Search Unity

In desperate need of help (100% Noob)

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by von19, Jan 5, 2013.

1. von19

von19

Hello, and thank you for reading this. Please excuse my vast reserves of ignorance because I am completely new to this.
    So... I would like to create a game in unity. I have almost no knowledge of game design but I would like to make a Pokemon-like game. When I say Pokemon I don't mean there will be gyms and capturing monsters etc... More specifically I would like to create a game with the art style of games like Pokemon Black.

I would like the environment to be 3d, the characters to be a sprites (moving on a 2d plane), and turn-based combat will be how you battle. It will be an RPG and my first project. I do not know if this is overly ambitious for a first-timer but honestly I have nothing but time (I'm 18) and I'm willing to learn.

My biggest problem I believe is textures. I have scoured the web a thousand times over and I cannot find anything even close to the textures they use in Pokemon Black. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this.

Finally... If you could point me in the direction of a good tutorial for a top-down (45 degree angle-ish) 3d game like Pokemon Black I would be eternally grateful. Any other tutorials would be greatly appreciated because I am 100% new to this and what little coding experience I have is irrelevant (HTML5 CSS).

2. SHIMMY

SHIMMY

Everything i learnt i learnt off the TornadoTwins tutorials on Youtube. Just youtube the name and look on the playlist. The first tut is a little 3D game, but they do delve into an FPS game as well. Certainly worth looking into it and completing, its helped me vastly!