Search Unity

Need Help With Environment Design

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by caseyboundless, Jan 4, 2013.

1. caseyboundless

caseyboundless

I am trying to figure out how to make normal maps, shadow maps, trans rgb gloss maps for trees, leaves, and rocks. I'm wanting to get a realistic look for my environments. A good example would be like Big Environment Pack.

When I search on youtube for advance tutorials there is nothing besides -Create your first tree and all asset packs you can download.(Which are amazing and why I want to be like those designers one day) I can't afford Speed Tree.

If there are any environment designers that would like to help please do.

My skype is CaseySWilliams52.

Thanks So Much

Learn how to make normal maps with CrazyBump but my trees bark still is horrible. It would be create if I could actually talk to someone one on one.

I did not make this tree just imported it. I want to make something like this or even more realistic. Credit to artist.

Last picture is my bark. ;/ Using normal map. Y axis is up, Other axis is right. Open photoshop and turned green channel to invert. Imported to Unity. Set texture as Normal Map. Terrible results.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013