Search Unity

Saga Heroes RPG Adventure

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Ayrik, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Ayrik

Ayrik

You Decide the Future of the Game! Please Participate.

As you may know, Saga Heroes was not funded on Kickstarter! I know, this is a few months late, but I've been trying to decide what to do with the game since it then. After months of deliberating and questioning everything this game is, I finally came to my senses. Why not let the future players of the game decide what they want?

So, I created a tiny survey, that's really no more than a poll on what you, the fans, want me to do with Saga Heroes. Your choices will affect the final output of the game, so please participate!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BxfQZIUKrRm7Fc6DKrCA-mq0zd6CZXOExrVH7_afY3Y/viewform

Please, please, please participate in this poll!

It will take most of you no longer than 2 minutes to finish the survey, and will provide me with all the information I need to bring you the game you want. Without participation, this game could disappear due to lack of interest! Please don't let that happen!

I will continue to work on this game in my own spare time until funding is acquired, or the game is complete.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

Please help us get on Steam by voting for us on Greenlight!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232543588

Hey everyone, just thought I'd finally announce my game. It's an Action RPG called Saga Heroes and is based in the world of the MMORTS called SAGA (www.playsaga.com). There may be some tie-ins that allow you to earn things for your SAGA nation, but I haven't decided on what just yet.

I plan on releasing to OUYA, Android, iOS, and probably PC/Mac/Linux as well (and probably in that order of priority). It would also be nice to get it on the PS Vita and I'm working on making that possible.

---

Saga Heroes is an action/adventure RPG where you work to save the world from evil by uncovering the cause of the corruption of the land by a cult called The Shadow, whose sole purpose is to release the Elder God of Death, Goth-Azul. You start in the small village of Aria, with the clothes on your back and nothing more.

Gain the trust of the townsfolk by completing their quests and uncover the secrets of the Shadow Cabal. Explore the world of Gaia and discover the rich lore behind it all.

Saga Heroes is an exciting new adventure based in the world we created for our MMORTS, SAGA, and a new film set in the same world, The Shadow Cabal made by our friends at Arrowstorm Entertainment.

During your journey you will encounter unique and evil beasts, and familiar creatures like Orcs, Dark Elves, Ogres, and Undead. Gain fame and fortune by ridding the world of this corruption and become a true hero of the Order.

Game Features
    • A unique blend of action, adventure, and RPG
    • Play through hours of interesting side quests
    • Gain fame from slaying evil monsters and helping the townsfolk
    • Explore an exciting world, filled with a rich lore
    • Delve into deep, dark dungeons
    • Encounter unique beasts and demons
    • Amass riches, treasure, and loot!
    • Collect cards throughout the world that can also be used in SAGA
    We're also on Facebook and Twitter
    And IndieDB

Last edited: May 13, 2014
    Griede-Starless likes this.
  2. 1upgames3d

1upgames3d

You need some original graphics in this game.

3. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

I like this!

Cannot wait to see some gameplay! :)

4. Ayrik

Ayrik

Are you volunteering? Just kidding :). I run SAGA, and so I have access to the art and story. This will be an official SAGA branded game made in association with Silverlode Interactive (all credit where credit is due and licensing is acquired/used properly).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. Ayrik

Ayrik

Here is 30 seconds from the current Pre-Alpha build within the Unity Editor

6. Gnimmel

Gnimmel

I like this so far, although as you already know from my thread, I like this sort of game. As this is on the Ouya, will it be co-op on the same screen? One of my all time favorite games was war in the north because it was a co-op hack and slash which looked and played great. Just a pity they never fixed all the dam bugs in it.

7. Ayrik

Ayrik

I would love to make it co-op, but it adds so many layers of complexity when you consider managing inventories and basic UI control. It could just be hacked together, but if I add it I would like to make it right...Maybe the sequel can be co-op!

8. Ayrik

Ayrik

Here's a little bit of story, taken from SAGA:

Before the Saga began, the Elder Gods reigned in the heavens. One of the Elder gods, Goth-Azul, rebelled against the established order and the Gods created a prison orb, called Gaia, and imprisoned Goth-Azul deep within its core. But before being imprisoned, Goth-Azul gave the secret of the power of the Elders to a lesser god, Xethos Nom. Together with four other lesser Gods, Xethos used the secret to destroy the Elders, and they claimed the heavens for themselves.

The new gods fought bitterly over who was to rule in the heavens. After much destruction, an agreement was reached. Each god would create a race. These beings would battle away from the heavens, on the surface of Gaia, and whichever race was victorious, their god would reign in the heavens.

Thus, the Saga began…

Gaia, goddess of nature, taking on her the name of the world herself, created the elves, taking their power from nature and the land itself. Her natural enemies were Rathos, god of war, and Tek, god of machines, both of which scourged the land for resources to fuel their dominions.

Rathos, god of war, made the orcs, tribal and warlike, known even to battle each other for glory on the field. The orcs love to do battle with anyone and anything, but especially with the elves, with their peaceful nature and righteous indignation, and the giants, followers of Ari-Alia, goddess of light, civilization, and peaceful order.

Tek, god of machines, fashioned the dwarves to raise up great machines and technologies to him. The dwarves are gifted in industry, at whatever cost to the land, making them the sworn enemies of Gaia and the elves. They despise and distrust magic, making them scoff and revile the dark elves who follow Xethos Nom, god of magic.

Ari-Alia, goddess of light and justice, sister of Xethos Nom, created the giants, wise and long-living, whose sworn goal is to bring civilization and order to the world. They hate the bloodthirsty orcs, who are chaotic and primitive, and the dark elves of Xethos Nom, whose magic is twisted and evil.

Xethos Nom, god of magic, brother of Ari-Alia, the lesser god who led the other gods to rebel, is the god of darkness and fear. He created dark elves to do his bidding, a cruel and fearless race, trained in the black arts of magic. They despise the dwarves as ignorant tinkerers, and hate the giants of light for their naive crusading for justice and liberty.

9. RedLab

RedLab

Wow...very very cool...can't wait to see this one

10. mrKaizen

mrKaizen

Looks interesting, a bit generic, but good. What about some big monsters? ;)

11. Ayrik

Ayrik

I've just updated the main thread with new screenshots of the game and a new description.

We are planning a Kickstarter to boost our development of Saga Heroes and to take advantage of OUYA's "Free The Games" Fund!

To help us out and keep yourself up to date on our development, like us on Facebook. And if you really want the game to succeed, follow the instructions on this post to be entered to win a glowing starting weapon. Or follow us on Twitter and retweet this message.

12. Pastywhite

Pastywhite

Looks good so far. I like that it's sorta fast paced. The only comment that I have (and it's pretty nit-picky) is that the sounds the creatures making sound like they would be coming from a really large creature, not something about the size of the average dog.

13. Ayrik

Ayrik

Haha, yeah it's temp sound of course. I think it's even been toned down since then. Thanks for taking a look :)

14. Ayrik

Ayrik

@mrKaizen
    Here are some monsters (and more)! I made some renders for the Kickstarter and thought I'd share them.

15. TheAll

TheAll

Nice! I like it. Keep it up.

16. Ayrik

Ayrik

I just updated the first post with some new screenshots. Enjoy!

17. Ayrik

Ayrik

Updated the first post with a new video, and removed all the old stuff, which is very dated now. I hope you like it!

If you do like it, please subscribe and give it a thumbs up for good measure!

18. Ayrik

Ayrik

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  19. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

I liked the theme design a lot, very beautiful, you guys did a great job :)

20. mrKaizen

mrKaizen

Cool! Good job, guys! -_^

21. PixelHeadHD

PixelHeadHD

Looks great! Reminds me of Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance :p if anyone has heard/played it.

22. Ayrik

Ayrik

23. Ayrik

Ayrik

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  24. Ayrik

Ayrik

25. Ayrik

Ayrik

We have about a week left in our Kickstarter! We've had great response so far, especially considering nobody knew anything about us before the Kickstarter went live.

There have been a few updates I've neglected to let you know about here, but here they are in a nutshell.

If you have not backed us, please consider doing so! Or at the very least, please share the following link to your friends that may back it. We need your help!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ayrik/saga-heroes-rpg-adventure

Update #4: PC Demo!

Update #5: New Camera Angle
    One of the biggest concerns we've had is that the camera angle is too steep! Well, we are happy to announce that we've lowered the camera angle, added some fog, and now the game looks better than ever!

Update #6: Puzzles and Features Beyond the Demo
    We answer what sets us apart from the typical ARPG and what "adventuring" means to us.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  26. Ayrik

Ayrik

You Decide the Future of the Game! Please Participate.

As you may know, Saga Heroes was not funded on Kickstarter! I know, this is a few months late, but I've been trying to decide what to do with the game since it then. After months of deliberating and questioning everything this game is, I finally came to my senses. Why not let the future players of the game decide what they want?

So, I created a tiny survey, that's really no more than a poll on what you, the fans, want me to do with Saga Heroes. Your choices will affect the final output of the game, so please participate!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BxfQZIUKrRm7Fc6DKrCA-mq0zd6CZXOExrVH7_afY3Y/viewform

Please, please, please participate in this poll!

It will take most of you no longer than 2 minutes to finish the survey, and will provide me with all the information I need to bring you the game you want. Without participation, this game could disappear due to lack of interest! Please don't let that happen!

I will continue to work on this game in my own spare time until funding is acquired, or the game is complete.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

Griede-Starless likes this.