Search Unity

Dungeon builder kit: Crypt of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Thomas-D, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Thomas-D

Thomas-D

Edit:

The dungeon kit is no longer available.

I decided to leave the thread in existence because there's some information about how I made the geometry so it would be tileable, maybe it's still useful for someone.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. Hans

Hans

nice work,.

How often will you be adding to the pack and new/different types of dungeon shapes packs

looks very similar to BITGEM work.

Thanks

Hans

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  3. Thomas-D

Thomas-D

Thanks for your comments.
    I'll be working on some different projects now first. I might add to this package in the future but I cannot guarantee that right now. It will depend, amongst other things, on the popularity of this kit.
    I've been wanting to make a set like this in this particular style. I've been inspired by Diablo III and there's a good chance Bitgem has been too. Which might explain similarities. I like his work so I'll consider it as a compliment :)

4. 3dDude

3dDude

Looks very nice!

Do you have any tips for building tiling geometry/textures like what you have here?

Cheers

5. wccrawford

wccrawford

I've been thinking about trying to build some tileable geometry, too, and I've love any tips as well.

6. Thomas-D

Thomas-D

It's a bit tricky to explain but I made some images to hopefully clarify it slightly. If you have any questions let me know.

Edit: The bottom one gets a bit squashed on the forum, just right click > View Image or save it to make it readable.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  7. wccrawford

wccrawford

Awesome! Thanks a ton for the tips!

8. 3dDude

3dDude

Extremely helpful!

In your original unwrap(bottom image) it seems you have all 3 of the pieces in one image lined up in a row. Did you do this for all the segments?

9. Thomas-D

Thomas-D

Yeah, I have 3 different straight wall pieces and the inner and outer corners. At one point I had them all in a single mesh and lined up all their UV's. Later on you can cut it up and reposition the UV's so that you for for instance have one texture per wall.

10. AdamWaters

AdamWaters

Great looking pieces. I hope to make use of them in the future!

11. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Looks great.

12. hike1

hike1

I made a floor and wall in Blender, but the wall doesn't butt up to the floor like Leslie's set, anybody know why?

Attached Files: