Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynamic Batching not working and empty scene(only camera) has a draw call

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by iaconic, Dec 30, 2012.

1. iaconic

iaconic

Hello,

I'm having an extremely weird issue with Unity right now. I have been trying to get Dynamic Batching to work for rotating coins with no luck. Something has gone wrong with my project, but only on my computer. In my project on my computer, each coin produces 2 draw calls, but on my friends they batch to 1 draw call all together. If I create an empty scene in my project, it will show 1 draw call - but not on my friends. I have made new projects that produce 0 draw calls in an empty scene. I have also downloaded a new copy of Unity 4 and installed, still no luck!

The thing that really bothers me the most is that it works %100 the way intended on my friends computer, I gave him the project in a zip. But when I take the project back from him.. it stops working again!

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Could there be some hidden data somewhere on my computer that I may need to delete? I Don't know what to do I am so confused and upset by this issue, please any information would be helpful

Bit of info -
    Using Unity 4.0.0f7 Pro with iOS Pro
    2010 Macbook Pro 2.3GHz Intel Core i5
    Project contains NGui package
    Object is a coin, has 55 verts. Using Mobile/specular bump material. It is referenced from prefab. I have also tried a cube and it doesn't work.
    I have also confirmed that static batching DOES work.. but I don't want static coins