Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by jonkuze, Dec 27, 2012.

1. jonkuze

jonkuze

Sword of Destiny: RoA Closed Beta is Underway... We Need about 6 more for our Beta Testing Team! Signup by Sending an Email to info(at)kuroato.com with Subject: SoD:RoA Beta Testing

All Closed Beta Testers will have a chance to ask Questions, Provide Feedback, Suggestions etc... during Live Closed Beta Testing Sessions, and will also receive Credit for Participation by getting your Favorite Nickname, Alias, or Full Name Mentioned on Our Website under the About Us Section.

Looking forward to chatting and Testing with all those who Signup very Soon! = )

2. fujindevil

fujindevil

what have you actually made so far? i only see bought assets in a unity scene

3. jonkuze

jonkuze

well yea that's just the preview, i'll try to upload some new footage with actual gameplay when it's ready (very soon). in the meantime just looking for those interested in testing.

4. EctoNecro

EctoNecro

People complaining about the name are irrelevant if they can't understand how Trade Marking works.

The game looks good and seems to be coming along good, good work :).

5. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thank you EctoNecro! = ) I hope to have some Gameplay Footage to Share very Soon! = )

6. EctoNecro

EctoNecro

No problem, I look forward to the game play video :)

7. jonkuze

jonkuze

Kuroato Media is Proud to Present a Preview Video, featuring Sword of Destiny: RoA Gameplay!

Showcasing the Two Playable Character Classes, the Knight and Thief, Player vs Enemy, Resource "items" Pickup and Usage of Healing Potions, and PowerUps (also known as Skill Tonic) that allows you to Deal Double Damage on your Next Attack to Enemies or other Players in PvP Mode.

Please Note this is Only a Preview, so much of what you see may be subjected to changes and/or Updates before the Foundation Release of Sword of Desity: RoA. We Hope you Enjoy this Video and provide us with some early feedback! = ) Thank you. Sincerely, Kuroato Media.

8. jonkuze

jonkuze

If you interested in playing Sword of Destiny, Please visit http://swordofdestinyrpg.com/ to play the (Alpha) Foundation Release!

Foundation Release means, this is still very much a work-in-progress... some gameplay features are missing, but you can now finally join the game world, engage in PvP and PvE Combat. (there are some noticeable bugs with the HUD / Health System, hopefully will be Fixed very Soon)

Enjoy! - Kuroato Media

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  9. Alex Cruba

Alex Cruba

The camera rotation is much too fast for me. Adding a healthbar to the mobs would be good. Rest is ok.

10. JovanD

JovanD

So did this project die? or?

11. jonkuze

jonkuze

interesting that you post on this year old thread JovanD lol! Yes, the Project did die sadly due to my poor experience at the time i started this project. There was mostly alot of issues I didn't know how to handle with the coding side of things...

But this project's experience, and some ideas still live on in a new project i'm working on called "CoinRPG" you can check out the details here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/221859-CoinRPG!-A-Bitcoin-RPG

Whats great about what i'm doing here is that the Multiplayer RPG System I am working on for this Game "CoinRPG" can easily be re-purposed for other potential games, and often I come back to this original idea I had here because I really enjoyed the characters and assets I was working with for this "Sword of Destiny" Game, so who knows I may revive the project in the near future but probably under a different name.

12. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Looks like it as all Aions are gone together with the YouTube videos.

13. MrMassively

MrMassively

it cracks me up reading thru this whole thread.

Looks like Kuroato Son finally came on to his senses

all that raging like a spoiled kid really showed the true you lol. and too bad it took all that to finally hear the click inside your head.

you asked for feedback from fellow developers and you certainly got it, and lots of it lol

you fought them all like a wild cat in desperation stating that what in your head you thought was right. even tho you fought against the current.
    the thing is that it makes no sense to ask for feedback if your intentions were not to be open minded about it or listen to other experienced developers.

do not fight the public and offend them calling them idiots in a sort of speak you asked for feedback and you had it., the game is for them to play, and without the public you got nothing.

you could be right or wrong but what matters is the public opinion, 1 neg feedback is ok, 2 neg feedback is ok but 3.4.5.6.7 ................
    where pretty much most of feedback was neg, and you fighting all of them. what a sad thing to watch :-(
    this should by now give you an even slightly clue that what you were doing perhaps the public will dislike.

like the old wise saying :
    "Do not bite the hand that feeds you"

at the end the game will be played by the public and if in your mind the public is wrong, then you may rethink once again looking other venture where does not involve public opinion.

Well, now i look at the aftermath and i see that all videos are gone and that you finally understood the public is always right.
    you planing to do other similar game but with different title. good for you.
    take this as a learning experience, remember that the public is the on that will play the game,they will decide weather your game is worth playing or not
    and what ever you do, do not insult them, becuse you will be hated all over that you will be out of business instantly and banned for ever in the gaming market well that is if you planning to make living on game developing.

best of luck Kuroato Son

14. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thanks, this all happened litterly one year ago as you can see from the Original Dated Post of this Thread, 1 year has past since I started this project here, and while i may not have done the best in response to the feedback given here, i sure have learned a great since this time. So all is good, it's better to learn and not give up and move forward rather than throw all of that experience away.

We all have a different Journey, and this was mine lol...

15. JovanD

JovanD

Found the thread by random, but it was a bit depressing to read since i used to have similar mannerism when i was younger.
    Guess it's a good reminder to developers on how not to behave.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  16. Origxn

Origxn

Its like TDM with preset classes/roles

17. chrisx84

chrisx84

you really should do some research before using other people's name's for your own projects. Whats next World of Minecraft? Halo of the Rings Onlines? How about Grand Theft of Assassin's Creed.
    Point is that you really shouldn't have the same name for your games as other games. It is wrong, disrespectful and in most cases illegal. It's just a matter of time before the creator of The Sword of Destiny or NCSoft files a lawsuit against you just for the name.
    And dont even bother arguing me because i got a wiki link for you to read ;)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword_of_Destiny
    Now how about you be a good boy and rename your game to someone unique before you get screwed with legal actions.
    Also all the videos you have posted do not exist so if you are not deleting them then it must be YouTube deleting them because of the name. Hint Hint.

18. Foestar

Foestar

You do realize that this thread was started in 2012 and that this project has long been over right? Before posting for someone else to read your link to a wiki you should probably read the thread itself along with the dates. o_O

19. jonkuze

jonkuze

Do you realize this Thread is almost 2 years old? Dated Dec, 2012... this project is dead. I've moved on to new projects,
    LOL! +1, I was just about to reply to this with similar response... :p