Unity Community

1. Posts

what's a good computer to use for unity

Ok I had a laptop and I started making one of many of my great ideas I was so far into making it and stuff but my laptop got stolen. I was just wondering in your feedback for a good computer.and I have a galaxy s3 is that good for testing my android or would it be better to invest in a tablet.Thanks

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerRage View Post
    Ok I had a laptop and I started making one of many of my great ideas I was so far into making it and stuff but my laptop got stolen. I was just wondering in your feedback for a good computer.and I have a galaxy s3 is that good for testing my android or would it be better to invest in a tablet.Thanks
    Here's where people tell you to get a Macbook Pro, and then they are set upon by villagers with pitchforks.

But it's true, get a Macbook Pro. It doesn't cost more than any other high end notebook, and unity is more stable on it. Plus you can run windows and play windows games on it also, at full speed! And, you can develop for both IOS and Android.

And yes, your Galaxy s3 is a great phone for testing your android version.

3. Location
    Canada
    What is your budget?

4. Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    500-600 $
    I'm using a custom computer that was about $1000 four years ago. There are $400 computers on shelves now with more power than this dinosaur.

I personally prefer Windows OS, but I can't build for iOS on my machine (someone else makes those builds for me). Whereas, if you get a Mac, you'll be able to boot to iOS or Windows and build for any device. However, that's only relevant if you're making a game for iOS. If not, just drop your $500 on a computer you like best and it will work just fine for you.

5. Posts
    Can someone give me a specific link to a specific computer or a pc

6. Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Here. Or just walk in to a computer store in your town and browse.

7. Location
    Sooke
    Can someone give me a specific link to a specific computer or a pc
    Why not build one? Its easy as cake. Easier in fact.
    -Insert quote here
    ---Famous Person

8. Location
    California
    If your looking for something within that range, I would say this one would be good.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...quidmarkets-20

9. Location
    Austin, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimi View Post
    But it's true, get a Macbook Pro. It doesn't cost more than any other high end notebook
    The last time I ordered a laptop that was pretty decent (1080p, 17", i5, 6GB RAM, GTX 550M), I accidentally bought two of them (though I eventually returned the second).

Those two computers combined cost less than a MacBook Pro.

10. Location
    Cheonan, S. Korea
    Get a PC and educate yourself on how to maintain them. You'll save yourself a lot of money.
    Laying down the framework for my new game project now.

11. Location
    India
    I just bought a new assemble pc and i paid for that Apprx. $600 The configuration is I3 processor (3.3GHZ), 4gb RAM and NVIDIA GeForce (2GB) Graphic card with 1 TB Harddisk. I think its best option for you.