Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

blender "not enough bones"

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by doghouse2, Jan 9, 2013.

1. doghouse2

doghouse2

Using Blender 2.65 to create a model for Unity4. Getting "no enough bones". Can Blender create a model for Mecanim?

2. prawl

prawl

It works really well with blender. I'm guessing that you made your own rig and that it simply doesn't have enough bones. I'm not sure what bones are required for mecanim but I do know that the rigify rig works good.

If you want to use the rigify rig, in blender goto file/preferences, then the addons tab, then search for "rigify" and click the checkbox next to it to enable it. then add/armature/human(meta-rig).

3. doghouse2

doghouse2

I have tried several different sets of bones 15,17,etc. And I still gets the same error. I have not tried "rigify".

4. Amateur

Amateur

Pretty sure Rigify from Blender isn't compatible with Unity's Mecanim system (at least based on my testing). You'd probably have to be more descriptive in the problem, such as listing out the steps you used to create the armature in Blender, parenting it to the Mesh and then how it was exported.

5. Mikie

Mikie

I load a simple model into Blender, then setup the bones(15 at least). Then put Blender into "pose" and see if it is deforming OK. All seems OK. Then export to .fbx. Load into Unity 4 and create an avatar, then configure. And I also get "not enough bones" and configure does not work. DAZ studio does work.

6. kanga

kanga

You can download and open the animation starters pack. Open the animator controller scene and find the character 'U' in the character folder. If you click on his fbx file you can click on rig to configure him, just go through the steps to arrive art the mapping area where you can see his setup. That is the setup you want.

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Documentation/Documentation/Manual/Preparingacharacterfromscratch.html

If you are getting not enough bones maybe the links are not done correctly.