remain active, so if Amazon App Store takes longer to update, your amazon users can still access older server versions, and Google play users can simultaneously use newer server versions. You can even enable the server to force users to upgrade with a message on their screen. This helps stop pirating of your game, and forces them to upgrade.)

Included from the Future Ops Online game:
    Everything is included except: Music, the Zombie model (its easy to find for free), my logos and a couple of textures and models will not be included if I cannot get permission to distribute them (I'm working on it).
    Everything else that you see in the game is included with the entire package.

List of currently included Live features from Future Ops Online:
    Clan System with Online / Offline Member List Promote / Demote
    Game Mode "Survival MMO" is available.
    Game Mode "Team Deathmatch" is available.
    Game Mode "Capture The Point" is available.
    Air Vehicles are available.
    Weapon pickups in Survival MMO Mode.
    Map "Zombie Infested Mountains" is available.
    Map "The Docks" is available.
    Map "Hill Valley" is available.
    In game chat is easily accessible from an on screen button.
    Mini Event Display for showing who killed who, and who entered the game.
    Create/Join/Switch servers, even while currently in a game.
    Registration with database to track kills, deaths, current XP/Level, virtual currency and collected items.
    Guest Login
    Player Profiles
    Vote Kicking, Vote Banning, Report Language, Report Hacking

Upcoming Features:
    Local Inventory
    Global Inventory
    Food
    Water

First time setup would be:
    1. Sign up for a free Player.IO account
    2. Upload the pre-compiled server code (you may edit it)
    3. Add your Player.IO game ID to the game
    4. Build android APK.

The Mobile Performance:
    The Docks level has completely baked light maps with baked light probes and no real time lighting. The demo renders at around 15k triangles with 45 draw calls (in an average multiplayer game) and runs smoothly on 600mhz ARMv6 Android v2.2 devices with 256mb of ram.

Easily Customizable:
    How easy is it to customize? Heres a quick glance at some of the Customizable Features.
    You can select what controls to use in the editor, Standard WASD or Unity Remote on Android and iOS.

The Map Manager:
    How easy is it to add your own maps right from the start? Take a look.

The Game Mode Manager:
    How easy is it to add game modes to your maps? See for your self below as the Game Mode Manager handles the hard part for you.

Customizable Interface:
    The entire GUI is included, but it is compatible with any GUI Creator from the Asset Store

Proven Sales:
    I cannot promise similar sales, but it may help you to see Future Ops Online sales, it was released on Amazon on January 2nd.

Proven Popularity:
    I cannot promise similiar download figures, but users do love the free version of Future Ops Online.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. Shigidy

Shigidy

*Dr. Evil* "100 million dollars." No, but I voted for 75.

3. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I agree, $75 is fine for a comprehensive kit that includeds a fully working (and currently still selling) game.

4. tripknotix

tripknotix

Thanks for taking the poll everyone, also thanks to Jason_DB and lastprogrammer i hope to have easy compatibility with their FPS kits in the near future.

5. Acolit

Acolit

So, i don't understand, this kit use IO cloud system?

6. tripknotix

tripknotix

yes thats correct Acolit

7. Acolit

Acolit

Ok, i'm ready to buy it...

8. HeroRain

HeroRain

$ 100-150, but actually more if it is full clean and clear KIT. For sure there is not a lot of people who will purchase it for this price, so fair price to earn the money would be around $ 50-75, so sad, but true.

9. tripknotix

tripknotix

I'm just waiting on news or updates from caitlyn@unity3d.com , i believe they are in contact with Player.IO to ensure a smooth submission to the asset store.

In the mean time i have a few models i am still working on getting permission to sell/distribute so that i dont have to strip them out, as well as a couple of classes that i have to rewrite to c#. so that its 100% c# completely written by me, currently thats not the case as there are still about 5 classes that are javascript. Hopefully by next week it will be 100% unique c# code.

10. nixter

nixter

This is interesting! I'm not a mobile gamer, so when I downloaded the Google play version of Future Ops Online, I couldn't even figure out how to move!

Thankfully I found the Unity plugin version on Kongregate here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/tripknotix/future-ops-online-mmo-fps
    Would you say this is an up-to-date version of your game? It was published on Jan. 11th so I'm guessing it is. If it is, I have a few questions:

* What is money used for? I can't find anything to spend it on.
    * Do you have any in-game item sales? I couldn't find a way to make purchases.
    * What effect do levels have? Health doesn't go up and there doesn't seem to be any stats.
    * Are there any ranged enemies? Just saw zombies so far.

And a more critical question:
    * Are paying for a Player.IO Pro account? Your 40 (or is it 44?) connection limit suggests you have the $500 monthly plan. The next plan down is only three connections. I couldn't afford a Pro Account until the game were very profitable.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  11. Acolit

Acolit

So, what time release is it planned on?

12. imtrobin

imtrobin

Player IO can't do server physics right? So that is calculated on client, how does it prevent cheating?

13. Acolit

Acolit

So, because of animations and lags i don't understand what include this game ? just a menu with maps change?
    Where is animation synchronization?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  14. tripknotix

tripknotix

The Kongregate version is not an accurate representation of the mobile game, it is purely for promotional use of the game and will be isolated to its own users in the future, it is a very limited version of the Mobile game, controls for the webplayer version are built directly from the Standard Assets that unity gives you, And there are no vehicle controls. Quality options do not exist in the Kongregate version, so zombies will only appear when very very close.

- There is no in-game store. If i were to add one, i would sell all possible items that you can find, for virtual currency.
    - There are no in-app purchases, however, friday's figures for selling the game is 120 sales for 1-18-2013, alone on amazon (that doesnt include google play). In the games current state with the current features.
    - Levels have no effect on the game play other than showing off your level of experience to everyone. If i decide to add features for leveling (such as adding clans and requiring levels to create one) i will definitely make it optional for developers to enable.
    - There are no ranged enemies included with the kit, however the AngryBots demo includes the AI for ranged enemies if you needed source for making your own.

Player.IO allows up to 45 users per server instanced "room", the actual amount of users you can have online is 500 online users at a time for the "free" player.io account. for $25 you can go up to 5,000 online users at the same time. and it scales upwards from there.

The connections that are limited to 3, are the "Types" (for example, i can create a connection type that is read only to the database, and another that is read and write for admins, then a 3rd that is write only, for the purpose of allowing 3rd party services to write to my database) Connection Types are unrelated to the amount of players your allowed to have online in your game.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  15. tripknotix

tripknotix

I am waiting on Unity to tell me when they have finished working with Player.IO, it is not up to me Acolit.

16. tripknotix

tripknotix

I actually cant discuss that with you at this time, what i can tell you is that today, saturday 1-19-2013, Player.io cannot do server physics and cannot prevent physics style cheating in the manner you speak of. (You can however add height map detection in c# to the server side, or your own colliders if you know how to write those in c#)

As for, if in the future, can Player.IO do server physics, again, thats something i can't discuss with you at this time.

I do have trigger walls that are not physics or collider based, in the game if a player runs through a wall, this is client side, but it will kick the user out of the game and post a flag into the database for their account. (if an android engineer can figure out how to remove the trigger walls and prevent sending of the kick command and prevent the client side shutdown of the game ((or other solutions that i will tackle one at a time)) they could technically stay in the game walling)
    Thats also 1 more reason why this is a Mobile MMO FPS Kit and not a webplayer fps kit. By the time hacking may be come huge, hopefully, what you spoke of in your question may exist by that time. But again, thats something i can't discuss with you at this time.

If you are to purchase this product it is under the assumption that there is no server physics and there may never be server physics. I have to put that as a disclaimer, i do not want to mislead anyone. My methods of preventing hacking will progress as time goes on, but that is my current method of preventing walling.

17. tripknotix

tripknotix

I do not understanding what you are asking, i have listed the included features above as well as what is included from the game. Perhaps ask if something is included, such as "Are maps included?" i would say "yes"

I am rebuilding the animation synchronization at the moment.

18. Acolit

Acolit

it's ok if this is a demo version http://www.kongregate.com/games/trip...online-mmo-fps , because it's awful..
    there aren't any animation, and the game has a big lag...
    maybe, if you can sell this kit, you could add a new demo with many features, just a video..

19. augasur

augasur

Hi, are you using unity android pro to export it to android platform or android basic?

20. fholm

fholm

Although I have not written the library, I would assume it is Android Pro because otherwise you dont have access to the Socket API and can only user the built in networking in unity.

21. augasur

augasur

`Thanks, I have forgoten that.

22. nixter

nixter

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. I thought Connection Types was an actual zone limit.

Is it possible to use your kit for standalone PC/Mac games in Unity Pro or is Unity Android Pro required?

23. tripknotix

tripknotix

Its built for mobile sorry nixter, the controls simply arent good enough for pc, and there would be quite a lot of hackers, very quickly on the pc.

24. tripknotix

tripknotix

I have just been informed by Unity that the situation between Player.IO and Unity Technologies may take several months to resolve. They have suggested I submit my product on a 3rd party web site for the time being, and then return to the asset store when they are ready to take player.io related submissions. I am looking into it right now, i am not sure if im allowed to post 3rd party store links in this forum. So its going to take some research, sorry.

25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Why does Unity Technologies not allow Player.IO? They do allow Photon .. I dont get it.

trip you could sell it on activeden.net

26. tripknotix

tripknotix

I have no idea, I have contacted Player.IO and they said they are reaching out to Unity on the issue, i have no idea what that means.

27. Acolit

Acolit

So, anyway, we are waiting

28. tripknotix

tripknotix

added Vote Kicking, Vote Banning, Report Language, Report Hacking and player profiles

29. tripknotix

tripknotix

Added Clan system with Online / Offline list

30. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

well, we cant purchase it :-(

31. tripknotix

tripknotix

Not yet , but when you can, there will be more features ready for you.

32. tripknotix

tripknotix

Added the ability to promote / demote members in the clan, with 10 levels of clan status and the ability to promote up to 1 level below yourself. Self promoting is enabled if the clan Founder leaves the clan. So an active and aware member can take over.

Demote anyone that is at least 1 level below you already.

"None", "Recruit", "Member", "Recruiter", "Moderator", "Administrator", "Leader", "Head", "Co-Founder", "Founder"

33. Dr.Yes

Dr.Yes

I cant wait for this to come out!

34. tripknotix

tripknotix

3-10-2013
    v.1.0.99
    - Added sorted Clan List.
    - Added Clan Profiles.
    - Added Apply to Clan Button
    - Added Applications List for easy Accept / Deny.

35. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

still no way to purchase this awesome asset? :-(

36. tripknotix

tripknotix

No sorry, the risk of pirating is too great, i wont be releasing it anywhere except the asset store for this reason. sorry. Hopefully in the coming months they'll let me put it up.

37. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Why not implement some kind of licence which you only giving out and without licence the tool wont work?

The Assetstore does not prevent pirating. Since everybody can take the assets and giving them away or selling them. But with a licence system you have more control over it.

38. pallinarozza

pallinarozza

Will you also do a kit only for single player? I don't need multiplayer, but it's amazing.

39. tripknotix

tripknotix

Not a bad idea, i'll look into some licensing solution, but no promises, but i do like that idea.

40. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

I wouldn't drop the idea to sell on the asset store. It makes it easy to buy and you will sell more. Those who want pirate copy will always find a way or just don't buy the kit because they were only going to mess about with stuff/not producing commercial project. Just my thoughts

41. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

I wouldn't worry about piracy, there is nothing you can do about it really. When I released my strategy application, of the first 10,000 downloads only 10 were not pirated copies. The app "phones home" the scores is how I know how many were out there (and it tells me if they are pirated or not.)

42. tripknotix

tripknotix

all interesting thoughts, i guess my issue right now is, if its going to get pirated regardless i would like for it to be on the asset store so im reaching the largest audience possible, so that if someone does pirate it, and wants to buy it, they will find no difficulty in finding the store it came from.

The alternative was to add a licensing system and stick it on all of the 3rd party sites i could, or atleast from my own web site via paypal cart. but i guess we'll see what other information on licensing i can find.

43. jopmdev

jopmdev

waiting for buy it!

44. BuildingBlocks

BuildingBlocks

I've had to deal with the piracy issue all of my career. I agree with the others that you can't stop piracy. Just look at some of the larger companies like Adobe. They can't even stem the flow of piracy in any meaningful way. It really comes down to what you want out of this. Money, exclusivity, money and some justice for your work, etc. If you want to make the most money possible, then submit it. If money isn't really the objective, or it's an issue of justice, or money is only a partial motivator, then find a good licensing solution and you'll stop a little bit of the piracy. Even a licensing system isn't much protection, if any. It will decrease sales, increase support, and not stop much piracy. Someone will crack your project and then start to post it.

If you want to put a dent in piracy then monitor the heck out of the pirate sites (torrent and file upload sites). Immediately report piracy to these sites and have the proof that you own the material ready before you submit. Speed matters here, you don't want to get into a back and forth with these sites, which could take weeks or longer. Have your proof ready so you can send one message with everything the site in question needs to do the right thing.

Get accounts to all of the pirate forums and clubs and monitor there also. When you find someone asking for a pirated copy, then introduce yourself, kindly ask them to stop and to respect your hard work (that actually works well). If it doesn't then you'll always be able to see where they are pirating from and stop it there. Set up Google alerts so you're notified about posts or mentions. To me that is far more effective than a licencing solution. If you're on top of it during the early stages then you'll make a huge dent in piracy. I hope this was of some help.

45. trvr

trvr

Do you have an ETA on release? Great job by the way :D

46. tripknotix

tripknotix

No ETA at the moment, just waiting on Unity and Player.io to let me know when i can re-submit to the asset store.

47. Victor Ree

Victor Ree

how to buy this project?

48. tripknotix

tripknotix

It's not available yet, Unity said they need to make a deal with Player.IO in order to allow their services in the Asset Store products. But Yahoo has just purchased Player.IO so hopefully soon Unity will make a deal with Yahoo.

49. Sutton_2

Sutton_2

Any news on this?

50. tripknotix

tripknotix

no sorry, i dont really have much hope its been 9+ months without any results, sorry