Unity Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Location
    Ukraine

Cool Terrain FREE Assets with tutorial

Hi.

How to create nice looking terrain with Unity 4 ?

Link to assets on a blog. See below.

Tutorial link:
    http://kostiantyn-dvornik.blogspot.c...-tutorial.html

Web player link in tutorial

Tutorial link:
    Last edited by Kos Dvornik; 01-14-2013 at 04:42 PM.

2. Posts
    Hi! looks very interesting! thanks for the tutorial)

3. Posts
    very promising results and the full terrain normal looks fantastic ! Could you provide a webplayer ?
    I've got some GeoControl2 experience. Totally worth the money

4. Location
    Ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by FlorianSchmoldt View Post
    very promising results and the full terrain normal looks fantastic ! Could you provide a webplayer ?
    I've got some GeoControl2 experience. Totally worth the money
    Guess I need some host for Web player. But you can download Full scene by link on my blog. At now it ~400 Drawcalls with grass. 70 FPS on my HD5830

5. Posts
    Well, let dropbox host it for you, just like the asset package. If unity compiles a webplayer, it automatically creates a html that gathers all the necessary data from you public folder. Just link to the file. Thats it

6. Location
    Ukraine
    I've putted link in tutorial

7. Posts
    Very interesting, just downloaded the package to fiddle around a bit, will post back in a bit

8. Location
    Ukraine
    Does anybody tested perfomance via web player ? I'am very intersting to know it.

9. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kos Dvornik View Post
    Does anybody tested perfomance via web player ? I'am very intersting to know it.
    Web player performance with my AMD5870 is very smooth.

GeForce 9800GT. Very smooth too.

11. Posts
    Hi,
    Thnx for the tutorial, as a total newby it was realy helpful!
    Also nice work on the toolkit fix, but it runs really slow on my computer because of the massive amount of warnings i get from, the toolkit's GUi, the buttons are not available it sais, i tried to fix the gui skin, but that doesn't change a thing? How did you fix that?

12. Location
    Ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernomaster View Post
    Hi,
    Thnx for the tutorial, as a total newby it was realy helpful!
    Also nice work on the toolkit fix, but it runs really slow on my computer because of the massive amount of warnings i get from, the toolkit's GUi, the buttons are not available it sais, i tried to fix the gui skin, but that doesn't change a thing? How did you fix that?
    On a new version of Unity Terrain Toolkit won't work properly. I have used it just for texturing and have fixed it for 2048 heightmap size texturing. Yes UI is really messed, but i have found a way to texturize terrain with it. I think lags on your computer is not correlated with warnings. Try to increase terrain Pixel Error in terrain settings. In a future I hope to post a tutorial about texturing terrain with GeoControl 2. Results should be much better i guess.

Thanks to everyone who tested the terrain.

13. Location
    Ukraine
    For the sons of Skyrim
    New Free Scene : Alpine

Download Link in tutorial.

14. Location
    Spain
    Really nice!
    Thx for the tutorial !

15. Location
    Ukraine
    Seems that DX11 tesselation rocks I just want to ask DX11 experts. Does it have any sense to create tesselation shader for standart terrain ? I mean give all tasks about LODS and stuff like that to GPU instead of CPU. This should give a dramatic reduce of drawcalls, but what about overall perfomance ?
    Last edited by Kos Dvornik; 01-27-2013 at 04:04 AM.

16. Posts
    Thanks for this tutorial. If you have any new tips on using geocontrol with unity, please let us know!

17. Posts
    Very nice, good on you for keeping things FREE.

18. Posts
    So what are the benefits of this vs using the terrain stuff within unity itself?

Would this be more suitable or less suitable for a mobile device?
    Last edited by PerfectlyInsane; 10-03-2013 at 07:37 PM.

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectlyInsane View Post
    So what are the benefits of this vs using the terrain stuff within unity itself?
    As I see it, the benefit is that you start off with a very realistic looking terrain as a base, then you can further modify it in Unity to your taste (sculpt the terrain, add vegetation, splat maps etc...).

20. Location
    Ukraine
    I'am planning to make texturing tutorial with GeoControl. At now I'am working at 3d rocks tutorial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast